SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American reporters lie about EVERYTHING, including the weather
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American reporters lie about EVERYTHING, including the weather Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
[QUOTE]We have a granddaughter studying Meteorology at Norman OK., and they don't think much of the Weather Channel.

In college there are two majors, one is Broadcast Meteorology. It involves presenting the Weather, and knowing where to stand and point. In addtiion to schools like University of Oklahoma, the military trains meteorologists as their expertise is needed in logistics and planning. Lot of calculus and physics are involved.[/QUOT

Her field is in Tornados and how to give more advanced warnings.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Well, it just confirms that all reporters are full of hot air and just swaying in the breeze. Just saying.

It also could have been the reporter's audition tape to CNN.

Posts: 3939 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The sky is falling! Listen closely, THE. SKY. IS. FALLING. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!"

They do nothing but try to instill fear with their overblown bullshit. Damn near everything is way out of proportion.

Seems like every snowflake that hits the ground is the start of the blizzard of the century! Anything after the 4th raindrop and it's akin to "Noah couldn't survive this!"

Nothing but overblown bullshit...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
No shock, even CNN's Anderson Cooper adds another example of fake news.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Cameraman behind cooper should have said that gator behind you is the biggest damn one I have ever seen. Would have seen cooper flying out of the water.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Her field is in Tornados and how to give more advanced warnings.

Good to hear. Something worthwhile.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Cooper standing in a storm drain? WTF?

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:

On his knees. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38694 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

On his knees. Big Grin

I understand he spends a lot of time on his knees.......because he's prayerful.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This episode may finally answer my question. What does it take to get fired as a weatherman ?

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slippery grass, huh? How about the fact that people instinctively lean INTO high winds and plant their feet to stay upright... Not lean away from the wind and tapdance like a flipping idiot.

I would bet money that they brought those barricades and signs over and tipped them over for the dramatic effect as well.

Posts: 435 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 646 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's the stupidest television cliche in the world-- like the audience is gawking and drooling in front of their screens, and only when they see some doofus out in a slicker and boots being blown around and drenched do they get it: "Ooooh, hurricane! Hurricane! Oooooh."

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe the FAKE-weather reporter was Gush Kuntsman (yes, that's right - Kuntsman) trying out a new genre of FAKE-news reporting after his epic failure of "reporting" what it was like to shoot an AR-15 -

"It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon."

Posts: 3485 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Some of the parodies (can you parody a parody?) on Ewe Toob are hysterical!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15251 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
(can you parody a parody?)

No, but you can certainly parody a farce whether it's intentionally a farce or not.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There was a big ol' boat. It rained for forty days. Brian Williams was there!

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Carnival barkers, that's all they are.

Add them to the ash heap of snake oil salesmen, televangelists, and politicians and used car salesmen.

Just think of all the BS they ARENT caught doing

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:

On his knees. Big Grin

I think he's at home in that position.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more example of the death of "news."

Today its the 24/7 entertainment/propaganda medium that hides behind the First Amendment as "the press."

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post