SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Years Eve plans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Eve plans? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'll probably sack out early.

Well that didn’t last long. Instead I spent “New Years eve” at work wet vac’ing up a flood. The directors will no doubt be pissed when they see the logs on Thursday showing that I got called in for that.(Sure not my “trade” or department even and I’m about nine pay grades too high for that sort of thing even if it was) But apparently I’m the only damn fool who’ll answer their phone at 11:30pm on New Years. It cost them. lol

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mad mike
posted Hide Post
Stayed home.Not worth risking being on the road tonight.

Posts: 207 | Location: D/FW, Texas | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Working still. 11p-7a.
So far so good.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
At midnight in KCMO Mrs Cliff was asleep and I was looking at YouTube P365 upgrade video's for the P365 I just bought. The last time I hung out on New Year's eve was years ago. Blessed to be able to enjoy another new year at home with the wife and my two furbaby's. Show's how old I am, right?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
At midnight in KCMO Mrs Cliff was asleep and I was looking at YouTube P365 upgrade video's for the P365 I just bought. The last time I hung out on New Year's eve was years ago. Blessed to be able to enjoy another new year at home with the wife and my two furbaby's. Show's how old I am, right?

Nah. Shows how smart you are. I make sure I’m not on the roads after 9pm on New Year’s Eve. Way too many drunks on the road after that.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
LOL, I can't remember the last time we saw New Years. Probably be asleep by 9 or so.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Basically card games, pulled pork sliders, pizza, then listened to all the gun shots and fireworks.

I stay sober, and try to avoid driving far during the holidays. Too many idiots on the roads.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I was woken by fireworks/gunshots at 11:57. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I worked.

It sucked.

A lot.

Thank god I'm off the next four nights.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Wifey had a seizure. We spent the night in hospital. Going back to visit her now. Not a great way to start the year.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
A quiet night at home with my lovely wife and the dogs. Just the way I like it. Lights out at 12:01.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Working still. 11p-7a.
So far so good.

Damn it. Jinxed myself.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got home from work around 5:30 and threw in a load of laundry. Chilled my favorite beer glass in the fridge. Laundry in dryer and poured beer.
Smoked a rib roast last Saturday for the Ohio State game and had leftovers. Beer and prime rib supper.
Started a movie at about 8pm and was done a little after 10pm. Went to bed.
Last time I was out on NYE was in 2016. Kinda done with all that.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Watched The Accountant while the wife slept on the couch. She woke up at 11:50 to go to bed. I got my New Year kiss and tucked her in.

I did enjoy a Kentuckey Bourbon Barrel Ale as the clock changed.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are both fighting colds, so we stayed in (we were planning on going to a friend's for dinner). I cooked up some venison Italian sausage with peppers, onions and tomoatoes and we binge watched Lost in Space. Life in the slow lane. Happy New Year to all!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Wifey had a seizure. We spent the night in hospital. Going back to visit her now. Not a great way to start the year.

I hope all is well.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post