SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
No reason to believe my Buckeyes will be in this game at all based on their performance the last few weeks. However this rivalry is so intense you could have a 2-8 team playing an 8-2 team and it usually ends up being exciting. Go Bucks.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Virginia Tech beat Virginia last night, for the 15th straight time, in their 100th meeting. Cool

Rivals? Heck, yeah!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was a betting person, and considering how OSU has played the last few weeks, I would put money on Michigan. With that being said and being an OSU alumni I have to go with OSU.

I cannot believe it has been 18 years since Michigan has beaten OSU at the Horseshoe. Heck I was still living in Columbus, and I know I was at my parents house watching the game with my dad but I just don't remember it.

I wonder if they still do Kegs and Eggs up on campus starting at 0'dark thirty.

It is a rivalry game and a very heated one at that so anything is possible.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I hope Todd will forgive me posting this here, but there is a close connection to the entire Nebraska coaching staff, since they all came up from UCF.

QB, McKenzie Milton, has led the UCF Knights through TWO perfect football seasons. It is unknown, at this time, whether or not he can ccome back from this horrific injury.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Virginia Tech beat Virginia last night, for the 15th straight time, in their 100th meeting. Cool

Rivals? Heck, yeah!

That was a wild end of the 4th and OT. Very entertaining game overall.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sure were dicking around getting the UofM & tOSU game going. Purdue & IU had already run 5.5 minutes off the clock before tOSU kicked off.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
tOSU and Purdue draw first blood in the 2 early games.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Week 13 (Rivalry Weekend) - Friday Edition
One game on Friday and rest of games on Saturday so I'm going to do two separate posts (all times Central Time):
  • Nebraska @ Iowa at 11:00 on Fox - Depending on which odds service you believe the Hawkeyes are 8 to 9.5 point favorites (I'll use 8.5). BTN is promoting like crazy to turn this into a rivalry and I think in the future it could become one, but just not enough history yet to have all of the components of a rivalry. Both offenses are pretty well matched on passing yarding and ppg, but the Cornhuskers have the edge on rushing yardage. On defense, the Hawkeyes have a large edge (#2 in Big Ten) but NE's stats are skewed by the first 6 weeks of the season which is much different than the last 5 weeks where they're averaging giving up 22.8 ppg (overall season is 31.3). I'm going with the Hawkeyes winning but not covering.

• There is plenty of rivalry here where IA and NE meet. Not as hatred like OSU and MI or the Alabama and Auburn rivalry but, it does get heated. There is history between NU and Iowa but, after a long long hiatus it is slowly being rekindled.

Being an ISU guy and raised in Iowa a I will side with NU any day over the puke Squakeyes!!!

Posts: 4057 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    "Stuck on stupid" comes to mind describing Michigan's totally predictable, repetitious offense. Basically, give it to Higdon or Evans between the tackles. Wind up with 3rd and long, and pass when tOSU knows you will pass. Offense is feeble, and with 3 minutes left Harbaugh finally decides to let Patterson throw the ball on first down. Michigan scores a touchdown. Harbaugh is a dolt.

Let's see what he does second half. tOSU will start with the ball, and Michigan's defense has been unable to stop them.

When Michigan gets the ball, if they give it to Higdon you will know the game is over.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Gee maybe someone was over rated. Both Michigan and OSU.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

How so?

———————————————
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Purdue wins!!! The Old Oaken Bucket stays in West Lafayette where it belongs. The Old Oaken Bucket is a trophy that originated in 1925 and the bucket was old then. As far as rivalries, they first played in 1891 (Purdue was founded 1869) and the rivalry game has occurred annually every year in peacetime since then, except for 1903.
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    Sure were dicking around getting the UofM & tOSU game going. Purdue & IU had already run 5.5 minutes off the clock before tOSU kicked off.
    Fox continues screwing around with the tOSU & UofM game. Purdue's game ended with 13:55 left in the tOSU & UofM game.

posted Hide Post
    K. Ferants Big Grin

post game run in
    https://www.foxsports.com/coll.../video/1378821187856

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 357fuzz:
    There is plenty of rivalry here where IA and NE meet. Not as hatred like OSU and MI or the Alabama and Auburn rivalry but, it does get heated. There is history between NU and Iowa but, after a long long hiatus it is slowly being rekindled.

Being an ISU guy and raised in Iowa a I will side with NU any day over the puke Squakeyes!!!
    Like I said it has plent of potential to be a good rivalry game, but to elaborate:
  • As I wrote yesterday, Nebraska looks like it has a bright future. It's real likely the Big Ten West will come down to this game many times in the future.
  • The trophy has single digit games played for it, and as you wrote even games without trophies have decades long pauses in between games. Compare that to The Old Oaken Bucket originating in 1925, Paul Bunyan's Axe starting in 1948 (replaced the previously stolen trophy), etc.
  • I can see the border cities in the two states having a rivalry, but what really makes a rivalry game is when people in Sidney, NE, and Davenport, IA, are just as into the game.

•  
    Security Sage
    Picture of striker1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by PowerSurge:
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

How so?

I think he is trolling. Some people think every SEC team is better than all other teams.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    SIGforum Official
    Eye Doc
    Picture of bcereuss
    posted Hide Post
    O-H!

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    I think he is trolling. Some people think every SEC team is better than all other teams.

Nope. Both teams lack consistency. OSU nearly losing last week to Maryland for example. Clemson not an SEC team would beat both of these teams. Notice I did not mention Alabama.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    "I don't think either team scores a lot of points." Eek Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go ahead punk, make my day
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, I watched the first half real time and Michigan was in it, but coming back and catching up after lunch - Ohio is murdering them!

Both teams have been up and down, not sure if either would fare well in the playoffs. Don't think either will get to find out.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post