SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Megyn Kelly Reportedly OUT At NBC After 'Blackface' Comments Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I'll bet she's got blood coming out of her eyes......and other places.....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarTraveler:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:

Her biggest mistake was groveling for forgiveness.

Just watched the original comment and the apology. Here's how the apology should have gone:

"Good morning, I want to start the show with two words. I'm sorry.

"I'm sorry that some people are so offended at the slightest perceived offense when none was intended.

"I'm sorry that some people are so tied to racial and political 'correctness' that a simple children's, or for that matter, adult's, Halloween costume can cause such divisiveness. I'm sorry for all those children who want to dress up as, say, Black Panther or Superman for Halloween but whose skin happens to be the wrong color based on the so-called 'rules' set by the PC police.

"And finally and most of all, I'm sorry that so many people can't tell the difference between a simple event, of whatever type, and truly racist actions. When everything is perceived by the PC police as racist, it reduces our ability to combat those things that truly are. For those who can't see or refuse to understand this, I'm sorry."

"And now, moving on to today's show..."

Amen!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
TMZ says the contract was for $25 mil per year.

3 years firm

1 year and 10 months to go

Her lawyer will call NBC tomorrow and demand the full remaining salary.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/25/...ettlement-blackface/

from the article:

We're told Freedman's case is that Kelly was targeted early on after she made critical remarks about Matt Lauer on her show after he was fired for sexual harassment. Lauer was well-liked at NBC, and the staff and talent became royally pissed off at Kelly because they felt she was attacking Lauer "with glee."

Our sources say Kelly believes her comments about NBC News Chairman Andy Lack pissed off Lack and other brass, and they had it out for her.

As for ending the relationship over her blackface comment, Kelly and Freedman will argue she was treated with gross unfairness, pointing to a town hall meeting Wednesday where NBC talent, including Al Roker, blasted her and she wasn't invited to defend herself.

They also point to other NBC talent that got a pass for insensitive comments, such as Joy Reid, who made homophobic comments but was never punished.

And, TMZ can confirm, attorney Freedman sent an email to Lack saying he wanted a face-to-face to discuss a settlement and wanted Ronan Farrow in the room. Farrow is about to release a book highly critical of NBC and the way it handled his Harvey Weinstein reporting. NBC shut that request down.

We're told the showdown between NBC brass and Freedman will go down Friday during a phone call.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

a lot depends on the exact contract wording re "3 years firm"

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's like trying to decide whether to save the methhead or the crackwhore, if both were drowning while engulfed in flames. It's tempting just to stand by and YouTube it instead.

But by a narrow margin she's the smaller piece of shit in this case.

Here, crackwhore... (throws her a greasy strand of fishing line to grab hold of).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Aww poor baby. Karma's a bitch isn't it Megyn? Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Riddance to this pandering nit-wit. No loss at all, if fact I'm glad she got a taste of what the left does!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So fucking stupid. She said nothing that would upset any reasonable person. Leftists are upset about everything, all the time.

I re-watched the segment, and I agree. It was basically if you dress as a different race because it's part of a character, what's wrong with that? I'm just wondering if NBC wasn't just looking for an excuse to get rid of her and sure hope Fox doesn't take her back.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Rules 4 and 13.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
She always came off as holier than thou in my opinion.
Fuck her...I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire to put the flames out.
But, she didn't say anything that should have got her fired as her own shitty show was enough for that to happen.
I find it amazing that the whole country always has to take crap for 13% of the population.

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Good Riddance to this pandering nit-wit. No loss at all, if fact I'm glad she got a taste of what the left does!

I haven't watched her in years, the last brief time was when Trump won on election night. Seems she has such blind, idiotic ambition, a person that burns bridges constantly. She basically brought the "war on women" agenda against Trump, seemingly obsessed with sex and Trump. All of this priming herself for a jump to mainstream media, and to her surprise, nobody in liberal land liked her, including viewers and especially her co-workers. I can't imagine going to work perhaps knowing you're not doing well in the job, and everybody hating your guts for earning top dollar. Hell, Fox will not take her back, Hannity, Carlson, Pirro can not stand her.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You feel sorry for Megyn?

She is going to make $69 million dollars. An interesting number, isn't it? I wonder exactly how they chose $69 million?

Now she doesn't even have to come to work. No more fighting New Yawk City traffic. Just sit at home and watch direct deposit work it's magic. No more dieting, no more hair stylists. Boy they were really unfair to her at NBC.

If I were in charge at NBC, I would have ole Megy show up every day at o dark thirty and stay until the evening rush hour is over, at about 8PM, and she would do a 15 second live segment every half hour, in blackface, with her hair in curlers, about the human defecation crisis in each of the five boroughs.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
they papa johnned her.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:

She is going to make $69 million dollars. An interesting number, isn't it? I wonder exactly how they chose $69 million?

