SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Protein Powder do you use?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Protein Powder do you use? Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Skins2881's thread on MREs inspired me to look for a new protein drink. The one called "MRE" from Retcon1 actually has very good reviews, so I picked some up yesterday. It seems to live up to the hype. Solid, animal-based nutrition and really does have great taste and consistency.

So what protein powder or meal replacement drink do you use?

MRE Lite

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16402 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Arbonne

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25467 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Optimum Nutrition natural.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38744 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Optimal Nutrition Gold

Posts: 32572 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30467 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bump for answers

sometimes I don't feel like eating a full meal after a workout even though i know I should

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Optimum Gold whey

Posts: 13748 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Orgain, it's easy on the gut, plant based.

https://orgain.com/collections/protein-powder

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prepsheriff:
Orgain, it's easy on the gut, plant based.

https://orgain.com/collections/protein-powder

That's what I have.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8407 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, vanilla
MusclePham Combat Protein Powder, cookies & cream
Muscle Milk 100% Whey, chocolate, with a scoop of PB2 powdered peanut butter

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MyProtein whey isolate.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1212 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I want to try a protein powder - I can't eat enough protein.

But I'm really concerned that it's so difficult to determine source of origin - where are all the ingredients sourced and processed? Vitamins largely come from PRC. I suspect that much of the powders come from PRC too - especially when company websites talk about suppliers conforming to human trafficking laws, etc.

Is there a way to confirm? The suggestions above - all confirmed to be non-PRC, first world country sourced for all ingredients and processing?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12765 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Musclepharm Combat one flavor or another.

Posts: 7496 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Body Fortress, super advanced whey protein powder, gluten free, chocolate flavor.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, Costco chocolate (Extreme Milk Chocolate)

Posts: 17906 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I want to try a protein powder - I can't eat enough protein.

But I'm really concerned that it's so difficult to determine source of origin - where are all the ingredients sourced and processed? Vitamins largely come from PRC. I suspect that much of the powders come from PRC too - especially when company websites talk about suppliers conforming to human trafficking laws, etc.

Is there a way to confirm? The suggestions above - all confirmed to be non-PRC, first world country sourced for all ingredients and processing?

I am looking for the documentation but pretty sure nothing in the Arbonne Protein Line comes from China.

https://embed.widencdn.net/pdf...2069-2070_us_eng.pdf

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25467 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Body Nutrition Trutein. It's a good quality protein and one of the best tasting that I've tried. Quest is also pretty good.

Posts: 3475 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Rivalus Promasil

Started using this and liking it so far. Says it's made in the good old US of A.

Posts: 3241 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Arbonne

Same here.
Good stuff.

Posts: 3813 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Royal Whey Protein Isolate.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7660 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post