SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who likes Swiss Cheese?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who likes Swiss Cheese? Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
I've not had it for quite awhile but told my wife the other day I was Jonesing for some and it got the best of me. I went to Central Market and picked up several varieties. Some Emmentaler, some Swiss Tilsit and some Gruyères for good measure. Spent way too much money, but damn that stuff is good. That should handle me for a year or two. Well maybe some grocery store Bores Head slices now and again.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Making swiss mushroom burgers tonight. Love me some swiss.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, a mushroom and Swiss burger is the best...

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ham and Swiss
Turkey and Swiss
Sandwiches

Swiss on a Ritz cracker next to a good Scotch on rocks is a great snack before dinner

Ham and Swiss Omelette

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Swiss and sharp cheddar are my top two.

Posts: 9523 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Swiss is my favorite cheese. Love it with hot chips.

Posts: 3151 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's a little lower in salt where I buy it. So thumbs up.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
What's not to like?
It is a very common ordinary cheese but yes it is tasty.

Posts: 22916 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Plus one on the ham and swiss...on rye preferably. Or just cut into chunks for snacking.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5688 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Yep a proper ham and cheese includes Swiss....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
A good Swiss is great when you want that distinct flavor, but I prefer baby Swiss for sandwiches.

A toasted ham and baby Swiss sandwich is just thing to brighten a blustery day.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for Swiss!

I've come to prefer ordinary Tillamook Swiss even compared with Jarlsberg & others.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
One longtime cheese shop, Bobby Nelson's, closed up shop about a year ago.

It was a little family run shop on the I-94 frontage road just as you came into Wisconsin, that always had the best cheeses, smoked sausages and locally made jams and preserves.

Best Swiss I ever had was from there and it was aged 8 years. Absolutely the perfect flavor, and practically melted in your mouth.

God, I miss that place...

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Try some aged Comte.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"I've never met a cheese I didn't like"
-Mrs DF

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Swiss & Mushroom omelette!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
Baby Swiss is for... babies Razz

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gruyere and Tête de Moine is excellent stuff.

This thread has taken me back to my Switzerland trip, eating the different cheeses throughout the countryside..man, what an experience and such flavor!

I was in Murren but, went to a place similar, incredibly unique, making the trip that much more memorable.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I/we love it. Best we ever ate was in a small Swill village, way up on a mountain hill top.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Love Central Market, but they're 3 to 3.5 hours south of me. That's a fantastic food purveyor, not just a grocery store.

Time to go visit family in DFW area.

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post