SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These globalist, climate change hacks...I tell you what Roll Eyes

France 'corrects' White House video on climate pact facts

Credit: French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs on Twitter, @francediplo_EN

3 June 2017 10:06 CEST+02:00
In an unusual move, France's foreign ministry on Friday issued a pointed fact-check of Donald Trump's claims about the UN's Paris climate agreement.
The ministry issued a tweet with an embedded link to a video that amounted to a wry but very public rebuttal of Trump's assertions.

On Thursday, the White House had tweeted, "The Paris Accord is a bad deal for Americans," and linked to a video which said the agreement "undermines" US competitiveness and jobs, was "badly negotiated" by former president Barack Obama and "accomplishes little."

In its response, the foreign ministry tweeted, "We've seen the @WhiteHouse video about the #ParisAccord. We disagree -- so we've changed it."

Its own video uses the same format -- background, font, images and music -- as the White House version but adds facts to debunk the White House claims.

It refers, for example, to major companies such as Exxonmobil and Microsoft which "disagree" that the accord will "undermine" US jobs, and quotes the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on the urgent need to fight carbon emissions.

The tweet includes a now-popular hashtag "make our planet great again" -- a cheeky adaptation of the nationalist slogan used by Trump on his election campaign trail.

The video is also notable for being in English. France is famous for championing the use of the French language, and its leaders are always under pressure to speak only in French, even if they are fluent in English, when they are in the public arena.

But newly-elected president Emmanuel Macron, a 39-year-old former banker, has made a point of speaking in English, apparently seeking to make direct contact with a wider audience.

On Thursday, he released a video in English as well as French in which he criticised Trump for pulling out of the Paris accord and coined the "Make our planet great again" slogan.

He also invited American scientists, businesspeople and citizens who are frustrated by the White House's stance to "come and work here with us" on finding a solution to the climate crisis.

"They will find in France a second homeland," Macron said.

His remarks were retweeted more than 140,000 times and "liked" by more than a quarter of a million users, according to Twitter figures as of Friday afternoon.

Link

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Trump should tweet back: Let me fix that for you.
{then retweet their words in German...} and end it with, "Your welcome."

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Danke she, darling danke she
Thank you for, the sunny day...

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

Careers have been wreck for less ... yours is still in the gurgler.

Considering the industry she is in, IMO she has upgraded herself from a no-nothing 56 yo bim has-been to the darling of the commies. She's milking this to the extreme, and some leftist Hollywood entity will hire her for something. She basically re-invented her career, now as an anti-Trump provocateur; a job beneath that of a common prostitute.

Trump has a strong stomach and can take it. I feel worse for his family.

But upon seeing this, I really felt sorry for the Berg family and other families for whom this picture must have resurfaced some real tragic thoughts and feelings.

For that alone, I could never forgive this stupid twat for what she did.

The funny thing is that after doing something as disgusting and egregious as that, she thinks that as simple apology should make everything alright, and any backlash against her wrong.

I believe this is what Para often refers to as "reaping the whirlwind"

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Would that be the same Microsoft that wants foreign labor to replace American workers?

Or the Microsoft that believes we should have a universal basic income ?

And does the MIT person who is so upset about the reversal of the Paris climate "agreement" happen to be Jonathan Gruber ?

Gruber of MIT said about health care: "Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass"

Americans are smart enough on their own to figure out the Paris "agreement" was ineffective for the benefit of the planet and very bad for the USA.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
.Americans are smart enough on their own to figure out the Paris "agreement" was ineffective for the benefit of the planet and very bad for the USA

Unfortunately Americans are smart enough to read/hear what their told through mass media and the loudly vocal left. I doubt few Americans have time to get in depth enough into every issue to make a real decision on where they stand. They pick a side and go with the flow.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37965 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Kerry is so angry, he should be awarded another purple heart for all the butthurt.

Something tells me he was in line for some lucrative exclusive pork deals that has gone poof.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

The United States contributed $1 billion to the global Green Climate Fund, but the world's top polluters contributed nothing, David Asman reported.

