SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018-19 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowls on Pg 20 Login/Join 
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
For the Badgers to win, they need to run the ball 75-80% of the time and wear down the defense.

Posts: 2222 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
For the Badgers to win, they need to run the ball 75-80% of the time and wear down the defense.
On top of that, they need to run the play action pass and hit the TE or slot reciever.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’d be good if they could make a field goal too

Posts: 13261 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How many INTs can be thrown in these Bowl games?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
How ‘bout that oft-maligned B1G West Division?!?

Posts: 13261 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Miami alum here, a high school girl’s school could beat Miami easily at this point with Mark Richt. The only reason he hasn’t been fired is because of an asinine buyout when we extended his contract.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Miami alum here, a high school girl’s school could beat Miami easily at this point with Mark Richt. The only reason he hasn’t been fired is because of an asinine buyout when we extended his contract.

That’s harsh. He was ACC Coach of the Year in 2017 and you think a steep buyout keeps him from being fired because he went 7-5?

BTW, I was referring to wins by both Minnesota and Wisconsin

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Tmats,

Go back and look at that 2017 season again. It was fools gold, with incredible last second wins against FSU and GT, as well as one other that I can’t remember.

Our actual record most likely should have been 7-5, same as this year.

We have no offense whatsoever, as you could tell in this game, and Richt is too arrogant to implement any changes (different route trees, offensive concepts, perhaps not playing a quarterback that can’t throw the ball).

He will be fired at the end of the next season, and he should be fired Sunday. Think of it this way... Miami has the #1 defense in the country, and they went 7-6. Mark Richt is solely responsible for the offense, he does not touch the defense.

Edit: Miami is 1-7 in away games against P5 teams. That should tell you all you need to know Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reloader-1,

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Miami's defense looked pretty good!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

That’s harsh. He was ACC Coach of the Year in 2017 and you think a steep buyout keeps him from being fired because he went 7-5?

BTW, I was referring to wins by both Minnesota and Wisconsin

Yeah Baby. I was real close with the Wisconsin score but I overestimated Miami.

My next prediction is Purdue-34, Auburn-28.

Posts: 146 | Location: South Texas  | Registered: August 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Wrap-up Dec 27th - New Era Pinstripe Bowl:
Miami @ WI at 4:15 CT in New York, NY (Yankee Stadium) on ESPN. I didn't get to see the game, but based on the highlights I'm thrilled to have been very, very wrong on my predictions. Congrats to the Badgers for ending the season with a win.

Kudos:
  • Jonathan Taylor for 205 yards and 1 TD on 27 carries
  • The o-line for leading the way for 333 yards rushing and 4 different guys having rushing TDs
  • The Badger D for holding the Convicts to 48 yards passing, snagging 4 INTs, holding them to 121 yards rushing, forcing a fumble, and only giving up 3 points.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Tmats,

Go back and look at that 2017 season again. It was fools gold, with incredible last second wins against FSU and GT, as well as one other that I can’t remember.

Our actual record most likely should have been 7-5, same as this year.

We have no offense whatsoever, as you could tell in this game, and Richt is too arrogant to implement any changes (different route trees, offensive concepts, perhaps not playing a quarterback that can’t throw the ball).

He will be fired at the end of the next season, and he should be fired Sunday. Think of it this way... Miami has the #1 defense in the country, and they went 7-6. Mark Richt is solely responsible for the offense, he does not touch the defense.

Edit: Miami is 1-7 in away games against P5 teams. That should tell you all you need to know Smile

Everyone wants and expects to see the Miami of old. That ain’t gonna happen. As one who has watched Florida, FSU, Miami over 30 years, those old Miami days are long gone. The current team isn’t even close and the hype really should stop.
    The Hurricanes of the past would crush these guys, and make it look easy.
    They are now a mediocre ACC team, on par with Duke. I don’t see that changing in the immediate future.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Flying Sergeant
    posted Hide Post
    I didn’t get to see any of the Badger game, but I’d agree with tatortodd on his assessment. Also to add, it sure looks like the miss early on against BYU really messed with the kicker, which is too bad.
    It’s nice having the games starting up again! Thanks tutor!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    Happy that Wisconsin won, and will end the season on a positive, instead of adding to all the negatives they had throughout the season.

Their QB issues all year hurt. Outside of the 1st drive, Coan played like crap. He looked scared in the pocket.

But the one thing I found most aggravating in the game, was the missed field goals. Gaglionone missed far too many this year, capping off the year missing 2 in the game. Very disappointing.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    The Badgers owned the LOS, made their run game work great. Miami didn't seem like they cared to be in that bowl game.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    Just stopping in to say War Eagle!

Taking half-day off today so we don't miss the last game of season. Honestly, very concerned we come in flat and lay an egg as we did with UCF last year..... Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Dec 28th - Music City Bowl:
    Purdue @ Auburn at 12:30 CT in Nashville on ESPN. The Tigers are unanimously 3.5 point favorites. They have zero common opponents, but their records vs Top 25 teams are different with Purdue being 3-0 and Auburn being 2-2. Purdue has the better offense (even on rushing but light years ahead on passing), and Auburn statistically has the better defense. Purdue's defense stats are a little misleading as there were several bend but not break games.

I'm going with the Spoilermakers to show up and pull off the upset.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post

Purdue is playing like the Detroit Lions

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:

Purdue is playing like the Detroit Lions

I am having fun Smile

War Eagle!

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    I’m ok with the Tigers finding a classy way to let up.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post