SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Zelenskyy, the answer is no
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Zelenskyy, the answer is no Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is Biden that stupid... or is he trying to start WWIII?

Biden Says 'Working Out' Letting Ukraine Hit Russia With US Long-Range Missiles

President Joe Biden's latest words to reporters related to the Ukraine war strongly suggest the US could be close to greenlighting Ukraine's ability to use US-supplied long-range missiles to strike deep inside Russian territory.

The pattern of recent history is also that if Zelensky lobbies hard enough in western capitals, there's eventual capitulation, even should there be great risk of NATO escalation with Russia. This is how the F-16 program happened, and it was rushed through with negative results thus far.

Amid the latest pleas from Zelensky for the West to take off all restrictions on use of offensive weaponry, Biden when asked by reporters Tuesday if the US will allow Ukraine forces to use longer-range missiles to target sites inside Russia, said: "We’re working that out right now."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-long-range-missiles

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^YES, He IS that Stupid, as is most everyone around him! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
HOWEVER, a totalitarian lunatic with a burgeoning cult of personality is also seeking control of more of the world’s energy and food supply, adjacent to some very good, and very defiant allies, and has been making noise about taking over a strategically important nation, with a growing population, which we are trying to be friends with. (Kazakhstan)

The same thing was being said about Vietnam when I was a kid (We pulled out 2 years before I turned 18). The Domino Theory was prevalent and our main reason for being in Southeast Asia. At the time there were two countries in Southeast Asia that were communist, Laos and North Vietnam. After losing a ton of blood and treasure plus a humiliating withdrawal there are still only two communist countries in Southeast Asia, Laos and Vietnam. I lost friends and family in that conflict for no apparent reason.

Now we need to worry about more than the Red Menace taking over countries that have no strategic value to the US, there's the whole nuke thing going on. For those that pooh pooh the idea I would suggest taking a look at 1950's nuke test videos. Those were child's play compared to today’s weapons. Personally, I would let Ukraine fall before I risk my family, my friends, and myself to any threat of a nuclear exchange. Ukraine was corrupt, is corrupt, and will be corrupt with no fix in sight.

One other little worrisome note is that Ukraine is rapidly running out of military aged males to draft. They're now drafting males up to approximately 50 years old. When they run out of fighters are we ready to step in with US boots on the ground in active military combat operations? I'm not.

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they have always been drafting the older men. The current push is to lower the draft age to 18.
Nato is determined to have their war with Russia.

What the MSM is doing to Trump's image is what Nato is doing to their own image. Much of the world is not on our side and they are sick of us using the dollar to blackmail them.

But, there will be war

Posts: 1463 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No hype or drama, just a sobering analysis. Even President Trump said during the debate that this war needs to end now, and the current administration is leading us into World War III.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgCp6yzP7E

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe we will get lucky and he will just take out some satellites

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
SIG Line of WCB692

Quote:
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain

Ol' Mark didn't live long enough th have to see it but I think his wondering is right before a final answer.

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
All I can say I hope we don't greenlight the Ukrainians to use those goddamn missiles. I don't have words for how imbecilic I think it is that so many want to, and we're probably going to, but I really hope we don't.

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
All I can say I hope we don't greenlight the Ukrainians to use those goddamn missiles. I don't have words for how imbecilic I think it is that so many want to, and we're probably going to, but I really hope we don't.

"Imbecilic" falls a bit short of accurately describing the current administration. I believe letting Ukraine loose with long range weapons has been in the plan from the get go. If it wasn't in the plan why do they have them? Harris, Blinken, Austin, Kirby, Brown are among Biden's inner circle and they have nothing to lose, they are out in January. Researching these folks individually and collectively will not give anyone a warm fuzzy. Look at their track record in Afghanistan and in Africa. "They're wrong about everything except for Ukraine" is the thought pattern of many in the US and Europe.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Smudge's comment extends to those FAR beyond the imbeciles in the 'current administration' making the decisions. There are way too many across this country and the West et al, to include some posting in this very thread, that are unapologetic in their support for his war, and enthusiastically cheer leading for the opportunity where Russia finally gets what it deserves. Roll Eyes

Russia will flatten Kyiv or Kiev, call it whatever you like, but say goodbye to it! The next move(s), a.k.a. 'our response' will be critical, as it will determine whether major metropolitan cities in NATO countries become 'Smoking Holes in the Ground'. This is EXTREMELY Dangerous, EASILY Predictable, and many of us have been sounding the alarm for MORE THAN TWO YEARS re: the likelihood of exactly this level of escalation in this conflict.

Trump can't get here soon enough!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Smudge's comment extends to those FAR beyond the imbeciles in the 'current administration' making the decisions. \
Trump can't get here soon enough!

With that I agree nhracecraft. My previous post did not include every freaking neocon that wants us in a fight somewhere in the world. Russia, Russia, Russia. I tire of the risks we take for the "Domino Theory". Dropping this $$$Ukraine-WW III crisis and taking on our own border crisis the top of my priority list.

Agreed: Trump can't get here soon enough!

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
. Dropping this $$$Ukraine-WW III crisis and taking on our own border crisis the top of my priority list.

Agreed: Trump can't get here soon enough!

The 200 billion we’ve wasted in Ukraine could really secure our own border which would go a long way toward peace and prosperity for the citizens of this country.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half this country no longer believes in the concept of fairness. If Ukraine can hit Russia's rear areas, then Russia can hit Ukraine's. That would be fair.
Ukraine's rear areas are in Nato.

The people running this ploy have no interests in this country or it's people. This SMO is about money for the elite and always has been

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Ukraine can hit Russia's rear areas, then Russia can hit Ukraine's. That would be fair.

It is a perfectly legitimate military tactic/strategy. Just not with our stuff.

Although the then-Soviet Union provided planes and pilots/pilot training in Korea & Vietnam, that was two superpowers playing a chess game (with other people's lives), not two assholes fighting over the same piece of shit ground.

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ukrainian military lacks the capabilities to use Western long-range systems and requires intelligence for targeting from NATO satellites and Western military personnel to program and operate them the weapons.

This would make Western military personnel / NATO directly involved in the conflict.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjiSTWG27fM

The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
As a hypothetical:

When would y'all back war with Russia?

Posts: 5909 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a hypothetical:

For me, this kind of lays it bare: our current puppet war against them isn’t about Ukraine, it’s just a convenient excuse to kill Russians. That we have this need to look for an excuse or a reason for several generations and even into the 2020’s, and proponents of it asking under what terms those of us opposed would back a war with Russia tells me you guys fundamentally don’t get it.

I don’t want a war with Russia. When would y’all wanna stop trying to pick one with them?

Posts: 17622 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean get in a toe to toe fight with a nuclear armed superpower? A direct attack on US soil or military installation. When would you like to go toe to toe with a nuclear armed superpower?

posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7a1TDedx9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naQoCxG_UPM