SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Report This Post
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Report This Post Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
At least one person, has been using this feature way too much.

I wager you know who you are. Knock it off.

You've managed to clutter the reporting, which is a feat in itself. Please refrain from reporting posts that are not egregious, offensive, or outright rule breaking.

The "Report This Post" feature, is not meant to let the staff know when something mildly annoys you.

If you have reported a lot of posts lately, this is for you.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
consider it reported

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54685 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Must. Resist. Temptation. Razz

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And for the reading impaired...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43916 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Must. Resist. Temptation. Razz

Yes, this crossed my mind. Really, the Moderation Queue isn't a good place for shenanigans, so I recommend resisting said temptation.

Arc.

Posts: 27018 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey Farve, what's that restaurant you like with all the shit on the walls?

Arc.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31472 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
What the hell?

You all know you're supposed to have a cover sheet for that tps report. This ain't new folks.

Look at it this way....if you don't have the official Sigforum authorized cover sheet as mentioned in the waiver in your report, think twice about sending it in. Info in said report should be important enough for management to overlook lack of cover sheet.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sig2340--"Freedom of Speech" by Norman Rockwell? Really? (I wouldn't poke the Mod.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I guess the email-directly-to-the-offender button was broken? Frown

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Is this the one in the lower right about “press to sob over micro-aggressions?”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Narc.

Posts: 20125 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I guess the email-directly-to-the-offender button was broken? Frown

Sometimes talking to the whole class is more effective than focusing on one pupil.

Arc.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess the email-directly-to-the-offender button was broken?

I wish I could say I am surprised at the number of "manly men" that have such thin skin and get butt hurt so easily. Most of the members here poke fun at snowflakes, and at the same time we have some among us.

I've been here since 2003. 15 years. I have never reported a post. Never used the ignore function. I'm a big boy and can read words without getting too bothered. Seems that some people start out running to tell mommy on everybody, and then grow up to be post reporters. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It should be renamed the "Triggered" Button.

Or the Snowflake button?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Whaaaaaaaaaa?

We need a new subforum "Safe Space" for the easily distressed and offended.

OMG this is NUTZ! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16252 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
The class seems to be a bit unruly.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Arc, kinda in line with those of us who have security clearances (Clarence), this sounds like a self reporting incident. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I wish I could say I am surprised at the number of "manly men" that have such thin skin and get butt hurt so easily. Most of the members here poke fun at snowflakes, and at the same time we have some among us.

Yup.

I've pointed it out, from time-to-time, too. Then the offended get re-offended by my having pointed out they were behaving like the perpetually offended crowd--usually with some form of "But this is different because..."

It's at that point I just turn and walk away, them having proven my point for me Smile

I will say the "report post" thing came as something of a surprise, though I suppose it should not have.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
What about his first amendment rights? Big Grin

Posts: 12935 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post