SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Report This Post
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Report This Post Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
Did you not read what Para posted?
I feel I'm trying to reason w/ a 3rd grader who has no grasp of reality. Jesus Christ man!
I give up.

Sure as hell did. I respect the fact that Arc is a mod here, but that needn’t stop me from saying that I think he was out of line here. Whatever the staff chooses to do about it is up to them, which was the whole point of this thread, I guess.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
I feel I'm trying to reason w/ a 3rd grader who has no grasp of reality. Jesus Christ man!
I give up.

Sure as hell did. I respect the fact that Arc is a mod here, but that needn’t stop me from saying that I think he was out of line here. Whatever the staff chooses to do about it is up to them, which was the whole point of this thread, I guess.

So you're reporting Arc?

Posts: 7374 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Guys.. C'mon now. Expressing yourself and getting up in someone's business are not the same, and doing one doesn't mean a pass to do the other.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32553 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Guys.. C'mon now. Expressing yourself and getting up in someone's business are not the same, and doing one doesn't mean a pass to do the other.

Aye Captain. Smile
I could do more better than a smiley but the monkey stole all my fancy emojies

Posts: 7374 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm reporting all of youz bitches.

Your reported.

Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.

Especially you, your reported.

Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.

Don't think I didn't see your ass in the back. Your reported.

You with the brown hair, your reported.

Chick in the green shirt, your reported.

All of you have been reported.

The Red Shirts are self reporting.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43920 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I give up.

So you're reporting Arc?

Not needed, Para has already replied to this thread and is watching, sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. This won’t garner me any friends and I guess I’m used to that. As it is, I think this is poor moderating, and I won’t be the first person to try to make an issue out of it the last few days.

I like you, Arc. Don’t take this wrong, but you could stand to change a bit of your methods, man.

Posts: 17215 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm reporting all of youz bitches.

Your reported.

Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.

Especially you, your reported.

Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.
Your reported.

Don't think I didn't see your ass in the back. Your reported.

You with the brown hair, your reported.

Chick in the green shirt, your reported.

All of you have been reported.

Grammar nazi be like:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
My point was that "mashing" this button, or overreporting, can wash out threads that actually need attention.

What level of saturation or inundation are we talking here that requires actually addressing the forum in this way? Can we perhaps see a screenshot with the offender's name blurred out so that the membership here can see what actually ranks as an egregious offense? That's the problem here, if you're going to address it anonymously, you need to at least provide parameters for what constitutes an offense to you, sir. For the benefit of the whole membership here, can we define "mashing" of the report post button?

I would think it's obvious.

It's glaringly obvious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I give up.

So you're reporting Arc?

Not needed, Para has already replied to this thread and is watching, sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. This won’t garner me any friends and I guess I’m used to that. As it is, I think this is poor moderating, and I won’t be the first person to try to make an issue out of it the last few days.

I like you, Arc. Don’t take this wrong, but you could stand to change a bit of your methods, man.

Dude? Frown Have another beer, it will make you even wiser.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I feel like I need to reply to this thread because otherwise I'd feel left out since most of the rest of the board is here and this thread may eventually die, leaving me looking askance, postmortem, if I don't contribute; my thoughts permanently lost post hoc.

I have never reported a post, so I guess I should report this post, or maybe just report that I enjoy being here and, to date, have chosen ignore the posts I find objectionable, but I will follow para's advice and report any post that seems to violate the general decorum here in the future, posthaste.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grammar nazi be like

Not one of my best days, way too late to edit...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20840 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
I respect the fact that Arc is a mod here, but that needn’t stop me from saying that I think he was out of line here. Whatever the staff chooses to do about it is up to them, which was the whole point of this thread, I guess.

Between this thread and the other one, what have the past few days been, give Arc a hard time week? Everyone needs to remember the mods do not need to spend their personal time helping us here. How about everyone give the guy a break?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Arc is a grown man and a Para has his back. No white knights needed here. I’m not personally attacking him, I’m voicing an objection to his behavior as a moderator that seems to end with him repeatedly, publicly alpologizing to Para on this forum for getting a bit aggressive and heavy-handed with members. If you haven’t seen it happen a half dozen times already, well, I guess you had to be there.

What did this thread achieve that an email to that member wouldn’t have? I guess sometimes when you speak to the entire class instead of just pulling Little Johnny aside, things may not go according to plan and someone may speak up from the back row.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smudge -

Are you really doing this? Show some respect to the staff and let go of a challenge you never should have posted anyway. They don’t owe any of us an explaination for anything, much less a friendly (very friendly) reminder as to the purpose of the “report function” of the board.

Ridiculous.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12349 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Smudge -

Are you really doing this? Show some respect to the staff and let go of a challenge you never should have posted anyway. They don’t owe any of us an explaination for anything, much less a friendly (very friendly) reminder as to the purpose of the “report function” of the board.

Ridiculous.

Seriously dude, WTF?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20840 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I'm no white knight. Neither Para nor Arc need my support, but I have every right to express my opinion.

I will not forget the times Arc has helped me in the years since I joined this forum. In life, for me, kindness and loyalty are very important. To me this is an expression of my gratitude for being a member here. If this offends anyone, that is their problem. I make no apologies for being myself and doing what I think is right.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Strenuous objection duly noted.

How long have I been a moderator?

What's my batting average for bad calls over how many years?

Given enough time, everyone is a villain. Nobody bats 100. If I'm to be over a barrel on this one, so be it. Take it out of my pay.

I own every shred of text I've ever typed into this window.

Over time, I've learned a lot. Experience is growing from mistakes, not making 0 mistakes.

Is my posting this thread a mistake? No, no it's not. Could I have done it better? Perhaps.

Do people know what the "Report This Post" button is, and how to use it?

OK then.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The concept of this thread is puzzling to me.

It's difficult enough to manage relationships with the ones we see every day - our family, friends, kids, teachers, co-workers, bosses, etc.

Why make a fuss among strangers? That is the great thing about an online forum. You can come and go as you please without any recourse. There is no expectation of anything, except respect and decorum. Really how hard is that?

my two cents. I know it's not needed, and nobody cares. .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post