SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Protein Powder do you use?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Protein Powder do you use? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
BSN Syntha 6

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Do you guys like your products? How well it works, taste, mixability, cost, etc.?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I like mine. Particularly the Combat cookies & cream. Yum Smile

My chocolate powder, mixed with a bit of the PB2, kind of tastes like a liquid Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Kind of.

The ON vanilla I use isn't real tasty, but it isn't bad, either. It's the lowest-calorie of the bunch, so that's what I use when I'm trying to dump fat.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter sells Arbonne stuff so that is what I use and I like it.

Posts: 73 | Location: Oceanside, CA | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
GNC AMP Wheybolic. vanilla

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7964 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k4carbon:
My daughter sells Arbonne stuff so that is what I use and I like it.

As though not liking it was an option. Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Original Nurition Gold Whey protein which I buy from Costco, and I also use Pure Protein Whey Protein powder. Get the vanilla flavor in both, they taste ok, and mix well with 2% milk, which I use in my Blender Bottle. Also, given that I have to watch out for other chemicals, my physicians have checked out the ingredients in both these products, and they dont contain any chemicals that may be steroids or similar stuff

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My usual mix is put 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein and a brewed K-Cup of coffee in a shaker bottle, fill the remainder with vanilla almond milk, then shake and drink. Makes for a quick and easy breakfast to go, and tastes decent. It's what I have for breakfast ~4 days a week.

Occasionally, when I have more time and don't mind cleaning the blender, I get fancy with various concoctions using fruit.

And you can actually make a halfway decent "pumpkin pie" protein smoothie by combining a heaping scoop of canned pumpkin puree, a dash of pumpkin spice, vanilla whey protein, milk or almond milk, and some ice in a blender.

Posts: 32563 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Do you guys like your products? How well it works, taste, mixability, cost, etc.?

Works? I have to trust the label. Taste is good, but I only get the naturally sweetened Optimum Nutrition whey. The regular stuff is way Wink too sweet for me. Mixes well in a shaker bottle with almond/coconut milk. Not cheap at about $50/5lb, but typical.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38729 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ridgeway:
BSN Syntha 6

This stuff upset my stomach and was making me fat. It tasted great, but that is pretty low on my list of priorities when it comes to protein powder. Finally had to dump it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30448 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Optimum Nutrition, but the Platinum hydrolyzed whey (chocolate for me). Apparently I have the metabolism of a hummingbird on meth, so I mix it with 8-12oz of whole milk in a shaker bottle and drink it generally with my breakfast, since I'm usually done at the gym before the sun comes up.

Taste isn't terrible and it doesn't ball up my insides like some others do... or cause room-clearing farts. As for performance, it greatly speeds up my recovery time and helps me put on and maintain muscle mass. Obviously diet is pretty important there, too.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either Optimum Nutrition or Body Fortress. I prefer to use the ON, but Body Fortress is much cheaper, tastes the same or better, and I can get it at Kroger when we do our grocery shopping.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I use the Optimum Nutrition Gold both Whey after a workout and Cassein at night for slower digestion.

Extreme Milk Chocolate is the only one that I can stand the taste of, but of course it's got more extras to make it taste better.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8346 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using Bulletproof Collagen protein (unflavored) but I’m looking for something a little more substantial to help grow muscles. However, I don’t want stuff with garbage in it like sunflower oil, corn syrup solids, sucralose, stevia, maltodextrin, aspartame or acesulfame potassium. For the first time in my life I’m actually gaining muscle (I’m historically a “hard gainer”) and I’m eating properly and most of this stuff just doesn’t fit into my diet. Any suggestions? Has anyone changed their suggestions since this threads is a couple years old?

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My wife brought home a jug from her work, going to give it a try.

Lists only 6 ingredients:
Pea Protein Isolate
Rice Protein Concentrate
Organic Sugar Free Vanilla Flavor
Guar Gum
Inulin
Organic Stevia Extract

That last one might be a deal breaker, not a fan of the aftertaste of stevia, we'll see how noticeable it is.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15398 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
… Organic Stevia Extract

That last one might be a deal breaker, not a fan of the aftertaste of stevia, we'll see how noticeable it is.
Stevia gives me a raging headache for some reason. Oh, it also tastes horrible. I’m updating my previous post to include it. Thanks.

Posts: 45402 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I’ve been using Bulletproof Collagen protein (unflavored) but I’m looking for something a little more substantial to help grow muscles. However, I don’t want stuff with garbage in it like sunflower oil, corn syrup solids, sucralose, maltodextrin, aspartame or acesulfame potassium. For the first time in my life I’m actually gaining muscle (I’m historically a “hard gainer”) and I’m eating properly and most of this stuff just doesn’t fit into my diet. Any suggestions? Has anyone changed their suggestions since this threads is a couple years old?

Being VLC with intermittent fasting for the past couple of years, I have switched to Fortagen from Jaquish Biomedical. It kind of tastes bad at first but after you get used to the fruit punch flavor it isn't bad. It is pretty expensive.

Check it out here:
https://www.jaquishbiomedical.com/products/fortagen/

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
… Organic Stevia Extract

Stevia gives me a raging headache for some reason. Oh, it also tastes horrible. I’m updating my previous post to include it. Thanks.

I'm definitely not a fan of the taste Stevia gives things, so we'll see if it's masked by whatever else is in it.
Usually I can tell if something is sweetened with Stevia.

We had gotten our kids some Orgain Kids ready-made drinks, they weren't a fan, so I was drinking them. Not bad, but they were on the small side.
May look into the non-kids version next time we're at Costco.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15398 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Munch:
quote:
I’ve been using Bulletproof Collagen protein (unflavored) but I’m looking for something a little more substantial to help grow muscles. However, I don’t want stuff with garbage in it like sunflower oil, corn syrup solids, sucralose, maltodextrin, aspartame or acesulfame potassium. For the first time in my life I’m actually gaining muscle (I’m historically a “hard gainer”) and I’m eating properly and most of this stuff just doesn’t fit into my diet. Any suggestions? Has anyone changed their suggestions since this threads is a couple years old?

Being VLC with intermittent fasting for the past couple of years, I have switched to Fortagen from Jaquish Biomedical. It kind of tastes bad at first but after you get used to the fruit punch flavor it isn't bad. It is pretty expensive.

Check it out here:
https://www.jaquishbiomedical.com/products/fortagen/

Aw, crap. It seemed great until I saw the ingredients. I added Stevia to my no-go list in my post. Thanks.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I use this one. 99% sure that my casein allergy developed from a decade of heavy lifting and whey protein consumption.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7086 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post