SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else brush their teeth with bar soap? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Negative, Ghostrider, but I do use Toothpaste from Tom's of Maine.

And I never use Anti-Perspirant, only Deodorant, and only natural ones w/o Aluminum.

And I only use natural/homemade soaps to shower/bathe.

And while I do still use regular Shampoo, I use it less often / as actually needed, occasionally using the TeaTree variety as my scalp gets dry sometimes from long and hot showers.

And I look, feel, and smell as good as ever, and I have a full head of good/healthy hair.

But no... brushing my teeth with bar soap has never once occurred to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am afraid I would have flashbacks when my mother made me bite into soap after I cussed!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4888 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Probably tastes horrible.

It's actually not too bad.

I'll take your word for it! Smile Razz

I might try it in an emergency situation....maybe.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Inside the Micropterus home*

Micropterus - "Hey honey, how much do you want to bet that I can get one of these idiots to brush their teeth with soap?"

Wife - Roll Eyes

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Was this the same dentist that said cat food was the best option for emergency rations?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I recall being threatened with that for foul language by my parents as a youngster but they never followed through.

Posts: 9792 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
For some reason my wife refuses to buy bar soap. When we first started dating she asked me if I was a caveman for using bar soap. She does the shopping, so we use liquid body wash. I actually prefer bar soap, but I pick my battles.

Come to think of it, the body wash might be easier to get on the toothbrush?

Posts: 5814 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
No, that's disgusting and silly. But whatever floats your boat broski.

There's literally a ton of better things to use as a toothpaste compared to using bar soap, including nothing at all.

Try Nutella next time.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Baking soda, yes. Soap, only once with a nun on the other end.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ever douche with WD-40?

Just remember though, it doesn't protect against corrosion. So that'll be a separate (douching?) step....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
F no. Gasoline will work also but I see know reason to use it.

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Soap, only once with a nun on the other end.
kinky

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Lol Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zingo and striker1...

LOL!

Posts: 2710 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I brushed my teeth with Desetin once. Picked it up thinking it was toothpaste. If you recall, Desetin is for diaper rash. My wife made sure I was trained in the not so fine art of changing diapers back in the day. I also was the recipient of a few different brands of soap when I was a kid, but nothing compares to brushing your teeth with diaper rash cream. Ah the good old days.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8914 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ever douche with WD-40?

Only works so-so. Won't get 'em squeaky clean.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5714 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I usually brush my teeth right after I shower. So I'm thinking of the last thing I wash while in the shower before I would brush my teeth.
Um, no.

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post