SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vienna sausages: tasty treat, or mystery meat?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vienna sausages: tasty treat, or mystery meat? Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Q: What is redneck Surf 'n Turf?

A: One can of Vienna sausages + One can of sardines.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
while walking down the shopping isle today a can of Bourbon BBQ flavored sauce Vienna Sausage jumped off the shelf and into my hand then dropped them into the shopping cart. just finished eating the contents straight out of the can. Will have to get some more for later. this is not a April Fools
Joke..................................... drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
while walking down the shopping isle today a can of Bourbon BBQ flavored sauce Vienna Sausage jumped off the shelf and into my hand then dropped them into the shopping cart. just finished eating the contents straight out of the can. Will have to get some more for later. this is not a April Fools
There are 12 varieties of SPAM . That's right , 12 . Step up your game and live a little .

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
There are 12 varieties of SPAM . That's right , 12 . Step up your game and live a little .
Sorry, I'm not drill sgt but I'll stick with the original version. I don't like flavored potato chips or popcorn, either. I'm a simple guy (really).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Time marches on. There are now 13 different types of spam:

https://newsfeed.time.com/2012...roduced%20for%20Spam's%2075th%20anniversary.

Today, there are 13 different varieties of Spam — classic, less sodium, lite, hot & spicy, Black Pepper, Jalapeño, spread, singles, singles lite, hickory smoke, bacon, cheese, and roasted turkey. The Jalapeño and Black Pepper selections were introduced for Spam’s 75th anniversary.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
You guys are spamming a Vienna Sausage thread.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I voted "Other" as I've only eaten them once in recent years, and really did NOT like the flavor or texture of them whatsoever! I don't have a mutt to feed them to, so that option is out the window.

However, I will not rule them out completely until I've tried your trick of frying them up before eating, so they *might* still be an option! Regarding Spam, I'll eat it fried or straight out of the can; doesn't matter to me (ground worms or not)! Smile

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamerx4:
I can't get past the texture, or rather lack of texture.

No matter how much you cook it, just can't get it to seem like meat.

At least spam can get tough. Spam and Egg with cheese and mayo, good! Salt intake is covered for following week as well.

But, vienna sausages.... no, more like vienna jello.

No, just no for me.

Best description I've heard of them so far... and 100% accurate according to the way I see/taste them! Both on the vienna's and the spam!

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
<<snip>>

SPAM is the Gentleman’s treat. Something to be enjoyed after a game of polo, or perhaps snacked on after the opera. Making a SPAM dinner for that special someone the first time you invite her over says “Yes, I am a Gentleman and I can cook. I may even show you my riding crop”.

Vienna sausages, on the other hand, are the commoner’s food. Best enjoyed at 0300 in the morning when you are coming down from a coke fueled binge of Steven Segal movies and shots of Goldschläger , wondering if you can get the dead hooker out of your bedroom before mom gets off her shift at the Waffle House.

No comparison. SPAM all the way.

Now THAT was just freakin' hilarious!!!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
You guys are spamming a Vienna Sausage thread.

Baaaa-hahahaha!! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when I was 15, my cousin and I were fly-fishing with our Grandpa and stopped by a gas station and we each got a can and a bag of chips. Grandpa didn't say a word. Later that afternoon we took a break and popped the tops and started munching on them and that's when Grandpa had to say something. He asked us if we knew what they were made from and we said no. He told us they were made from "Unborn Critters". That was almost 52 years ago and I've never touched them since !

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
<<snip>>

SPAM is the Gentleman’s treat. Something to be enjoyed after a game of polo, or perhaps snacked on after the opera. Making a SPAM dinner for that special someone the first time you invite her over says “Yes, I am a Gentleman and I can cook. I may even show you my riding crop”.

Vienna sausages, on the other hand, are the commoner’s food. Best enjoyed at 0300 in the morning when you are coming down from a coke fueled binge of Steven Segal movies and shots of Goldschläger , wondering if you can get the dead hooker out of your bedroom before mom gets off her shift at the Waffle House.

No comparison. SPAM all the way.

Now THAT was just freakin' hilarious!!!

Good grief, YES!!! Big Grin

ROTFLMAO!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have heard that a 40oz beer, and can of Vienna sausages makes a good working mans lunch. Not that I ever did that when I used to work! Wink

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Ha!

Big Grin

Didja rinse 'em or straight up outta the can?

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Pop the top, drain the juice, enjoy!

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhh, gotcha Smile

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
<<snip>> I don't like flavored potato chips or popcorn, either. I'm a simple guy (really).

flashguy

You're just a flash in the pan... LOL

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
give me a tube of saltine crackers and a can or two of vienna sausages/ can of soda pop which made for a quick lunch while in the boat while fishing on the bayou/river. Or maybe a can or two of potted meat. Did not know and still do not want to known contents. Sort of like chicken nuggets make up. ................................. drill sgt.

grew up eating the Sausages, hate potted meat, and can tolerate deviled ham,
saltines and a beverage

wife hates the Vienna, but liked potted meat when she was a kid,

my tastes have changed, and they now taste like a gooey pile of salt to me,

we had a cat that absolutely loved the juice, he would follow me around as soon as I popped the can,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread made me smile. My Dad loved Vienna Sausages and Potted Meat. Of course, he would also stand at the kitchen counter spreading Miracle Whip on saltines and eating them. He died las year and I sure miss him.

Posts: 401 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We always looked at Viennas as " survival food " . I worked for Power Companies for 40 years . When you have been out all night and get hungry , somebody was always able to dig under the seat of their truck or in the back of a tool bin and come up with a couple of beat up cans of Vienna Sausage. NEVER check the expiration date . Goes good with warm Gatorade . The good old days ...

Posts: 4058 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post