SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Burning Man Festival ended with a real "Burning Man"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Burning Man Festival ended with a real "Burning Man" Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
I say many people are sure to follow.

Of course. If one isn’t smart enough to think of some other way of achieving that 15 minutes of fame, copy someone else’s idiocy.

I suspect, though, that it won’t happen again at that festival, because next year there will be more guards on duty, and the “man” will be surrounded by a high chain-link fence.

Hopefully they install a fence to keep the acid tripping patrons away from the flames.

Hopefully they dont. Let Darwin do his work

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's been going on for 31 years, and since 1997 in its current form, with tens of thousands of attendees each year (50-70,000 lately). Seems 99.99999% of them understand and avoid the risk just fine, even after the drugs and whatnot. This guy, not so much. Sucks for him.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paceac:
So did he actually die? The article says it is unknown if he died and that he was airlifted to a burn center.

that's still a long helicopter ride.

Posts: 8183 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he was attempting to find out if he was a dragon..?

Posts: 10828 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

As expected the man was burned alive.

He was burned dead, too.

I wonder what he was on.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32049 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
He burned alive.. He also burned dead too.

No he didn't. the firefighters pulled him out. As of today, he's still alive although I doubt he would make it and even if he does, his future is going to be bleak.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well, at least he died doing what he loved.

LOL x 10

Posts: 13594 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Taking acid and listening to too much Pink Floyd can spark some ill-advised ideas

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17191 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like an awesome festival.

It is an awesome festival, or it was.

Stupidity has turned it into a farce.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course. If one isn’t smart enough to think of some other way of achieving that 15 minutes of fame, copy someone else’s idiocy.

I suspect, though, that it won’t happen again at that festival, because next year there will be more guards on duty, and the “man” will be surrounded by a high chain-link fence.

Hopefully they install a fence to keep the acid tripping patrons away from the flames.

Hopefully they dont. Let Darwin do his work
^^^This. We're better off as a society if these 'individuals' prune themselves from the gene pool.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
He may well be better off dead.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6002 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanksoldier:
quote:
Looks like an awesome festival.

It is an awesome festival, or it was.

Oh yeah. Thousands of bat-shit crazy lefty dopers all gathered in one spot. Awesome. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched a doc a few years ago on Burning Man, where is began, what went into it and what it has evolved into today.

My take away is that, like most things, it started out for the right reasons (for those involved) but, like many things has turned into something it was never meant to be.

I think if I was the guy that ran into the fire I would pray for death as I am sure, if he lives, will be in a lot of pain for a long time

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
“[E]mergency services nobly try to battle their way through in an attempt to rescue him.”

Why? Confused

Exactly, why?

Rescuing someone from a fire is noble.

Trying to rescue someone who intentionally runs into a fire is senseless.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So as I read this, I've changed my mind. At first I agreed with the "why". But now I see we can prolong the fool's pain so its a good thing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
He burned alive.. He also burned dead too.

No he didn't. the firefighters pulled him out. As of today, he's still alive although I doubt he would make it and even if he does, his future is going to be bleak.

His future was bleak before this stunt.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I know a bunch of Rangers and firefighters who work there.
They, and anybody else who witnessed this first hand, will be messed up for a long time.
What a selfish thing to do to a bunch of people who don't deserve to see something like that.
Jerk.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Death for this fella will be a blessing for all concerned.

Posts: 6717 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No fences please. That would be sacrilege !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post