IIRC, $23 million per year for 3 years.

Maybe she could do hurricane reporting live with Geraldo.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Big Grin

I'd actually tune in for that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

IIRC, $23 million per year for 3 years.

Her kind are self destructive. She will find a way to fuck it up.

Normal folks like me?

Take the cash and run. Hand off a few for family members that deserve it. Then start to disappear.

Hire some data guy to help along with lawyers and accountants (have to include them. My mom is scary smart on this shit)

Soon, just fade off.

Her? Don't recognize the gift and expose youself to all th crap=reap the rewards dummy.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Her getting canned is karma, but I hate the basis for her canning. I agree that she said nothing wrong. As far as I am concerned, this is another win for stupidity.

Posts: 8624 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Her getting canned is karma, but I hate the basis for her canning. I agree that she said nothing wrong. As far as I am concerned, this is another win for stupidity.

Indeed

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today's local paper had this front page article about a 1st grade teacher who dressed up as - gasp - a black character from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. The link has photos of the horrible teacher wearing - gasp - blackface.

https://qctimes.com/news/daven...46-32a247c9ee01.html

Davenport district investigates teacher who wore blackface to Halloween party

Linda Cook
lcook@qctimes.com
Oct 24, 2018 Updated 7 hrs ago

The Davenport School District is investigating a first-grade teacher who appeared Friday night at a public Halloween party dressed in blackface.

Walcott Elementary teacher Megan Luloff was part of a group dressed as characters from the movie “Napoleon Dynamite” at the Friday night "Boos Bash" at the Walcott American Legion.

Luloff was Lafawnduh, a character who is black. She declined comment.

“The wearing of blackface is never appropriate in any circumstance by any person,” Superintendent Art Tate said in an email. “The issue is under investigation by the district.”

The incident occurred as the district is under state supervision because a disproportionate number of minority students have been identified for special education and subject to disciplinary actions. Sandy Schmitz, the implementation adviser assigned to Davenport schools by the state Department of Education, has said there is "data to suggest they're just treated differently in several areas."

Linda Hayes, vice president for the board, serves as liaison for the district’s disproportionality initiatives. “I cannot clearly articulate how offensive and appalling it is to people of color,” she said. “In light of our recent developments within the district, this was in very poor taste, not to mention totally out of line with regard to professionalism.

“We are working very hard with professionals from across the country and within the state to assist with the problem of disproportionality, and one of our own is fueling the fire with blatant racism," Hayes said. “All I can say is it's very sad, and totally unacceptable."

For many African Americans, "Depictions like these deliver messages of fear and trauma, evoking images from another movie: the racially propagandized 1915 movie 'Birth of a Nation,' in which black people are criminalized, humiliated, and lynched," said Betty C. Andrews, president of the Iowa-Nebraska NAACP Conference of Branches.

"The revelation that the woman in blackface is a teacher who is expected to provide a safe and equitable classroom environment for all children is very disconcerting," Andrews said. "Equally as upsetting is that the people around her also seem to be celebrating her appearance. This is not the Iowa that should be a field of dreams for all of us. "

The school board issued a statement:

"The district was very recently made aware of these images of a district employee at a non-school related event, and an internal investigation is currently ongoing. The board does not condone the insensitivity these images depict and is very disappointed something like this is now connected to our school community.

"The district strives to provide a quality education enriched by our diverse community, in a fair and supportive environment for all," the statement continues. "The images run counter to the respect, values, and beliefs the district promotes and should not be a reflection on the District as a whole."

"This situation is not taken lightly by any member of the board. The district will determine how to best address the matter after further investigation," the statement concluded.

"It's sad," said Vera Kelly, president of the MetroCom NAACP Unit 4019, Davenport. "It takes me back to when I was a little girl. You would think people wouldn't have that type of mindset now."

Toby Paone, union representative and UniServ director at Iowa State Education Association, said the union does not comment on personnel matters. He added an investigation would involve an interview with the teacher and possibly other people at the party, especially any district employees.

The district then would weigh evidence and determine whether it was a founded or unfounded complaint. If unfounded, the matter ends there. If founded, disciplinary action could follow, Paone said.

"With every stroke of her make-up puff she had the opportunity to rethink her decision to show up like this, to measure it in the context of history," Andrew said. "She didn't."

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I do not. I don't care for her one single bit. AFAIC, this isn't about her, really.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many members may not remember this 1993 incident that does not seem to have caused major damage to Danson's career.

https://www.rogerebert.com/rog...palls-crowd-at-roast

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post