SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    With all the guitar discussion, here's my Martin in action. A video of me playing Neil Young's Don't Let it Bring You Down
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

With all the guitar discussion, here's my Martin in action. A video of me playing Neil Young's Don't Let it Bring You Down Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm not musical at all, but my wife can play guitar and several other instruments. I was just telling her the other day that she should get it out more.

Posts: 8385 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Yeah, it takes some motivation to keep playing. It sounds like she's really good being a multi-instrumentalist. Hope she keeps it up.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Great job! You’ve really come a long way!

And I’ve taken numerous breaks in many years of playing. It’s only for my own enjoyment. Not my job.

Posts: 17869 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Nicely done. You actual sound like him.
I have really enjoyed the couple video's you have posted.

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Well done 6guns! My wife and I both enjoyed that, thanks!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Sounds great, thanks for posting.
Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Posts: 4604 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Great job! You’ve really come a long way!

And I’ve taken numerous breaks in many years of playing. It’s only for my own enjoyment. Not my job.

Thank you, Oz. By making these videos, it keeps me playing more. I just need to do it more often. Not my job either though.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
orc, bigpond and Lon, thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Very nice! One of my favorites. I've been meaning to get out my set book and play that song.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
There’s no upvote here, and while it’s not really my music, damn, you have skills. Pretty awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4021 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s great, man!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed that. Thank you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5291 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank you fellas!

Beancooker, my taste in music varies a lot! Most of it I can't come close to playing. But I keep plugging along.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Right on man!
I've been playing a lot lately too. Thinking about getting another little bar band together. Here's us playing about 10 years ago or so.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Wow, Ryan, I had no idea. My wife and I have seen many of your videos, and never knew you were in the band. Very cool, rock on.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Ryan! Looks way more than just a bar band! Cool!

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
It took me a lot longer to feel comfortable performing in front of an audience than you, 6guns.
Yku really hit the ground running with your talent.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep telling myself I should try some “drop d”tuning. Just never have gotten around to it. It sounds good and rich.

You’ve motivated me to get off my duff.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Thanks!
It took me a lot longer to feel comfortable performing in front of an audience than you, 6guns.
Yku really hit the ground running with your talent.

I really would like the feeling of playing in a band and hope to do that someday. All my playing out has been solo or duet at open mics and I'll tell you, THAT is nerve wracking! I haven't done it since the virus shut down and now I'd be pretty terrified. Big Grin

Thanks for your kind words. When I had the weekly open mics and classes, it made me practice a lot more. Now I have to prod myself.