SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Rifle Coffee Company and Kyle Rittenhouse Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
I'm just going to say that whether you support Black Rifle Coffee Company or not, their less then "we're just neutral" response is more likely to lose supporters than gain, especially, since they've branded themselves as a pro-2A company.

quote:

A Salt Lake City coffee company said it objected to a tweet posted by a Blaze Media reporter who tied its coffee to Kyle Rittenhouse, accused of killing two people during an August protest in Wisconsin.

Elijah Schaffer tweeted a since-removed photo of the 17-year-old wearing a Black Rifle Coffee Company shirt with the caption, “Kyle Rittenhouse drinks the best coffee in America.” The teenager was released Friday after supporters raised his $2 million bail.

Schaffer posted a discount code for the coffee under the post with the photo. And online, commenters questioned whether the coffee company had a sponsorship deal with Rittenhouse and accused it of supporting murder and hate.

But Black Rifle Coffee, a sponsor of Schaffer’s Slightly Offens*ve podcast, said in a statement Saturday that it is not sponsoring or supporting Rittenhouse.

A spokesperson for the coffee company told The Salt Lake Tribune on Saturday afternoon that the company was terminating its sponsorship of Slightly Offens*ve, but late Saturday, she said she had misunderstood.

“We are not fluctuating our ad spend,” she said in a text message. “We did have a conversation with Schaffer, and he understands that the post was a mistake.”

Earlier in the day, she had said: “We don’t traffic in national tragedy and to us, that’s what this is. We are not legal experts or members of law enforcement. We fully support all law enforcement officials and believe in the integrity of the legal system.”

After clarifying the company’s continuing sponsorship of Blaze Media, she added: “Our concern is that use of the discount code in the post did not reflect our values. That’s a concern we’ve addressed with the journalist and that he understands.”

Blaze employees “make decisions about how to allocate ad dollars within the Blaze,” she said, but she did not clarify whether Black Rifle would request to end its placement as a podcast sponsor. She said the company and Blaze are discussing “how to move forward with the allocation of ad dollars.”

Black Rifle Coffee is a Salt Lake City-based roaster that brands itself as a gun-loving, conservative company started by veterans. In a statement Saturday afternoon, co-founder Evan Hafer said, “We do not support legal advocacy efforts. We do not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI.”

The company’s spokeswoman said it is focused on making coffee and supporting the military community, and it will not comment on an ongoing legal matter.

But Twitter users criticized Black Rifle on Saturday for not explicitly condemning Rittenhouse’s alleged actions.

“You’d think if @blckriflecoffee DIDN’T condone the murder of two people at the hands of #KyleRittenhouse they’d speak up,” tweeted actress Yvette Nicole Brown.

In 2017, the company drew attention as the right wing’s preferred roaster after conservative pundits, including Donald Trump Jr. and Sean Hannity, praised it in the wake of controversy over the Keurig coffee machine company.

Keurig pulled its ads from Hannity’s show because he defended Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who was accused of inappropriately touching a teenage girl and pursuing other teenagers in his 30s. After Hannity viewers said they were boycotting Keurig, Trump Jr. promoted Black Rifle Coffee on his Twitter page.

“Great coffee, great guys and great Americans @seanhannity I’ve had the chance to meet and hang out with them. Try it. #blackriflecoffeecompany,” Trump Jr. wrote.

At the time, Hafer told The Tribune he didn’t know anything about the accusations against Moore, and attributed controversy over the company to its conservative stance.

“We’re a controversial coffee company because we’re openly conservative,” said Hafer, whose company was then roasting about 1 million pounds of coffee each year. “When I say conservative, it’s because of the things that we really believe in. I believe in the Constitution. I believe in the Second Amendment. I believe in family.”

https://www.sltrib.com/news/20...offee-company-faces/

quote:

A Statement from CEO Evan Hafer on Black Rifle Coffee Company’s Mission

As a veteran-owned and operated coffee company, Black Rifle Coffee Company exists to serve premium coffee while supporting the veteran Community. At the core of Black Rifle Coffee’s values is to support and bring awareness to the millions of veterans who have proudly served our nation and we will not waver from that mission.

