SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
While chilling it is expected anymore, I am not sure why she thought she was going "sorry" her way out of it, her show has not been received well and then this....I am sure the network know what they were going to do before her show was over. They let her apologize then canned her....I would like to see one person come out AND DOUBLE DOWN just to see everyone's head explode.

Agree, but she is doing damage control for her future endeavors. She probably new she was done in this gig.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post

They went full retard

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Yet I bet everyone of the whiny little bitches that got upset about this have the DVD movie White Girls in their collection.

You know, where the two black guys lighten up their skin and run around acting like stereotypical white women.

That's ok right? Funny even.

I'd love to see Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pratt do a movie where they're cops who have to go undercover as two black women.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Yet I bet everyone of the whiny little bitches that got upset about this have the DVD movie White Girls in their collection.

You know, where the two black guys lighten up their skin and run around acting like stereotypical white women.

That's ok right? Funny even.

I'd love to see Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pratt do a movie where they're cops who have to go undercover as two black women.

The screeching from the PC crowd would most likely cause permanent ear damage.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

'nuff said!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Wait ‘til they find out about Amos ‘n Andy.

And old movies with Eddie Cantor and Al Jolson and Bing Crosby....all in blackface.

Christmas time movies will soon roll around with "Holiday Inn" and Crosby in blackface.

Wonder if the PC idiots can handle that?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I didn't hear a fireable offense in her comments. I think in this day and age, if the leftist twitter mob doesn't like you their goal is to feign outrage, get you to cave and apologize and then get you fired.

I think if you can hold fast for 48 hours of their feigned outrage, they will move on to someone else as they have the attention span of a gnat.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
More from Mark Dice:

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Megyn's apology strikes me as pure BS. The apology is much worse than what she said.
Just trying to save her job...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's all about power, not outrage. If they can make you frightened about every word you speak-- as they succeeded in doing with her-- they can make you frightened about every thought you have. First you can't speak, then you can't think. Then they win.

The response needs to be: Go fuck yourself! Watch Donald Trump and learn how to defeat political correctness, with all their outrage and scolding. Fuck off! Blow it out your ass!

Imagine if Ms. Kelly had said that! "Oh, blow it out your ass!" Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just researched and watched several versions of her "offending" comment and her apology. Wow. Let me start with saying...I dont care one way or another about the woman. She isnt even scenery in my world....HOWEVER, its a real issue when someone shares their opinion and is immediately and viciously attacked for that opinion. Especially if it is quite innocent.

Who cares what people dress up for for Halloween?? But for saying its Ok for whites to dress as a black person you get lambasted and fired??? There is a bigger overall problem here IMO. And lets not overlook the medias report of her "blackface" comments. She didnt say anything about blackface, she said she didnt see the problem with this woman dressing as Dianna Ross.....So the left are eating their own now, great. Problem is, the PC crowd is out of control and needs to be put in their place once and for all. Love Megan Kelley or hate her, whats happening to her is wrong and for people to let it just happen and not stand up is wrong, just wrong.

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If NBC used this non-event as a pretext to get her out the door, that's the only thing about any of this that makes sense.

When I heard about the "outrage" this was my first thought. NBC has been looking for a way out of her contract for a while now, they are just using this incident to do it.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's all about power, not outrage. If they can make you frightened about every word you speak-- as they succeeded in doing with her-- they can make you frightened about every thought you have. First you can't speak, then you can't think. Then they win.

The response needs to be: Go fuck yourself! Watch Donald Trump and learn how to defeat political correctness, with all their outrage and scolding. Fuck off! Blow it out your ass!

Her next job might have been at the Whitehouse.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
As far as I'm concerned, I'd tell her to f'-off. She burned her bridges. Maybe she can become a rock jock at some radio station in northern Alaska.

This is ridiculous. It sounds like someone is either right all of the time with you or wrong all of the time with you.

Would you not defend someone you did not like if they were being ganged up on and bullied??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Even assuming Kelly is wrong, and that saying it is okay to dress in blackface is a sin of some sort (which is a long stretch, since it is all a matter of very subjective opinion and "I am offended" politics), is it something you fire someone over?

Cowards.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
I don't think she said anything offensive. I do think she was wrong about it ever being ok. But this isn't something she should have been fired over.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If NBC used this non-event as a pretext to get her out the door, that's the only thing about any of this that makes sense.

When I heard about the "outrage" this was my first thought. NBC has been looking for a way out of her contract for a while now, they are just using this incident to do it.

Yeah, I'm sure NBC had a hard-on for awhile to get Kelly off the network since her original show failed miserably. A superstar salary and dismal ratings. Can't trade her back to Fox, she's Kryptonite as far as they're concerned.

She has joined washed-up Hillary, Obama, CNN, and dead McCain as collateral damage from the I-Hate-Trump-Club. See Megyn, if you played nice with Trump, all would have been swell.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Would you not defend someone you did not like if they were being ganged up on and bullied??

Well, that depends. How many times have I seen this hypothetical person join in ganging up on and bullying someone else? How many times have I seen that hypothetical person get paid to join in ganging up on and bullying someone else? And how many times have I heard that hypothetical someone claim that being a part of a group of people that ganged up on and bullied someone else, whether there was in fact any justification for doing so or not, is "just doing" that hypothetical person's "job"?

Context does matter sometimes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

+1000. All she did was give them power with the apology. F.O.! Would have been a much better response. Better yet, ignore it entirely and move on. The libtards in general and the hollyweird libtards in specific have totally lost their minds. It is time to ignore them beyond giving them the same attention you’d give a somewhat sketchy looking homeless person. If it becomes necessary to defend yourself physically, be prepared to fight like a cornered cat. If they are just flapping their gums, ignore them.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
One cannot compromise with nor make a policy of compromising with the Left. Perhaps she'll learn that finally. I think she betrayed the one who brought her to prom for a fancier date. Now the latter betrayed her.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post