SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Protein Powder do you use?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Protein Powder do you use? Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I use this one. 99% sure that my casein allergy developed from a decade of heavy lifting and whey protein consumption.

unfortunately, Reb A is stevia.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Isopure Low Car Protein Powder

Isopure Whey Isolate Protein Powder with Vitamin C & Zinc for Immune Support, 25g Protein, Low Carb & Keto Friendly, Flavor: Dutch Chocolate, 4.5 Pounds (Packaging May Vary) https://a.co/d/0CJhRHu

JC

Posts: 1276 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I use this one. 99% sure that my casein allergy developed from a decade of heavy lifting and whey protein consumption.
I just returned a can of that, yesterday, after reading the ConsumerLab protein powders and shakes report showing the sample they tested contained 131% of the sodium Orgain claimed it did. A 2018 review found another Orgain protein powder product contained 181% of the claimed sodium.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Pro Jym Ultra-Premium Blend ~ it must be good to be Ultra and Premium. Eek

Posts: 22955 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
A steak. Or a taco with beans and rice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I read this whole thread looking for this! I’m glad I wasn’t the smart ass…

Seriously, im on a single ingredient natural kick. The more man fucks with something, the more he fucks it up!

Just got back from my physical with a suggestion of keep up the good work! So, it seems to be working for me.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1131 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Looks like that's where I'm heading. Everything else has garbage in it. I'm not sure I can stuff that much steak down my gullet though.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Guys, steaks and tacos hardly qualify for the OP's request for discussion about "MRE-type" stuff.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Guys, steaks and tacos hardly qualify for the OP's request for discussion about "MRE-type" stuff.
OP is two years ago. I probably should have started a new thread.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've stopped using whey protein based on articles I've read and switched to plant based protein.

It isn't cheap, but now I use a Juice Plus product....I know lots of non-fans of that here. It's called Complete.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38733 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also quit using whey protein & switched to perfect aminos.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
That and the fact your goals are different. He was looking for suitable MRE type stuff and thinking protein powder might be the way. (Not IMO, btw.) You're looking for protein supplements to aid lean body mass gains. Different goals.

But threads drift Smile

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I've stopped using whey protein based on articles I've read ...
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I also quit using whey protein ...
Brief explanations as to why might be helpful Wink

Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Costco chocolate (Extreme Milk Chocolate)

This for me..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2676 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
That and the fact your goals are different. He was looking for suitable MRE type stuff and thinking protein powder might be the way. (Not IMO, btw.) You're looking for protein supplements to aid lean body mass gains. Different goals.

But threads drift Smile

quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I've stopped using whey protein based on articles I've read ...
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I also quit using whey protein ...
Brief explanations as to why might be helpful Wink

Ok. I’ll start a new thread with appropriate titling.