SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Zelenskyy, the answer is no
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Zelenskyy, the answer is no Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ukraine's Zelenskyy Vows to Wreak 'Wrath' Against Russia in 2024

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's something for those of you who feel so passionately that the United States should be involved in this Eastern European border conflict.

What we got (which is nothing) versus what we could have gotten for the same money.

https://twitter.com/WallStreet.../1743418514717696402

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What we got (which is nothing) versus what we could have gotten for the same money.

Well Para, to be fair, we could have bought a bunch of really good stuff with that money but you can't put a price tag on saving a fledgling dictatorship democracy. This is especially inspirational knowing the one and only Joe Biden is directing our efforts.

Sarcasm over... I have seen estimates that we are at $190 billion wasted. How in the hell can we not know exactly how much money and material we have given that black hole? I know the aid is not audited (inexcusable) once given but nobody knows how the fuck much money we have spent Mad

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Where's the "best money we've ever spent" brigade? Razz

Posts: 17621 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NATO’s war problem: weak armor

Conventional ground warfare dead end is compounded by limited numbers of tanks as well as spare parts issues

https://asiatimes.com/2024/01/...-problem-weak-armor/

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long article: No paywall

Ukraine’s War Effort Is Stuck. This Heroic Battlefield Failure Shows Why. Wall Street Journal.

The deadly rout of elite Ukraine forces in last year’s counteroffensive against Russian invaders is a lesson in why the country’s war effort is stalled after nearly two years.

https://archive.is/F67k9

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Get ready, ladies! It’s time to hit the shooting range.

The Hindustan Times ran a story yesterday headlined, “Ukraine Army Orders 50,000 Women Uniforms Amid Anti-Mobilisation Sentiment | Russia's War.”
https://www.hindustantimes.com...101704816430352.html

Do not worry, girls; the order specified that the uniforms’ design be flattering.

Ukraine has made no formal announcement of conscripting women for combat. But uniforms aren’t needed for non-combatants. And it’s the next logical step. This is what happens when you run out of men. But I was still a little surprised; when they said, “to the last Ukrainian,” I sort of thought they just meant military-age males.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So they've killed off a large chunk of Ukraine's young men and now they'll do the same for the young women? It's almost like they are trying on purpose to erase the future of this country and its people. It will end up getting divided up among its neighbors and cease to exists some day.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So they've killed off a large chunk of Ukraine's young men and now they'll do the same for the young women? It's almost like they are trying on purpose to erase the future of this country and its people. It will end up getting divided up among its neighbors and cease to exists some day.

Perhaps that was Putin’s plan all along?

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5616 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Next month, this thread will be a year old. I don't see anyone calling this fucking grifter the "modern-day Winston Churchill" anymore. Roll Eyes

He's well on the way to wiping out an entire generation of his countrymen.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats reject Johnson’s border demands as part of Ukraine aid package

https://www.newsnationnow.com/...ukraine-aid-package/

House Democrats wasted no time this week rejecting Speaker Mike Johnson’s (R-La.) demands for strict new border security measures in return for Ukraine aid, posing the latest obstacle in Congress’s efforts to move another round of military assistance for the embattled U.S. ally.

Johnson said Wednesday House Republicans would oppose any new aid for Kyiv unless it was accompanied by major provisions of the GOP’s previously passed border bill, including the reinstallation of the “remain in Mexico” policy, begun under former President Trump, and hundreds of miles of new wall construction on the U.S.-Mexico border.

“That border fight is coming, and we’re going to die on that hill,” he told the conservative radio pundit Hugh Hewitt.

The remarks sparked an immediate backlash from House Democrats, who are supportive of new border security funding, but not the tough immigration restrictions favored by Republicans. They’re vowing to sink any Ukraine package that includes those provisions if Johnson brings it to the floor — a notable threat since Democratic votes would be needed to move the bill.

“That would be ridiculous. Unfortunately it would be to the detriment of Ukraine if they did that,” Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) said.

The border wall, in particular, has been a topic of fierce debate between the parties in recent years, and Johnson’s proposal was quickly panned by Democrats, who warned that they’ll never back a Ukraine package that included anything close to the 900 miles of new construction featured in the Republicans border bill.

“That’s a non-starter for me, and I think for most of us,” Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.) said.

“I don’t think it’s realistic,” echoed Rep. Bennie Thompson (Miss.), the senior Democrat on the Homeland Security Committee.

Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) went a step further, accusing Republicans of offering pseudo-solutions to highly complex problems for the sole purpose of stirring up nativist voters.

“That wall’s always been about political symbolism for Republicans, and it continues to be that,” Grijalva said. “The fact that it has failed, the fact that it costs money — wastes money — seems to be irrelevant.

“I think it’s just the same rhetoric from the last 10 years.”

posted Hide Post
Next up - Poland joins the fray

Posts: 1463 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This has been a predictable situation since day one. The scholars in charge have spent billions and actually made the situation much worse. It was always a conflict that would get resolved at the negotiating table...now we have billions of dollars and thousands of lost lives to factor into the equation. The US surely enabled the bloodshed, but has this nation really done anything to help curtail the hostilities. We seem to be of the opinion that the Ukrainians should fight like hell for as long as it takes, and battlefield math be damned.

Posts: 2037 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^TRUTH!

This could have been settled in April 2022, and again in June 2022, but those peace deal negotiations were scuttled by the west/NATO. Those making the decisions don't want peace, they want to prolong the war, right up to the last Ukrainian even! And while the unprecedented scale of the grift that is the Ukraine War continues, the losers here are the Ukrainian people and the American Taxpayer! It's curious that at this point, nearly two years later, NOBODY is ever 'really' talking about peace, and nearly EVERYONE is 'still' talking about prolonging the war. Everytime anyone talks about peace they are undermined or discredited, possible peace talks are scuttled, etc...And so, all the killing and unnecessary death(s) must continue! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9435 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
And while the unprecedented scale of the grift that is the Ukraine War continues, the losers here are the Ukrainian people and the American Taxpayer! It's curious that at this point, nearly two years later, NOBODY is ever 'really' talking about peace, and nearly EVERYONE is 'still' talking about prolonging the war.

^^^ Yes. Many of us here were saying exactly that from the beginning.

This thread was started on February 10, 2023, but the other Ukraine War thread goes back farther.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...5/m/3270077884/p/112

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30896 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
No real mystery as to why Robert L. Peters a.k.a Pedo Joe let an American citizen, Gonzalo Lira die in a Ukrainian prison.

“The U.S. State Department reportedly confirmed the death of Chilean-American blogger Gonzalo Lira, who had been imprisoned in Ukraine for criticizing the country's government.”
Link

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGEjKkOSnZY