SIGforum
With all the guitar discussion, here's my Martin in action. A video of me playing Neil Young's Don't Let it Bring You Down

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4440094694

November 23, 2022, 06:20 PM
6guns
With all the guitar discussion, here's my Martin in action. A video of me playing Neil Young's Don't Let it Bring You Down

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
November 23, 2022, 06:57 PM
92fstech
Nice! Thanks for sharing. I'm not musical at all, but my wife can play guitar and several other instruments. I was just telling her the other day that she should get it out more.
November 23, 2022, 07:16 PM
6guns
Thanks! Yeah, it takes some motivation to keep playing. It sounds like she's really good being a multi-instrumentalist. Hope she keeps it up.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
November 23, 2022, 07:17 PM
Oz_Shadow
Great job! You’ve really come a long way!

And I’ve taken numerous breaks in many years of playing. It’s only for my own enjoyment. Not my job.
November 23, 2022, 07:19 PM
old rugged cross
Bravo, Nicely done. You actual sound like him.
I have really enjoyed the couple video's you have posted.

Thanks

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
November 23, 2022, 07:45 PM
bigpond73
Well done 6guns! My wife and I both enjoyed that, thanks!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.
November 23, 2022, 07:50 PM
armored
Sounds great, thanks for posting.
Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
November 23, 2022, 08:27 PM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Great job! You’ve really come a long way!

And I’ve taken numerous breaks in many years of playing. It’s only for my own enjoyment. Not my job.

Thank you, Oz. By making these videos, it keeps me playing more. I just need to do it more often. Not my job either though.

November 23, 2022, 08:29 PM
6guns
orc, bigpond and Lon, thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2022, 09:03 PM
rtquig
Very nice! One of my favorites. I've been meaning to get out my set book and play that song.

Living the Dream
November 23, 2022, 09:43 PM
Beancooker
There’s no upvote here, and while it’s not really my music, damn, you have skills. Pretty awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
November 23, 2022, 09:55 PM
Outnumbered
That’s great, man!
November 24, 2022, 06:44 AM
MRMATT
I really enjoyed that. Thank you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
November 24, 2022, 08:05 AM
6guns
Thank you fellas!

Beancooker, my taste in music varies a lot! Most of it I can't come close to playing. But I keep plugging along.

November 24, 2022, 09:12 AM
Ryanp225
Right on man!
I've been playing a lot lately too. Thinking about getting another little bar band together. Here's us playing about 10 years ago or so.

November 24, 2022, 09:45 AM
bigpond73
Wow, Ryan, I had no idea. My wife and I have seen many of your videos, and never knew you were in the band. Very cool, rock on.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.
November 24, 2022, 10:51 AM
6guns
Yeah, Ryan! Looks way more than just a bar band! Cool!

November 24, 2022, 07:38 PM
Ryanp225
Thanks!
It took me a lot longer to feel comfortable performing in front of an audience than you, 6guns.
Yku really hit the ground running with your talent.
November 25, 2022, 11:11 AM
maxdog
I keep telling myself I should try some “drop d”tuning. Just never have gotten around to it. It sounds good and rich.

You’ve motivated me to get off my duff.
November 25, 2022, 11:49 AM
6guns
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Thanks!
It took me a lot longer to feel comfortable performing in front of an audience than you, 6guns.
Yku really hit the ground running with your talent.

I really would like the feeling of playing in a band and hope to do that someday. All my playing out has been solo or duet at open mics and I'll tell you, THAT is nerve wracking! I haven't done it since the virus shut down and now I'd be pretty terrified. Big Grin

Thanks for your kind words. When I had the weekly open mics and classes, it made me practice a lot more. Now I have to prod myself.