SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You guys ever read Fahrenheit 451? A lot of this stuff reminds me of the book.
Which was written in 1953....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
She shouldn’t have apologized. She did nothing wrong. Libtards, crazy libtards

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mark dice video is a pure gem. Made my evening watching it. Megyn should have proceeded as if nothing happened.

Posts: 4770 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Her response should have been somewhere between "I'm sorry you feel that way" and "Blow it out your ass"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Word is, show's cancelled....

Megyn Kelly Today

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My "Wife" on Facebook was set to Lafawnduh for a couple of years, years ago.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Her response should have been somewhere between "I'm sorry you feel that way" and "Blow it out your ass"

You know...what a better world we would have if the millions of quickly offended citizens of this country could have the balance of thought and reason of the 80,000+ members of this forum (we've had a small few that are the exception of the rule)...
I kinda lean towards "blow it out your ass"...I've liked her in the past as well as disliked her in the past...but whatever...she said nor did anything wrong in any way.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
In government you can misappropriate a million dollars. If everybody likes you nothing happens. If they hate you they’ll try to terminate you for coming to work :20 late.

They don’t like Megan. It has nothing to do with a blackface.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
FLASHBACK: JIMMY FALLON, JIMMY KIMMEL AND SARAH SILVERMAN ALL WORE BLACKFACE

Megyn Kelly lost her job at NBC within 48 hours of saying it was considered okay when she was a child for white people to put on “blackface” as long as they “were dressing up as a character.” Three popular anti-Trump comedians did much more than simply talk about it — and they are all still employed.

Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman actually dressed in “blackface” themselves at some point during their career.

Kimmel, while the host of Comedy Central’s “The Man Show,” dressed up more than once in blackface makeup, a bald cap and a body suit to portray former Utah Jazz basketball star Karl Malone as an inarticulate, dim-witted person who had difficulty pronouncing words correctly.

While Jimmy Fallon was hosting the Golden Globes in 2017, his Chris Rock impression reminded the producers of the one he did while at Saturday Night Live in 2000 – in blackface.

In 2007, comedian Sarah Silverman donned “the most racist blackface” in a comedy sketch on “The Sarah Silverman Program,” a move she later said she regrets.

Kelly was fired for the following statement made Tuesday:

“What is racist?” said Kelly. “You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Like back when I was a kid it was okay if you were dressing up as a character.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/1...silverman-blackface/

When do they get fired / resign in disgrace?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
Word is, show's cancelled....

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's that faint whistling sound, Crom?

That's the sound of the point, going far over your head.

posted Hide Post
quote:
What's that faint whistling sound, Crom?

That's the sound of the point, going far over your head.

I think there are multiple "points" going on here. Wink

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Many pages ago (it's not worth my time to go back and look for it), the opinion was made that Kelly is "neither left nor right. Megyn Kelly is for Megyn Kelly."

I think that's the truth of the matter. She jumped to NBC after the Fox "scandals" and felt like this was the next rung on her ladder to becoming the next Oprah. Sorry, but it didn't work out that way.

When you lay down with dogs, you rise up with fleas.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
I think there are multiple "points" going on here. Wink
Uh huh

Listen, if you want to dance around this thread and gleefully celebrate her failure, go ahead. Knock yourself out with all the pics you can find on the internet. K?

But you are missing the point. Do you honestly believe that I or anyone else around here gives a shit about this woman? You ain't special in that respect. What you are doing is celebrating a further cowtowing of people in this society to leftist tactics. But you go ahead and post some more pics in this thread and continue to tell us how very happy you are about all of this. Knock yourself the fuck out, k?

Meanwhile, the rest of us will discuss the actual issue at hand.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
For the left, firing Megan Kelly is something like a public whipping: See? This will happen to you if you commit the offense she committed.

Whatever you do for a living, if you are white you need to watch what you say regarding race as vigilantly as if you were dealing with The Red Guard. One slip, even if you say something as bland as what Kelly said, and you will be fired. Disgraced as a racist. If you are male, this is also becoming increasingly true of what you might say about women. If you are a white male, as Senator Hirono advised, just shut up.

This kind of repression is a little taste of what would lie ahead if the left were to take control in America. It's what they always do: lock down speech and thought. Let alone what you might actually say, under Stalin if you just failed to praise the local apparatchik glowingly enough, off you would go to the gulags. Who would do that? If you are paying attention-- watch CNN, MSNBC, read the NYT-- you can see that these people, these leftists in America right now, can't wait to be able to do that.

Kelly couldn't resist taking that gut shot at Trump in the first debate. It seemed like a brilliant career move. She failed to grasp that we are in a life-or-death struggle with would-be totalitarians. When she sidled up to them, she failed to grasp that she would need to march in lock step. Or be destroyed.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Uh huh

Listen, if you want to dance around this thread and gleefully celebrate her failure, go ahead. Knock yourself out with all the pics you can find on the internet. K?

But you are missing the point. Do you honestly believe that I or anyone else around here gives a shit about this woman? You ain't special in that respect. What you are doing is celebrating a further cowtowing of people in this society to leftist tactics. But you go ahead and post some more pics in this thread and continue to tell us how very happy you are about tall of this. Knock yourself the fuck out, k?

Meanwhile, the rest of us will discuss the actual issue at hand.

Irony alert.
You are focusing upon obvious point number 1: THe hypocrisy of the Left. The point that you see, and apparently see as the ONLY point.
You MISTAKENLY assume I am acknowledging same "banal point" about Kelly, personally.
I am actually expressing satisfaction about a higher-level point: The Left has now seemingly admitted that the penalty for any infraction of their PC rules is immediate destruction. It has little to do with Kelly, personally, although I admit that I enjoy seeing Karma played out.
This can now be used against them repeatedly, since EVERYONE eventually commits some act that can be MISconstrued as a PC violation.
The fact that you try to turn this into some personal pissing contest because you don't see the multiple levels is the irony.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get the fuck out of this thread.

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
She had a good run.

Now please just get off the stage and go enjoy your money.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I think this sums up Para's point.

“First they came . . .” by Martin Niemoller

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Para is absolutely right. The "victim," in this case, is of no consequence - the crucial matter at hand is whether we all bow to the liberal god of the moment The midterm elections are a critical turning point for this nation. Apropos:

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post