Asman said on "Forbes on Fox" that China, Russia and India contributed no money to the Green Climate Fund, yet that international community pressured the U.S. to sign onto the Paris Climate Accord.

Steve Forbes said that the billion-dollar payment is another reason why President Trump was smart to withdraw the U.S. from the Paris agreement.

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...llion-united-nations

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Note to M.Macron, we saved France's ass in WWI and again in WWII and your being invaded again, this time by mooselems and your too dumb to know it. Don't think Trump will save your third time. AMF.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from Reuters, a statement by the German auto industry lobby group that represents BMW, Volkswagon, and Mercedes-Benz:

"The regrettable announcement by the USA makes it inevitable that Europe must facilitate a cost efficient and economically feasible climate policy to remain internationally competitive,"

"The preservation of our competitive position is the precondition for successful climate protection. This correlation is often underestimated,"

electricity and energy prices are already higher in Germany than in the United States, putting Germany at a disadvantage.

http://www.reuters.com/article...s-idUSKBN18T1Q0?il=0

so if the U.S. had not left the Paris climate pact, Europe would not facilitate "a cost efficient and economically feasible climate policy" ?

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
These globalist, climate change hacks...I tell you what Roll Eyes

France 'corrects' White House video on climate pact facts

He also invited American scientists, businesspeople and citizens who are frustrated by the White House's stance to "come and work here with us" on finding a solution to the climate crisis.

"They will find in France a second homeland," Macron said.

Hey Macron, we'd be happy to put together a list of folks to send over to you, if you promise to take them!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My wife, just returned from a family visit, says there are too many people in France and not enough French.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
from Reuters, a statement by the German auto industry lobby group that represents BMW, Volkswagon, and Mercedes-Benz:

"The regrettable announcement by the USA makes it inevitable that Europe must facilitate a cost efficient and economically feasible climate policy to remain internationally competitive,"

"The preservation of our competitive position is the precondition for successful climate protection. This correlation is often underestimated,"

electricity and energy prices are already higher in Germany than in the United States, putting Germany at a disadvantage.

http://www.reuters.com/article...s-idUSKBN18T1Q0?il=0

so if the U.S. had not left the Paris climate pact, Europe would not facilitate "a cost efficient and economically feasible climate policy" ?

What this speaks to me is that Germany doesn't like being fettered economically due to all this 'green' nonsense, while the US threw off the oppressive shackles of this policy. They admit that the 'green initiatives' would hurt them economically. Of course, we already knew that, which is why President Trump pulled us out.

What are they gonna do - increase the price of their products to recoup this money? As if German cars aren't expensive enough. I suppose they could throw a pre-teen style tantrum and impose tariffs on us, but that works both ways.

Oh, and I want my Billion dollars back. I didn't know we threw away that much money on this nonsense yet.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
from Reuters, a statement by the German auto industry lobby group that represents Volkswagon

From Volkswagen the guys who Forged the Emissions Tests World Wide. That's too funny.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
This Thread should never be on page 2.

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GGF:
This Thread should never be on page 2.

GGF

It would be nice to get to a point where things are running smoothly, the God Damned Commies and the libtards in the media and elsewhere have learned to think before they pop off, and there is no longer much need for our running commentary, so we can concentrate on caliber wars once more.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
y wife, just returned from a family visit, says there are too many people in France and not enough French.

Europeans have stopped having babies. Who is going to defend them? You guessed it.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
y wife, just returned from a family visit, says there are too many people in France and not enough French.

Europeans have stopped having babies. Who is going to defend them? You guessed it.

Americans aren't having babies either, and the larger families are brushed aside as fringe. Hell, I have 4 and people act like I'm nuts when I tell them.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
from Reuters, a statement by the German auto industry lobby group that represents Volkswagon

From Volkswagen the guys who Forged the Emissions Tests World Wide. That's too funny.

Honor among thieves.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:

I think she was reacting to the recent immigrants, colonials, etc. I'm not sure she has info about the birthrate.