SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

YOU ! are going to a bowl game and YOU ! are going to a bowl game and YOU!
are going to a bowl game
and
YOU all! are going to bowl games !

and all of you over here are going to bowl games !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54642 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here’s hoping Northwestern has the game of their life and puts down Ohio state!

That would not mean that NW would deserve a seat in the final 4, they wouldn’t.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I think it's very possible that Northwestern might beat tOSU. And neither of them deserves a seat in the final 4.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Spartan, other than beating Michigan, there is nothing I enjoy more than Michigan being humiliated by OSU. What great game!

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bendable, that's funny as heck!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it's very possible that Northwestern might beat tOSU. And neither of them deserves a seat in the final 4.

I agree. I have respect for their team.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I understand that Jeff Brohm is both a Louisville bative and an alum of Louisville, but I think Purdue is the decidedly better job. I heard Brohm’s lukewarm commitment to Purdue and get the fact that Louisville will make a strong push, but Purdue was smart to extend Brohm’s contract this spring. Buyout will be very expensive for Louisville, or any other suitors.

I’m going to predict he stays. Wish I felt positive about it.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I understand that Jeff Brohm is both a Louisville bative and an alum of Louisville, but I think Purdue is the decidedly better job. I heard Brohm’s lukewarm commitment to Purdue and get the fact that Louisville will make a strong push, but Purdue was smart to extend Brohm’s contract this spring. Buyout will be very expensive for Louisville, or any other suitors.

I’m going to predict he stays. Wish I felt positive about it.
2 of his brothers are also working for Purdue so that significantly cuts into the family aspect of Louisville.

Additionally, Purdue made a $65ish million dollar upgrade to facilities to put their facilities on par with top-tier programs, and Louisville cannot say the same.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

quote:
‪The Big Ten, Big 12 and PAC 12 automatically give half their teams another loss with a 9th conference game. While they're busy playing an additional Power 5 opponent, the SEC is busy having their 2nd annual bye week, when they instead of playing a 9th conference game, play FCS teams at the end of the year.
- Adam Carriker, former Nebraska DE, St Louis Rams and Washington Redskins DE‬

I’ll add that it’s great to hear Jeff Brohm made the decision to stay at Purdue and continue to build that program. I understand that he has already recruited three 4-star players for the defense as early signing approaches.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Big Ten Championship is tomorrow so it’s time for the annual reminder what this thread is about. Every year at least one person "shows their ass" and starts trolling either during Big Ten Championship week or during bowl games. In the past, Para has had to intervene after numerous people clicking the "report this post" triangle and I would like this to be the first troll free year. From page 1:
quote:
Requests:
  • Keep this thread about the Big Ten teams & players, the weekend’s Big Ten match-ups and opponents, kudos for Big Ten players/coaches/administrators, and Big Ten conference champ predictions.
  • If you’re a fan of a team from another conference, join in for some good-natured ribbing when your team plays a Big Ten team. Otherwise, please start a thread for your favorite conference.
  • It’s just a game so let’s keep the ribbing good-natured.
  • Big Ten Championship:
    #21 Northwestern (NWU) vs #6 Ohio State (tOSU) at 7:00 Central Time on Fox. Prior to the season, nobody in this thread predicted NWU vs tOSU in the championship, but a few people did predict tOSU (I wasn't one of them). Heck, a month ago nobody predicted it would be these two teams. In other words, it's kind of nice having a match-up other than WI & tOSU, and a match-up determined last regular game of the season.

The Wildcats are generally a little dull on offense, but win with a tenacious defense (#29 in points allowed and #49 in yards per game). Good news for the Wildcats is several injured players (e.g. the DBs who were injured in ND game and ND pulled away after their injuries) are expected to play.

The Buckeyes have a high scoring offense, and Haskins has had a record breaking season (e.g. broke Purdue alumnus Drew Brees' single season TD passes record). I have no idea which tOSU defense will show up - the one who dominated UofM, the one Purdue picked apart passing, or the one MD picked apart rushing.

The teams haven't faced each other since 2016. The two most obvious common opponents are UofM and Purdue. tOSU whipped UofM and 2 months ago UofM squeaked by the Wildcats (is a September match-up meaningful?), and in August the Wildcats squeaked past Purdue and in October Purdue decimated tOSU.

As of right now, none of the 5 oddsmakers have a spread on the game. I'd love to see NWU win, but I'm going with the Buckeyes to win.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    If I were betting, I'd pick the Buckeyes, but I'll be rooting for the Wildcats. I'd love to see them pull a Purdue.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I’ll add that it’s great to hear Jeff Brohm made the decision to stay at Purdue and continue to build that program. I understand that he has already recruited three 4-star players for the defense as early signing approaches.
    Good article on Brohm's decision to stay

We gonna get some
    oojima in this house!
    Picture of smithnsig
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

[QUOTE]‪The Big Ten, Big 12 and PAC 12 automatically give half their teams another loss with a 9th conference game. While they're busy playing an additional Power 5 opponent, the SEC is busy having their 2nd annual bye week, when they instead of playing a 9th conference game, play FCS teams at the end of the year.
    - Adam Carriker, former Nebraska DE, St Louis Rams and Washington Redskins DE‬

It’s not the 9 game conference schedule, it’s that they stink it up head to head.
    Kanell is a wiener that thinks it raises his stock with the anti SEC sycophants.

Seriously, PAC 12? The 5th place SEC West team beat Washington which will probably be the P12 champ. Big 12 makes it in and gets beat. B1G gets in, and they get beat. That’s just a bunch of whining by people who play less than great football.
    ————————————————-

-----------------------------------------------------------
    TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Woke up today..
    Great day!
    posted Hide Post
    Think it will be a close game but go Buckeyes! Can't help it. My daughter graduated tOSU this past spring Smile Reality is Bucks need a blowout to get into the playoff IMO. Not sure that's happening.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by smithnsig:
    Seriously, PAC 12? The 5th place SEC West team beat Washington which will probably be the P12 champ. Big 12 makes it in and gets beat. B1G gets in, and they get beat. That’s just a bunch of whining by people who play less than great football.
    ————————————————-
    Yup.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    As of right now, none of the 5 oddsmakers have a spread on the game.
    ESPN still isn't showing any odds on the game, but:
  • Sportsline has tOSU as 16 point favorites.
  • 5 Dimes and Bovada both have tOSU as 16.5 point favorites.

Still going with the Buckeyes to win, but adding that they'll cover a 16.5 point spread.

•  
    posted Hide Post
    tOSU is gonna have to put on a Football Clinic to make the CFP, IMO.

posted Hide Post
    People actually watch halftime shows? Big Grin

Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    You gotta love the Northwestern band all giving the “incomplete, no catch” signal.

posted Hide Post
    Dang, Northwestern brought some fire out at halftime!