SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UFO nutballs threaten to storm Area 51 to see the aliens
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UFO nutballs threaten to storm Area 51 to see the aliens Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The use of firearms to stop the storming crowd of nut jobs would generate too much negative publicity. The use of gas might be a logical alternative.

Teargas would work. I suspect many of the nutjobs might have anticipated this and have procured masks.

I seem to remember reading years ago that gases have been developed that absorb through the skin. One of these gases produces immediate uncontrolled bowel evacuation.

The rumour that this might be used ought to discourage most individuals from storming the base.

Can you imagine the headlines?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The use of deadly force policy was recited, out loud, at each and every Guardmount every duty shift:
Protect yourself and the lives of others.
Priority A, B, and C resources.
Protect top secret material.
Prevent the escape of a known dangerous criminal.
I guarded nuke loaded B-52s. But Area 51 would have a similar high security status.
It has probably changed since I left the USAF, but should this actually happen, some folks could get shot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is a very remote facility, not at all like the typical AFB ten miles outside of town. As others have noted, I think there's one two-lane road to the site, seems fairly simple to block that. Q. Are these people stupid enough to walk thru the desert in July?

A. Yes, some of them are probably that stupid.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSNLqx6O6c

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
PA that picture is literally on page 1.

Headline skimmer! Big Grin

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
If there little green bodies here living, in stasis or in formaldehyde, what possible reason is there to keep it a secret from the population in the first place?

[KVoice]Because a "person" is smart. "People" are dumb, panicky animals, and you know it.[/KVoice]

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12779 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I seem to remember reading years ago that gases have been developed that absorb through the skin. One of these gases produces immediate uncontrolled bowel evacuation.

Play the brown note......

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The road in to one of the access gates is Rt 375. The turn to hit the north gate is just short of the little town of Rachel. You turn at an unmarked dirt road, the only ID is is a mailbox there. You continue down a narrow dirt road, that over a rise, turns into a WIDE, maintained gravel road. I forget how far, maybe a few miles You come to the gate.

There is a wide spot there for one to turn around and leave the area. Which You will most likely do after reading the signs there threatening you with "Use of deadly force Authorized". Another sign regarding "NO Photos", etc.

I was there on my BMW GS1200 20 years ago. It IS the middle of nowhere.

Going to be interesting should anyone show up! LOL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I will point out that on several ocassions, protesters got onto nuclear alert bases and vandalized stuff (including B-52s on alert.) They were duly arrested, but no one was shot.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The use of deadly force policy was recited, out loud, at each and every Guardmount every duty shift:
Protect yourself and the lives of others.
Priority A, B, and C resources.
Protect top secret material.
Prevent the escape of a known dangerous criminal.
I guarded nuke loaded B-52s. But Area 51 would have a similar high security status.
It has probably changed since I left the USAF, but should this actually happen, some folks could get shot.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I think this is a very remote facility, not at all like the typical AFB ten miles outside of town. As others have noted, I think there's one two-lane road to the site, seems fairly simple to block that. Q. Are these people stupid enough to walk thru the desert in July?

A. Yes, some of them are probably that stupid.

It is almost a 2 hour drive from Las Vegas. (nearest town of any size) Far enough that they fly workers in from McCarran daily. I'm almost hoping the dumbasses try to "swarm" it.
Unless you have driven from Vegas to say Reno its hard to even envision just how freaking desolate that area is.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Well played

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
NSFW https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdSKPqXqdc

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
But they're there. Their images were shown in a movie. Several times.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be fun to see them try. I supplied to the DOE some tasty little nuggets of alien technology.

As one might expect - I've been harassed for years. ...In fact they were just here today. But I escaped them through a secret passageway. Once I lived there for a thousand days.

Bob Lazar's coming over for sure.

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Bendable will just leave the door to Area 51 open so we can see them aliens!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looks like PSA is getting in on the fun Big Grin

nearest chevron station

https://palmettostatearmory.co...-lower-receiver.html

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post