SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Burning Man Festival ended with a real "Burning Man"
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Burning Man Festival ended with a real "Burning Man" Login/Join 
posted
Stunned Burning Man festival-goers watch in horror as man dodges firefighters and rangers to dive into flames of blazing effigy.

As expected the man was burned alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...Nevada-festival.html

[IMG]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09
/03/09/43DB2B3100000578-4848026-
A_Burning_Man_participant_evading_the_attempted
_tackles_of_multi-a-26_1504427167746.jpg[/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
This is why we can't have nice things.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17089 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Posts: 33109 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he died doing what he loved.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Looks like an awesome festival. Not!

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Buh-bye - The species is healthier now...............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Well it's not a sacrifice without a sacrifice.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17568 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Guess he took those "This is your brain..." anti-drug ad campaigns very literally.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, he's a trendsetter.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 13120 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“[E]mergency services nobly try to battle their way through in an attempt to rescue him.”

Why? Confused

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:

After web searching photos from this event, I say many people are sure to follow.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He burned alive.. He also burned dead too.

Crispy Critter

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10755 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Was he wearing his Guy Fawkes mask?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
quote:

Big Grin Big Grin

That's hot!

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he wanted to top the antics from other attendees, but somehow his plan for 15 minutes of fame is somewhat flawed...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
I say many people are sure to follow.

Of course. If one isn’t smart enough to think of some other way of achieving that 15 minutes of fame, copy someone else’s idiocy.

I suspect, though, that it won’t happen again at that festival, because next year there will be more guards on duty, and the “man” will be surrounded by a high chain-link fence.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So did he actually die? The article says it is unknown if he died and that he was airlifted to a burn center.

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I'm sure he wanted to top the antics from other attendees, but somehow his plan for 15 minutes of fame is somewhat flawed...

I think you meant 15 minutes of FLAME

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
I say many people are sure to follow.

Of course. If one isn’t smart enough to think of some other way of achieving that 15 minutes of fame, copy someone else’s idiocy.

I suspect, though, that it won’t happen again at that festival, because next year there will be more guards on duty, and the “man” will be surrounded by a high chain-link fence.

Hopefully they install a fence to keep the acid tripping patrons away from the flames.