SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Variolation is available for Covid.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^
Variolation is available for Covid.

Thank you. I looked up the word and after all these years now understand the difference between it and vaccination.

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:

...I read an article in The NY Times and it had an interactive section that you entered some preliminary information including what County you lived in....

https://www.nytimes.com/intera...accine-timeline.html

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Nope. I will wait for at least a year to see how the vaccine works and if taking it is still necessary by then. No way I am taking something as soon as it comes out; just like buying a new product.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am slightly north of 50 and have no known health issues so I am not at the top of the list for a vaccine. I have seen enough people who got Covid-19 and what it did to them that I will get the vaccine when it is offered to me.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I’m still on the fence....I’ve been offered the vaccine which will probably happen this week or next....I’m a front line worker type....I have reservations about it for all the reasons listed here before my post...I’ve had interactions with many people that have it and a good number of those have been absolute train wrecks...some of them died in front of me. Just not sure what I’m going to do....I have managed to stay healthy despite close contact with Covid positive patients.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I can see the lawyer ads in a few years. "If you took COVID-19 vaccine in 2020 and got sick anyway, you may be entitled to substantial compensation!" In other words, I want to wait until it is proven to work and have at least minimal side effects before taking it. I don't even take the "regular" flu shots. I haven't had "true" flu for many years and am not in a "high risk" group.

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
In a heartbeat. Although I suspect that it's going to be mandatory for health care workers so my decision is rather moot. But yeah...I'll take it without hesitation.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Doubt ill have a choice, but... more retirement on the bright(ish) side Smile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Your reasons for yes or no are welcome if you wish to explain them, but please do not use your post as an excuse to cast aspersions on the people with whom you disagree.

I have trouble judging anybody about their response to this virus. The information has been all over the place on this virus which makes it very difficult to know the truth of it. Beyond that, everyone has their own health situation, and some others (such as yourself) have still other factors to consider. It seems to me that everyone has to make up their own mind about how to deal with the virus situation.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes as soon as offered. There’s probably been 80-100 thousand people that have taken the shot. Somebody let me know if any death has occurred? None I know of, but COVID has killed plenty. Thanks China for your gift...

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I most likely will end up getting it but I plan on waiting to see how things shake out. Even at age 73 it looks like there are some 20 million people ahead of me in line. So, plenty of time apparently.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I would take it. Not as worried about myself, however there is a fear that I smoked for 28 of my 46 years of life, so my respiratory system may not be so great.

I’d take it more so, to protect my wife, and so I could hang out with my dad and his wife and not worry about getting them sick.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Nope, not for a year at least. The whole thing has been a little too fast-tracked for my taste. I get the reasons for that, but with all the side effects that keep being discovered for all manner of drugs for this that and the other thing, AFTER release of the drug, I'm just not comfortable with this one. I'm 62 but generally in good health with a strong immune system.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember thalidomide
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Never reached pharmacy shelves in America. NOT a vaccine used for morning sickness in pregnant women. Not an apt analogy.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not.
Flu shots are available right now and I've never had one.
My logic is that it's to new to know what effects there could be in a year or longer. Maybe there's none but no one knows.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As soon as it is available to me.

At 66 years old, I have diabetes, and COPD.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I can see the lawyer ads in a few years. "If you took COVID-19 vaccine in 2020 and got sick anyway, you may be entitled to substantial compensation!" In other words, I want to wait until it is proven to work and have at least minimal side effects before taking it. I don't even take the "regular" flu shots. I haven't had "true" flu for many years and am not in a "high risk" group.

To promote swift action by the private life sciences sector, the US Department of Health & Human Services (“HHS”) has conferred broad immunity on vaccine and therapy manufacturers for development activities relating to COVID-19. HHS’s immunity, issued as a Notice of Declaration under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (the “PREP Act”), protects companies manufacturing, distributing, and administrating countermeasures against COVID-19, excepting only willful misconduct.

https://www.dlapiper.com/en/us...ines-and-antivirals/

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post