SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thanks for nothing SA and RRA
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks for nothing SA and RRA Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
After a diligent review of the facts, ARFCOM severed their relationship with RRA today, save for keeping their slot in the industry forum so they can keep people advised as to what RRA is doing to kill this bill.

They have no relationship with SA to sever.

Sentiment remains what I said yesterday. Most are saying "Sod the lot of them."

LINK to thread.

Read, contemplate, and draw your own conclusions.

Or join the lynch mob, if you prefer, but bring your own pitchfork and torch.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I bought an RRA lower earlier this year and love it, very good quality.
If they made something captive to them only that would be one story.

I go pretty basic on my AR15 configs, so for my needs, I think CMMG will work just fine.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Got one myself. My C7A1-type rifle

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Got one myself. My C7A1-type rifle

I have several, plus daughter-chan has an LAR-15-Lefty, since she's left eye dominant.

She's well armed, an AR, a Franchi 48AL20, an M&P9, and a SIG P230.

Plus she gets all of my guns when I shuffle off this mortal coil.

My .30 ARs are all Aero Precision, since RRAs are proprietary in the "standard" they use.

The memes around this are getting hilarious.

RRA is being called RAT RIVER ARMS.

SA is being called "Benedict Armory", plus their new "Saint" AR is being priced at "30 pieces of silver."

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
After a diligent review of the facts, ARFCOM severed their relationship with RRA today, save for keeping their slot in the industry forum so they can keep people advised as to what RRA is doing to kill this bill.

LINK to thread.

So, I read the first post at that link.

So by the logic espoused there, a business, lobbying organization, government agency, etc, isn't really responsible for people who they employ?

That's what is implied there, with these statements: "After speaking with RRA we came to find out that they were not involved with their lobbyist . . .

. . . For the most part, they hire them and expect them to represent the interests of the company and the firearm community without much assistance. They are not micromanaged and often times go months without contact."

Is that what we're supposed to think about the responsibilities of an organization with regard to actions of their employees/representatives/agents, whether that employer is a private business, a political lobby, or even a government agency?

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've responded, apologetic, and making corrective actions. They had been active in the past defending our rights, even at the national level. It's not good to burn 2 of our own. The anti's would love it if we boycott these 2 out of business.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

LINK to thread.

So, I read the first post at that link.

So by the logic espoused there, a business, lobbying organization, government agency, etc, isn't really responsible for people who they employ?

That's what is implied there, with these statements: "After speaking with RRA we came to find out that they were not involved with their lobbyist . . .

. . . For the most part, they hire them and expect them to represent the interests of the company and the firearm community without much assistance. They are not micromanaged and often times go months without contact."

Is that what we're supposed to think about the responsibilities of an organization with regard to actions of their employees/representatives/agents, whether that employer is a private business, a political lobby, or even a government agency?
No, it's best summed up in this sentence the second to last paragraph, "ARFCOM has decided that ignorance is not a valid excuse and that fault still lies with these companies for not staying on top of such critical legislation."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The anti's would love it if we boycott these 2 out of business.

Boycotting them out of business is not likely, but they need to do something for us the gun owners. Think more than apologies here. They spend too much time on slick advertising, marketing and public relations. Being honest about their screw up would be a good start.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
They spend too much time on slick advertising, marketing and public relations. Being honest about their screw up would be a good start.

Yeah. Their statements of "we didn't know" ring hollow. I wouldn't expect them to keep tabs on every piece of legislation being considered as many won't see the light of day. But this was a piece of legislation which impacted the 2A rights of their customers. If a CEO isn't keeping tabs on legislation that impacts their customer base, I don't know what they're doing. Certainly a disservice to their stock holders. So IMO, their "we didn't know" response seems far less than genuine. It does give the appearance they were trying to rent seek themselves a market advantage and got caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
New Springfield AR coming soon. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, My God, now that the Universal Authority of "ARFCOM" has spoken, let us all follow their lead. It's ARFCOM, man! Don't you understand?? ARFCOM!!!

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I find it surprising that so many people understand how the relationships between lobbyists and the businesses they represent work together. I would never know because I've never met a lobbyist or someone who employs one.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I once met a lobbyist.

It took three days to get that smell out of the room.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
I don't know what they're doing. Certainly a disservice to their stock holders.

I am not trying to be a smart ass but they are both privately held companies that are not traded on the NYSE. They can still have shareholders none the less, but putting a value on "stocks" would be very difficult. FYI.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I once met a lobbyist.

It took three days to get that smell out of the room.

Will the technique you used easily scale up to a building the size of the U.S. Capitol?

Nice is overrated

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Para, you don't understand. Goatboy has spoken.....the debate on this is over. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21111 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I find it surprising that so many people understand how the relationships between lobbyists and the businesses they represent work together. I would never know because I've never met a lobbyist or someone who employs one.
I work for a large, multinational corporation and I've met a couple of ours. Actually spent many hours one on one and in small meetings with one of ours for a construction permit for our project. He was a tax lobbyist so he had to get up to speed on what we were proposing so he could talk to local and state politicians about the tax revenue the project would generate for them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23264 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Lobbying" should be illegal. No political lobbyists should be allowed anywhere lawmakers at any level, not even their local city council.

Take every lobbyist in the world and put them on an island just big enough to hold all of them while standing up. Then, they can spend the rest of their lives lobbying each other for more space.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
New Springfield AR coming soon. Big Grin

Meh, it only means that MILITARY ARMS is selling another manufacturer at a better markup. That is how their "tests" roll. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
The anti's would love it if we boycott these 2 out of business.

Boycotting them out of business is not likely, but they need to do something for us the gun owners.

In my opinion they owe "gun owners" nothing. They owe the law-abiding people of Illinois a hell of a lot.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post