SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Years Eve plans?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Eve plans? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
Wife and I cooking dinner (skirt steak tacos), having some cocktails while smoking some cigars, then some champagne. Maybe watch a DVD movie, go to sleep before midnight.

Happy New Years To SF

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I’ll be watching the Stooges

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
We got Pizza and will attempt to stay up past 10. Bowl games and YouTube so far.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Stay home and out of trouble.
Amateur night.

Posts: 9519 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re looking at it Big Grin

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Show at 9:00. Hopefully home by 11:30.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Staying home with the dogs, Horses and cats, they hate this time of year with the fire works, try to keep them calm.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Wife made baked stuffed shrimp and we had a big bottle of Asti Spumante.
That's the excitement for tonight, but it's enough.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My plan is to have no plan. Smile Just another evening.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to a NYE party. Nothing too exciting being a group from church!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My plan was to spend the evening at the loading bench for a morning range trip. But I'm in too much pain and too tired. I'll probably sack out early.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I work today and tomorrow. So after work making steak and lobster with salad, potatoes and shrimp cocktail for the girlfriend while we enjoy an evening in.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Made dinner, having a beer or two, hanging with the pup. He's already zonked and pushing for bed, I'm soon to foller.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9693 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
No plans. Just a quiet evening at home. Will be in bed by 11:00pm.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Staying home and trying to keep the dog from losing her mind over fireworks.

The first of many just fired off Mad

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holding hands with the wifey and watching Seinfeldt reruns on Hulu.

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
We're doing it now. Partying in San Diego like we're in Greece*.

Wife is sleeping in my lap, fire place is still going, son is practicing his guitar for his [Greek] girlfriend, all is good.

*it was midnight in Greece when it was [about] 2pm local. We had our beer down at Seaport Villiage to celebrate the New Year and able to clear out before sunset and crazy peeps showed up.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another staying home and out of harms way.

--Shrimp peel
--Maryland crab cakes with lemon remoulade sauce
--Roasted balsamic vinegar honey brussel sprouts

--FeverTree Ginger Beer / Tito's vodka / lime (Moscow Mule)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My mom came over to spend the night with my wife and I. On New Year’s Eve I make all kinds of appetizers throughout the evening and we watch movies or shows. I miss the good year in review shows that used to air. We will do our best to stay up until midnight for a champagne toast.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post