SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2020 Summer Olympics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Summer Olympics Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I have a few events set to record. Shooting, archery, gymnastics (for my wife/girls).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for posts about it in this forum, and that story about Street-car'ee Dickinson testing positive for ghanja, I would be oblivious to it all.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I'll probably watch some of the archery if it's even televised. Special interest for me since I've judged tournaments where these athletes have competed and my daughter knows Brady Ellison and Mackenzie Brown.

Other than that, when is the USA/Brazil match scheduled for women's beach volleyball?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Dead to me.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Other than that, when is the USA/Brazil match scheduled for women's beach volleyball?
I've alwys wondered- I'm not complaining, you understand- but I've always wondered why women need the smallest, most-of-it-in-their-ass-crack shorts in order to play volleyball. Just curious, is all.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I've alwys wondered- I'm not complaining, you understand- but I've always wondered why women need the smallest, most-of-it-in-their-ass-crack shorts in order to play volleyball. Just curious, is all.

TV ratings. It makes it popular, it gets watched and bings money and sponsorships into their sport.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not watching. Olympics held with the same disdain as the Oscars or Grammy. And utterly disgusted with Japan and wuflu restrictions. My perception of them as a relatively educated, science and data driven society, has been dramatically downgraded.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
The Olympics have become a joke. (Mr Obvious) Men that claim to be women competing against actual women, idiots that are supposed be representing their country, disrespecting the best country in the world. 90%~ of Japanese people hate that the games are in Japan. I might catch a high-light now and again, but nope, I'm out. Live with it Olympic committee, this well could be the last one.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I wonder, if will we still be under the “Death by CoVid” panic when in 7 months time the February 2022 Winter Olympics to be held in Beijing, China (home of the “bat flu”), or will the heroic voodoo witchdoctors of the ChiCom-controlled WHOville have eradicated all Death by then?

It does make one go hmmmm. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How many hours in is that drone show?

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I think it's toward the end of the approx. 4-hour show.

In case you can't wait...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
You mean 2021, right?

No, it's still the 2020 Olympics (official name: Tokyo 2020). They postponed it a year due to Covid, but kept the year the same.

How stupid is that.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
While I would not mind watching the volleyball Para is referring to. Nope not planning on watching any of this stupid shit. No thanks. I know not all of the athletes are part of the "make a political statement" crowd. But those that do and the network driven agenda have spoiled it for me. I can do with out all of it quite nicely.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Not a chance.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Personally I'm waiting for the karate competition. It's appropriately making its debut at Tokyo 2020, although it is not yet a permanent sport and is not included in the subsquent Paris summer games in 2024.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I found the whole 'empty stadium' thing to be pretty creepy. And the athletes are walking in waving at . . . nobody? I just hate it I say, I hates it.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

I think it's toward the end of the approx. 4-hour show.

In case you can't wait...

That's what I'm waiting for. I want to see how it compares to the show the PRC put on last time

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14184 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I've always wondered- I'm not complaining, you understand- but I've always wondered why women need the smallest, most-of-it-in-their-ass-crack shorts in order to play volleyball. Just curious, is all.

The International Handball Federation rules stipulate that female athletes must wear bikini bottoms, “with a close fit and cut on an upward angle toward the top of the leg.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/k...the-uniform-matters/

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
No

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post