SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The legal talking heads seem to think that NBC is going to have to pay her the full contract. I'm not in that business so I don't know.
Somehow I think she'll get by, even if she never appears on TV again.
Rappers have a divine right to say just about anything but if you have the wrong DNA, your career could be over for nothing and you'll be publicly shamed.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I hope that lefty bitch doesn't come back to Fox. In fact, I hope she just goes away. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
At the risk of committing an offense, punishable by a lifetime banishment, remember this from "Coming to America"?
Meet Saul the barber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiB9CVDPhAE

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The legal talking heads seem to think that NBC is going to have to pay her the full contract. I'm not in that business so I don't know.

According to this link, an NBC "source" says she will get the entire 69 million because of a non-break contract. Also talk of her returning to FoxNews, but a Fox spokesman stated "we are extremely happy with our entire line-up" Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Fired? Confused
The Alt-Black group is apparently very powerful. Eek

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
black face:

not black face, or else jimmy kimmel would be a racist and we know that isn't the case:

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I've watched the clip once. That's it. Not a damn thing wrong with what she said. The GDC's are making a mountain out of nothing just to pile on because of several reasons. Who said it, to make themselves look noble, etc,etc. Total bullshit. Al Roker and everybody else at the Today show can kiss the head of my dick. Roll Eyes

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
They were looking for any reason to justify killing the show. Not that they couldn’t use the fact that the ratings were in the gutter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Sorry Megyn. The Leftist Gods will not be satisfied with an apology.
A blood sacrifice is the only thing that will quiet the volcano, at least for a while.

This is our world now. Dare to mention anything regarding the black population and expect to be tossed into the volcano.
Don’t even bother denying you’re a racist. They KNOW you are.
You’re white, you’re rich. Therefore, you’re the enemy.

Her biggest mistake was groveling for forgiveness.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Would you not defend someone you did not like if they were being ganged up on and bullied??

Well, that depends. How many times have I seen this hypothetical person join in ganging up on and bullying someone else? How many times have I seen that hypothetical person get paid to join in ganging up on and bullying someone else? And how many times have I heard that hypothetical someone claim that being a part of a group of people that ganged up on and bullied someone else, whether there was in fact any justification for doing so or not, is "just doing" that hypothetical person's "job"?

Context does matter sometimes.

Okay, I will give you that. ^^

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Beyond ridiculous. People have lost their cotton picking minds.

Just for the heck of it, you're not allowed to say "cotton picking" anymore, either. A Trump aid got in trouble for using that term on Fox a few months ago, and was forced to apologize.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's ridiculous, this particular "controversy".

It seems they were just looking for an excuse to can her.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:

Just watched the original comment and the apology. Here's how the apology should have gone:

"Good morning, I want to start the show with two words. I'm sorry.

"I'm sorry that some people are so offended at the slightest perceived offense when none was intended.

"I'm sorry that some people are so tied to racial and political 'correctness' that a simple children's, or for that matter, adult's, Halloween costume can cause such divisiveness. I'm sorry for all those children who want to dress up as, say, Black Panther or Superman for Halloween but whose skin happens to be the wrong color based on the so-called 'rules' set by the PC police.

"And finally and most of all, I'm sorry that so many people can't tell the difference between a simple event, of whatever type, and truly racist actions. When everything is perceived by the PC police as racist, it reduces our ability to combat those things that truly are. For those who can't see or refuse to understand this, I'm sorry."

"And now, moving on to today's show..."

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would have been entertaining to see her go out with her boots on.

Instead she cried, apologized, then gathered up her black friends (to prove she's not racist) to have a heartfelt talk about the subject Roll Eyes

She may have even been able to change some conservative minds about her had she indeed said "just blow it out your ass"

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:

Just watched the original comment and the apology. Here's how the apology should have gone:

"I'm sorry that some people are so offended at the slightest perceived offense when none was intended.

"I'm sorry that some people are so tied to racial and political 'correctness' that a simple children's, or for that matter, adult's, Halloween costume can cause such divisiveness. I'm sorry for all those children who want to dress up as, say, Black Panther or Superman for Halloween but whose skin happens to be the wrong color based on the so-called 'rules' set by the PC police.

"And finally and most of all, I'm sorry that so many people can't tell the difference between a simple event, of whatever type, and truly racist actions. When everything is perceived by the PC police as racist, it reduces our ability to combat those things that truly are. For those who can't see or refuse to understand this, I'm sorry."

"And now, moving on to today's show..."
Or...this version.

"I'm sorry that some people are mentally retarded. Each of you know who you are, and that's your cross to bear, not mine.

I'm not sorry for anything I said yesterday, as my comments where not offensive in any way to anyone with a functioning brain stem.

I'm not sorry my comments caused anguish to people so hopelessly moronic they will never be anything more than a replaceable cog in the lunatic mob.

Happy Halloween, and let's see what we can find to offend you with today."

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by murphman:
quote:
Beyond ridiculous. People have lost their cotton picking minds.

Just for the heck of it, you're not allowed to say "cotton picking" anymore, either. A Trump aid got in trouble for using that term on Fox a few months ago, and was forced to apologize.

Yes, I was being facetious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmnnnn ... she got 4 pages of attention here.

#stoptakingthebait

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

#stoptakingthebait

Well, I'd say that the attention is more about the innocuous nature of what she said and the silly, illogical response to it than who actually said it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Or...this version.

"I'm sorry that some people are mentally retarded. Each of you know who you are, and that's your cross to bear, not mine.

I'm not sorry for anything I said yesterday, as my comments where not offensive in any way to anyone with a functioning brain stem.

I'm not sorry my comments caused anguish to people so hopelessly moronic they will never be anything more than a replaceable cog in the lunatic mob.

Happy Halloween, and let's see what we can find to offend you with today."

Yep, that works, too!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

#stoptakingthebait

Well, I'd say that the attention is more about the innocuous nature of what she said and the silly, illogical response to it than who actually said it.

She won’t stand up for herself - so I don’t give a crap. It’s NBC, owned by Comcast. I expect nothing different. Do you?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post