SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Zelenskyy, the answer is no
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Zelenskyy, the answer is no Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They found a suicide note in his house. Yeah, that's a normal way to commit suicide, blowing up a city council meeting with grenades.

Would someone with direct experience speak to my impression that those were concussion, rather than frag grenades?

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Motive?

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Instead of sending cash , why not ramp up our military industries and provide weapons and logistics ? Seems like it would be a boost for our economy as well .Am I over simplifying things ?

I think you're missing the point of it all.
The goal is not to help Ukraine.
The goal is for politicians on both sides to be able to skim large sums of money into their own pockets at the expense of American taxpayers.
Doing so is MUCH easier when it's just cash moving around.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1565 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
Motive?

He apparently was sick of the corruption.

And yeah, if those were actual grenades in that small room, three of them, I'd think everyone would probably be dead. It looked like he was even holding the last one.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30881 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I wonder who paid for those grenades?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8665 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
That looks like three separate explosions, close together. From my long ago but not forgotten experience, they didn't look like fragmentation grenade explosions, not big enough, for one thing, and the casualty count for one frag would have likely been higher, for three, can't imagine.

Made in Iran, maybe? Concussion grenade? Home made?

Very lucky people in my estimation, but for one. God speed to that soul.

Posts: 6500 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think they were a flash bang or concussion type grenade because if they were three fragmentation grenades, that whole entire room would’ve been obliterated and everyone inside would’ve been shredded?

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not likely a frag grenade. The M67 grenade we use has a lethal radius of 5m and has quite the boom. I have thrown grenades and had them thrown at me, the boom is much bigger in real life than what you see on tv. In my case, if haji had enough arm to get his grenade over the wall, I would’ve likely been killed. I was standing in the little room they built to house shit (fertilizer) in the corner of the complex. We had our radio antenna on the roof and I was on the radio with battalion. It was probably 110° that day and I figured since I was in a covered structure with walls, I had my helmet off. Grenades blast upwards in a V pattern. That’s why we are trained if a grenade lands near us, get on the ground. We would suffer the blast but likely avoid the fragmentation.

Posts: 13289 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
Instead of sending cash , why not ramp up our military industries and provide weapons and logistics ? Seems like it would be a boost for our economy as well .Am I over simplifying things ?

That is what France stated they would do, zero cash. I think we should do that, but the DEMS must be getting plenty of kickback. What about the huge yacht two of Zelenski's buddies bought? 70M from what I remember, and probably 99% paid with swindled money. My Ukraine friends have explained to me how corrupt the .gov is there, way beyond what one would imagine.

-c1steve

Posts: 4118 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Supposedly it was a budget meeting, and the grenade tosser was trying to get water to his town or development. The council approved a large pay increase for themselves, and ignored him.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too doubted the grenades were Frags. I have some experience with hand thrown and 40mm and both were bigger pops.
40mm story:
Two idiot teenagers (who got the grenade from an older idiot brother who was National Guard) were dropping a fired "dud" 40mm frag off an 8 foot folding ladder onto a concrete garage floor. Second drop did the trick.
Idiot on the ladder was perforated from ankle to groin and the fall off the ladder broke his arm. Idiot standing near the ladder was punctured frontally from ankle to upper chest.
Both survived, amazingly. The pop didnt do the drywall any good either.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16375 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think they were a flash bang or concussion type grenade...

Well, I knew a guy who said one of the pranks that used to get played in Iraq was to toss a flashbang into a porta potty when a guy was in there mid-pinch. Would ring your bell pretty good, but you'd be otherwise unharmed. The big pools of blood all over the floor in the second video would speak to those not being flashbangs.

Concussion grenades don't kill with fragmentation, although you can catch frag off them. It's just an explosive charge. The massive concussion does horrible things to internal organs, and if I remember right, you're at least combat ineffective and can die up to a few days later. I think that's what was used in the video, and we'll probably hear that more people died of internal bleeding over the next few days.

Posts: 17614 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
For all we know, they may have been some sort of homemade device maybe halfway between a flash bang, and a fragmentation grenade. Who the hell knows with these people

Posts: 34517 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! Are there even going to be any Ukrainians left in the future if this guy keeps feeding all his young people into that meat grinder? Eek

You kill off your young generation and all the older generation dies out, then what?

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Tuesday that Ukrainian military leadership proposed mobilizing 450,000-500,000 new conscripts to fight Russia as Kyiv is dealing with a manpower shortage.

https://x.com/BZKanging/status...177817392459997?s=20

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Meanwhile the propaganda goes on:

Zelensky 'Could Mobilize 500,000 New Soldiers'

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...-500000-new-soldiers

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Tuesday that Ukrainian military leadership proposed mobilizing 450,000-500,000 new conscripts to fight Russia as Kyiv is dealing with a manpower shortage.

