SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I watched or rather heard my Mom brush her teeth with Brylcreem back in the day.She was actually pissed off at my Dad about like it was his fault. I came running because she made the most god-awful noise. And she did not appreciate my smirk a bit either.
She was also a believer in the old Ivory bar for dissuading my brother and I from using those good descriptor words. It wasn't as nasty as I would have thought, but I must admit I never, ever though later to brush my teeth with it.

Posts: 405 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Ever douche with WD-40?

Well, that's just silly. If I were going to douche, I'd use Listerine.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Ever douche with WD-40?

Well, that's just silly. If I were going to douche, I'd use Listerine.

According to my wife, you'd only do that once!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15487 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you count my patients in dental school, I’ve been at this for 31 years. Many different opinions on toothpastes, but you are lucky number one on the bar soap. Razz

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ever douche with WD-40?

20 seconds earlier and another keyboard would be gone. ROTF

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Instead have no you can always find one person who suggests something or another is the best thing to use. I don’t think I’ll be trying it but if you want a routine that will help prevent too many trips to the dentist read “Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye” and follow their routine. It has worked great for me. BTW, the routine is 30 second rinse with Closys oral rinse, brush (I guess you could use soap but they actually make stuff to brush with) , rinse with listerine for 30 seconds, rinse with a fluoride rinse for 30 seconds. You need to floss too, I don’t think Dial soap will clean between your teeth well.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Surprised no one has said, "Get some damn grease".

Smile

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
As a kid it took several times, but I learned soap is bad in the mouth.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard of people using salt. On my v, a survival guy used ashes from his camp fire.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20014 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand... (Yechh!)"

Sorry couldn't resist! Smile

Never used soap myself. I'd probably gag too lol.

LOL I KNEW someone was going to post that.
He should try it with grilled Spam.

Posts: 17983 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
It never occurred to me to do such a thing. Probably tastes horrible.

I'll stick with Crest, thanks.

I'm with you!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3793 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I admit that I have never heard of such a thing. Looked it up on the Google, and apparently the OP isn't the only one who does this.

I'm seeing my dentist later today. I'll inquire while I'm there.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15846 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I’ve heard of people using salt. On my v, a survival guy used ashes from his camp fire.

He used what on your "V"?

Posts: 5814 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Ever douche with WD-40?

Just remember though, it doesn't protect against corrosion. So that'll be a separate (douching?) step....

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2050 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand... (Yechh!)"

Seeing the word Lifebuoy reminds me of the story about a particular ad on the outfield wall at Shibe Park during the Phillies' lean years in the '50s.

The sign read, "The Phillies Use Lifebuoy!" Supposedly, somebody snuck into the ballpark one night and painted underneath, "And they STILL stink!"

Posts: 4557 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
He should try it with grilled Spam.

Now THAT, I would be willing to try. Or bacon. Bacon would be good.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15487 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I had an uncle who in a drunken stupor while in Vegas put Ben Gay on his toothbrush. He said he would never forget it!

Ha! I was completely sober and used the icy hot instead of my deodorant. Never made the mistake of buying icy hot as a stick again.

I use toothpaste primarily but I do keep a toothbrush in the shower and have used Dial to brush and it's weird.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8150 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
...a survival guy used ashes from his camp fire.

Mix those ashes (lye) with a little fat and you've got soap. So...he's almost there.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Your mother sucks c--ks in hell!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Whoa there. ^

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post