SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Years Eve plans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Eve plans? Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Riding the radio in 911 dispatch, playing the yearly game of "Is it fireworks or is it gunshots?"

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Staying in tonight. Playing poker online. Havin some brews. Listening to Nights With Alice Cooper. Listening to the scanner. Hangin around here with yall guys.

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wife is working so I'm home with my two girls. Will put them to bed soon, then make myself a smash burger. Later tonight I'll enjoy some 12 year old Pappy Van Winkle to ring in the new year.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Spending the night in a Marriott in Baton Rouge after dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Traveling to Destin tomorrow for 3 month break from winter.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Home with the wife. Quite evening. Enjoy all!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Currently on a Celebrity Cruise Ship somewhere In the West Caribbean standing next to a hot tub filled with ice and a few hundred bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne.

Had a solid dinner of filet and lobster with the wife while gramma watches the baby on the ship. Now we’re just waiting for the countdown...pretty cool New Year’s Eve so far.

Happy New Year to you all.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Finishing up my annual New Year's viewing of Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days. Then I'll go to the movies with my buddy to get my Saoirse Ronan on with the new Little Women. Then I'll probably welcome the new year from my other friend's rooftop with a drink after the film. See you in the '20s!

Posts: 5586 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Just back from sushi with some friends, and will be tucking in shortly. Not going to wait for midnight.

Happy New Year, all y'all!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12780 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
We are visiting with friends in Georgia. Nothing going on, I'm already in bed reading with the Kindle. If I were home, maybe a drink of bourbon then bed. As has been said, amateur night.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sitting at the ranch for a deer hunting trip. About 2 miles as the crow flies from the US/Mex border.
Haven't heard a single firework so far.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Staying in, watching the big fraidy dog cower in the corner....he doesn’t freak when we go to the range, but he doesn’t understand fireworks.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We’re hunkered down. The pups have been medicated and the dummies are playing with their booze and bombs. Two good things though, we have a new ER that just opened and neither of us be on duty there.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Church at 2300 hours. Korean Christian custom to be worshipping for the New Year.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Wife and I just finished watching "Bullitt" - her first time watching it...

Now heading to bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Cattle dog?

Happy New Year.

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
On the couch, have been Internet surfing, reading ALLPAR.COM most of the evening, a bunch of Chrysler history there. Waiting for the Eleven O'Clock news.

No desire to go out tonight. Had to go a bit earlier to one of the daughters home, roads getting slick around here, light snow.

Besides, it's Amateur Night anyways.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8107 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I _was_ going to have a normal, everyday night: dinner, some music playing while I surf the 'Net and such. And then...

My one and only (and LAST!) Windows computer decided to throw an update error (0x80073701) and so I've been troubleshooting it, trying to get it to the point where updates are taking again.

I'll probably bail on it for the night the next reboot it requires.

Happy New Year!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pickle Rick:
Cattle dog?

Happy New Year.

Yes sir, Gunner is a Blue Heeler. Here he is after helping Santa put gifts out last week:

Happy New Year!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hookers, heroin, making it rain.....the basics.

Actually quiet night at home. Will head up around 1145 and share some champagne with wife and watch ball drop with family. Then probably finish the champagne watching a movie.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Please give Gunner an extra hug and kiss from me! Big Grin

Happy New Year, all y'all!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post