The Black Rifle brand is a symbol of service, of strength, and of goodness that has carried over from our military origins. It’s why we support active duty service members and veterans, prioritize veteran hiring, and advocate for individual liberty and personal responsibility.

We do not support legal advocacy efforts. We do not sponsor nor do we have a relationship with the 17-year-old facing charges in Kenosha, WI.

We believe in the integrity of the legal justice system, and support law enforcement officials.

We’re grateful for the continued support of the Black Rifle Coffee community and eager to continue serving those who serve.

-Evan Hafer, CEO/Founder

Please direct inquiries to press@blackriflecoffee.com

https://www.blackriflecoffee.c...al-statement-kenosha

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The thing about conservatives is that we won’t let the left take down conservative businesses. We ll do it ourselves. Roll Eyes

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with BRC's statement or position, and do not see where anyone should or could be butthurt over this.

(I do not buy their coffee, but if I did, I would continue as always)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

My wife also saw this on her Forum she visits.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with BRCC's statement. They are a business. Not a PAC.

Posts: 3999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
“You’d think if @blckriflecoffee DIDN’T condone the murder of two people at the hands of #KyleRittenhouse they’d speak up,” tweeted actress Yvette Nicole Brown.

BRC aren't public defenders, their business is coffee. Actress Yvette Nicole Brown and those of her ilk are just left wingnut trolls looking for a reaction.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I have no issue with BRC's statement or position, and do not see where anyone should or could be butthurt over this.

Exactly this. What the hell is the controversy here from the right? Seriously.

Sounds to me like the left wing press trying to stir up shit and hurt a damn good American loving company.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
More businesses should take a neutral position.

BRCC in the business of making and selling coffee. It really sucks that some personality at Blaze took it upon himself to align BRCC with something political.

Additionally, they have charitable causes with the military and law enforcement (portion of Thin Blue Line benefits law enforcment and their families).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
People are also pissed that they donated to Actblue.

Maybe Benchmade -ish?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Maybe Benchmade -ish?

Now that surprises me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Maybe Benchmade -ish?

Now that surprises me.
Per forum policy, it also requires a link to a credible source.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/silverback...705060200931329?s=21

It’s a source. And people are pissed about this all over the inter worlds.

Screenshot

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Screenshot

Maybe I’m doing it wrong but when I search the FEC site, I find nothing of the sort.

Perhaps I’m doing it wrong, but I don’t get the same results for brcc, black rifle, or black rifle coffee.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Screenshot

Maybe I’m doing it wrong but when I search the FEC site, I find nothing of the sort.

Perhaps I’m doing it wrong, but I don’t get the same results for brcc, black rifle, or black rifle coffee.

It's under the CEO's name, Hafer, Evan.

https://www.fec.gov/data/recei..._date=12%2F31%2F2020

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So, in researching that he donated to Tulsi Gabbard to pay off lawsuit funding against Hillary Clinton.

I find it hard to be angry.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1. We on this site (myself included) bitch about companies getting involved in political nonsense instead of focusing on their core mission statement of selling products or services. BRCC did what I'd hope all companies would do....focus on doing what they're in business to do.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Mike Lindell and Ricky Schroeder donated the money that put the fund over the top allowing Rittenhouse to meet bail. I'm surprised the left Hollywood elite aren't attacking them especially Schroeder seeing he is a conservative actor.

BRC is doing what I have wondered why most companies don't do. Stay out of the political fray and just do what you're in business to do.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no issues with any business that chooses to remain neutral and avoid dabbling in politics.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
More businesses should take a neutral position.

BRCC in the business of making and selling coffee. It really sucks that some personality at Blaze took it upon himself to align BRCC with something political.

Agreed, on both counts.

Keep in mind that it was someone who wasn't directly affiliated with Black Rifle who made the initial post linking the two. As a business owner, you want control of your "brand". If you (or one of your employees/designees) choose to connect yourself to a cause, that's one thing. Someone else attempting to link you to a cause, especially a politically sensitive one, is another.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Neither do I and I do buy BRC and will continue to do so.
Sometimes the media can get out of whack on either side.
Nothing really to see here.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post