SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UFO nutballs threaten to storm Area 51 to see the aliens
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UFO nutballs threaten to storm Area 51 to see the aliens Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted
I was sure that when I heard about this, it had to be linked to the Onion, or April had come early.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog...-about-storming-area

Evidently, Facebook has it pegged at almost 1 million people interested in attending the “storming”. But will they actually force their way onto the base, or merely show up and have an alien themed Burning Man party?

Beyond the obvious lunacy of UFO enthusiasts, there is an obvious danger of monkey wrenchers doing serious mischief. What will the response be by the military if it really happens?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an open mind on the subject of UFOs, but this is a really bad idea by these nut jobs. I have seen pictures of the sign that says "use of lethal force authorized" around the perimeter of the site. I doubt it will come to that if they go through with this dumb plan. But I am sure they'll be ready with tear gas and rubber bullets.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The internet is to loons, as a bright light to insects. It draws them all, invariably. Big Grin

Just add Area 51 & a bunch of exposure, voila! (The folks committed to showing up)

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Give it a try. Tell security there you are a “sovereign” citizen and see what happens!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“...Let’s see them aliens.”
Sounds like something you’d hear at a strip club.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Give it a try. Tell security there you are a “sovereign” citizen and see what happens!
But you’d risk creating joinder... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I'm considering going long on water cannon futures.

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I support it, but I also find myself wanting for entertainment.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
Untitled by John Lutz, on Flickr

Posts: 1634 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope these fools actually try it. And I hope there are plenty of them live streaming the epic smack down that comes from Uncle Sam

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
“...Let’s see them aliens.”
Sounds like something you’d hear at a strip club.
I'm into green chicks, man.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many agents of foreign governments are there in the hopes of getting a look at the secret projects being developed.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen even one mention in the various media puffery on this story, about just how there's gonna be any kind of personal comfort/transportation/water/potties/etc that would make such possible.

That remote high desert area is hazardous enough just trying to drive thru without having all your BFFs expecting the lunch trucks to cater.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Anybody who thinks there's anything like that at Area 51 is a dink. Obviously there's gonna be some real neat shit there, like at any base, but I'm willing to bet a shiny Connecticut quarter that any alien shit has been moved elsewhere a looooong time ago.

The memes though, ung, choice. We are living in golden times, borthers.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I'm considering going long on water cannon futures.

I’m hoping the base uses something belt fed but a couple of buckshot blasts is probably all it would take. It’s all fun and games until lead starts to fly.
Water in NV is too precious of a commodity to waste on hooligans.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
we can move faster than their bullets

Let me know how that works out for you. Good luck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m a member of this awesome Facebook group. The whole thing is a hilarious joke btw. It’s probably the funniest stuff I’ve ever read, the posts are awesome.

There’s a 300 comment thread on if we should wear leather storming thongs when we “attack”.

It’s all for fun.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
The whole thing is a hilarious joke btw.

It’s all for fun.

Exactly. It's basically just some folks on the internet blowing off steam and making funny images. It started on one of the oddball internet humor/trolling/shitposting sites, like 4chan or 9gag, and gained steam from there.

These are the same people who get together and flood internet polls to result in vessels being named "Boaty McBoatFace" and guns being named "Yeet Cannon". It's all for the ridiculous laughs.

There's no actual plan to break into Area 51. And they're not "UFO Nutballs" who really think they're going to storm a military base to find aliens. Just bored interweb denizens making up an excuse to be absurd.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If there are 1,000,000 people in the group, 950,000 will get the joke. 50,000 will show up.

quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I’m a member of this awesome Facebook group. The whole thing is a hilarious joke btw. It’s probably the funniest stuff I’ve ever read, the posts are awesome.

There’s a 300 comment thread on if we should wear leather storming thongs when we “attack”.

It’s all for fun.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post