SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What not to say at the Thanksgiving Dinner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to say at the Thanksgiving Dinner Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
When did the tether get removed?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8139 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walk in the Front Door and holler "what DIED in here?."

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Lmao
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
"Spread those legs so I can get at the good stuff!"

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I feel ill… or I am ill…

Tends to ripple through a dining room like ice cold Rocky Mountain water in the Madison River.

Edith, it’s the BIG ONE!

Can easily be misunderstood.

Where’d that dirty diaper go?

Often provokes a rush into another room, or outdoors.

DRINK UP!! BOOZE IS FREE!!

You will not be invited there again.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Let's Dance! Everybody do the Turkey Trot!!!! There better be lots of toilet paper this year!!

Oh you brought the bird? I got the bird for you! (Gives Finger Salute).

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
For myself, nothing. It's best for me to say absolutely nothing except please and thank you. My wife and daughters don't want to hear anything from dear old dad, since he doesn't really know anything of consequence not having anything to with the really important and fascinating things that make the world go around, like the hard sciences, physics, cryptography, politics, geology, the economy, you know, the really interesting stuff of Thanksgiving conversations. I don't get it. This year I'm making a special effort. So this Thanksgiving will be all about girl conversations. Esp since I'll be the only Male in the house except for the Dog, who is smitten with female baby talk, and had his nads removed when it really counted.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8702 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
True story, from my family. Unfortunately I missed Thanksgiving that year, didn't go home.

One of my brothers was busted on a solicitation charge. So when he got to my mom's at Thanksgiving, his twin greeted him with "Hi, John!" I'm told that once the air was cleared and it blew over (I'm sure there's a pun in there somewhere), the rest of the day was good.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Oh, you've put on weight.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1906 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16255 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think the Lions are going all the way this year.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
what a pretty baby - did you ever figure out who the father is?

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I brought a pound of limburger for the cheese sauce!

Screw football, let's watch the Star Wars Christmas Special!

Lutefisk pate for everyone!

Are your kids still losers?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5967 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always find that calling the new husband/wife by the old husband/wife’s name is a crowd pleaser.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
"Spread those legs so I can get at the good stuff!"

BrahahahaHhaha

If that wasn't a quote from Cousin Eddie in "National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Dinner",
It should have been.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'll take the slice off the grundle.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Pull my finger.
(thanks for the tip Bald1)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Damn it, I hate when my Hemorrhoids start itching and burning at the dinner table.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
How come the toilet is not flushing?

As a former Plumber I find this hilarious... Now.

Not so much back in the day when I was the one who got the "emergency" call on a holiday to fix it!

Strange... I never once got invited in to join them for their meal after spending a hour or more rodding out their sewer line. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"Did I sit at the wrong table?" (Line from a buffet ad when dad sees his family only eating selected parts of the feast.)

I am fortunate to have been invited to a friend's home for the Thanksgiving meal. I've eaten with them several times in the past. I take a small gift (2 cobalt glass tumblers from my collection) and this year will also take my "famous" fruit salad.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“I brought over a big bottle of ketchup since you did not have any in your fridge at last year’s Thanksgiving dinner.”

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post