The Ukrainian leader said he needed to hear more about the plan before ordering the mobilization. "This is a serious number. I said I need more arguments to support this direction," he said, according to The Kyiv Independent. "I need concrete information on what will (then) happen with the one-million military of Ukraine."

Zelensky’s government has already been taking desperate measures and abusing its power under martial law to fill its ranks. The New York Times reported on December 15 that Ukrainian army recruiters have become "increasingly aggressive in their efforts to replenish the ranks, in some cases pulling men off the streets and whisking them to recruiting centers using intimidation and even physical force."

The aggressive tactics have been used against men who ordinarily would have been exempted from the draft. In at least one case, one man diagnosed with a "mental disability" as a child was summoned by recruiters, but his conscription was prevented by a lawyer.

Under martial law, men ages 18-60 are barred from leaving the country, but anyone under the age of 27 without prior military service is exempt from the draft. Ukraine’s parliament passed a bill lowering the age to 25 that Zelensky has yet to sign, but he signaled on Tuesday that he will.

When asked if he would approve the mobilization of women and men under 25, Zelensky said, "Women – no, I will not sign it… As for 25-year-old men, (yes) if all the arguments are presented. As of today, I see that it is necessary, so I agree with it."

Ukraine’s efforts to fill its ranks come as it’s become clear that Ukrainian forces can not beat the Russians on the battlefield, and Ukrainian Marines have said they’re being sent on "suicide" missions across the Dnieper River. Despite the reality on the ground, President Biden is seeking over $60 billion to fund the war for another year, which has yet to be approved due to a partisan dispute on border policies.

Zelensky said he’s confident that the US will continue funding the war and his government. "We are working very hard on this, and I am certain the United States of America will not betray us, and that on which we agreed in the United States will be fulfilled completely," he said.

Posts: 13059 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ukraine’s efforts to fill its ranks come as it’s become clear that Ukrainian forces can not beat the Russians on the battlefield, and Ukrainian Marines have said they’re being sent on "suicide" missions across the Dnieper River. Despite the reality on the ground, President Biden is seeking over $60 billion to fund the war for another year, which has yet to be approved due to a partisan dispute on border policies.

Zelensky said he’s confident that the US will continue funding the war and his government. "We are working very hard on this, and I am certain the United States of America will not betray us, and that on which we agreed in the United States will be fulfilled completely," he said.

Sooo....
1. it’s become clear that Ukrainian forces can not beat the Russians on the battlefield
2. but more Ukrainians must die,
3. to keep the grift going.

Biden is seeking over $60 billion to fund the war for another year, which I have no doubt Congress will 'give' him, with a few border concessions for show.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24572 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not going to be many Ukrainian men left to father children. Russia is never going to run out of men and materiel to throw at this.

Last year, everyone was talking about tanks that couldn't make it across the border without breaking down, issuing tampons for gunshot wounds, and pulling mothballed tanks out of museums like they were indicative of Russia not being able to pull it off. Again and again, I pointed out that historically, Russia starts off ground wars looking like total clowns and over a year or two, getting their act together and winning by simply outproducing and outlasting. They're going to do it again.

"But Afghanistan!" Nobody but Alexander The Great invades Afghanistan and wins, we proved the rule, not the exception. You can look at history and make some informed conclusions. "But we owe it to Democracy! What if France hadn't supported us in the Revolutionary War?" Yep, they fought a puppet war against their biggest rival, and they were already deeply in debt. The fallout from that led to the French people starving for a number of years before saying "enough" and publicly beheading their political and social elites. Worked out great for the Frenchmen who wanted to play fuckfuck games with England, their heads got dropped in baskets for it.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
When you've lost the WaPo "Democracy Dies In Darkness" drones...you've lost this war

And It's Gone: "War In Ukraine" Quietly Scrubbed From WaPo Masthead

posted Hide Post
So much for the whole idea of a weakened Russian military.

https://tass.com/defense/1723781

"The Russian armed forces can adequately and timely react to the actions of any modern adversary. Over 650,000 servicemen acquired combat experience. As for today, the Russian army is the most trained and combat capable in the world with advanced armaments that were tested in combat conditions."

"Modern Russian hardware was rigidly tested in conditions of the special operation and displayed supremacy over similar weapons of NATO countries."

"Despite sanctions, we produce more high-tech arms than NATO countries," Shoigu said.

Posts: 641 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the source link but read one on my phone about the Russian military about to increase their fodder forces to 1.5 million.

That's all it takes, waves and waves of soldiers to eventually overwhelm the Ukranian resources. Definetly a lost cause - stop spending our tax money & resources. But like others have said we need to line the pockets of politicians and defense industry sales.

Posts: 1771 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post