SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It is time for an alternative greeting vs. shaking Hands
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It is time for an alternative greeting vs. shaking Hands Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
As James Woods tweeted, the custom of shaking hands is a bit outdated, since we no longer have to worry if the person you are meeting has a broadsword behind their back, perhaps it's time for a custom change Big Grin

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...LYY&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
we might give butt bumping a try...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
It's the Wuhan shake!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How about "Yo! Keep your distance!"

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
It's Chinese? No, thanks.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
sarc on/
I thought the traditional Chinese greeting was to dust each other with lead-infused melamine?
sarc off/
Being serious for a femtosecond, I kind of like the foot thing.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
What's your boggle?

Posts: 2017 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I am scheduled to attend a conference in 2 weeks that draws attendees from all over the world. The meeting has been designated a "no handshake" event. I wish they would just cancel it.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
No way, I don't want the shit on your shoes to get on the shit on my shoes!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
That's going to lead to a bunch of broken hips, I vote for elbow bumps.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8356 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My vote.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I do fist bumps. Since I do not lick my nuckles, I should be fine.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
A salute. Ya know, so they can see I am not armed

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I do fist bumps. Since I do not lick my nuckles, I should be fine.

How do you know the other person doesn't.....

Perhaps the head nod....

Posts: 23517 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Is bowing off the table? Been working in Japan for thousands of years. Why innovate?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16377 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if you only have one foot?

Posts: 2488 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Carson

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I always recall John Wayne in I think "Mc Klintock" saying "Ya Ta Hey" to the old Chief.

Or how about the Blackfeet Tribal Hello, OKI?

My Blackfeet buddy gives me the raised right hand and "Oki" when we meet. Though it is a bit of a personal joke between us.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
How about just wear white gloves?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post