SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Advice needed on high end car purchase please
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice needed on high end car purchase please Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Nah. Few women know the difference, and fewer care.

So true.

To most women, a Porsche Boxster is the same as a 911 Turbo, despite the $100k price difference.

Best bang for the buck if you just need a nameplate to get into a woman's panties? A Jaguar F-Type.

Most women consider "a Jag" an exotic nameplate. It's exotic alright--hardly anyone buys them: F-Type sales are half that of the 911, even though a bare-bones 911 costs $30k more. Basically, you can spend $60k on a base-model Jaguar F-Type, and most women will mentally put you into the same category as the guys where are driving Porsches, Astons, and Bentleys...you might even find someone ignorant enough to put you into the same category as an italian exotic.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i like the jag name, alot, but no service near me scares me and 60K is way outa my used car 30..maybe..40k car

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-T...lo=20000&_udhi=40000

i do like these @!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
...I am looking for a car that has name recognition, reliablility and is comfortable for long (6 hours or more) trips...

Recognition, reliability, AND comfortable? I don't think anything fits all three, no matter the budget. At best you can pick two, and if one of those two is recognition it blows up your budget!

If toyota is the only service near you, buy a Lexus, as you don't really have any options. But if a Lexus badge will do it for you, buy a Toyota and some Lexus badges on eBay, and you'll be good to go!

Posts: 3440 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
i like the jag name, alot, but no service near me scares me and 60K is way outa my used car 30..maybe..40k car

You could always just buy a 1 or 2 year old used Toyota Camry. It is the most "image neutral" car in existence. You could be a billionaire driving a Camry, and the world would just shrug it off as "practical."

Then buy a Ducati.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:

So true.

To most women, a Porsche Boxster is the same as a 911 Turbo, despite the $100k price difference.

Best bang for the buck if you just need a nameplate to get into a woman's panties? A Jaguar F-Type.

You may be right.

My wife drove a Jag for 10 years and AFAIK, was in panties every time.

Service wasn't THAT awful. There is an independent Jag shop along I-5 in Rose Canyon, San Diego, that was very good and quite fair.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It's just 2 bigger, right?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
You want comfort for a 6 hr drive?? How about 12 hrs??

Ford Flex, I kid you not. It will certainly fall into your budget for a low mileage used one.

You're joking. Right? The OP is single again. He wants to meet girls and date again.

Well, in that case, he needs a Mercedes 320SL.

Close. He needs the V8.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Holy resurrected thread.

Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Actually, it's nice to hear from JALLEN.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's true, I did smile a bit seeing his posts.