SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What not to say at the Thanksgiving Dinner
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What not to say at the Thanksgiving Dinner Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
What’s the status of ____ (insert “favorite” relative) DUI/Divorce etc.

Posts: 12512 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t say anything bad, my pastor is cooking dinner!

Posts: 1565 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Has this turkey been in the freezer since Thanksgiving last year?????? ............ drill sgt.

Posts: 2053 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
“Please pass the mac n cheese” <shudders>

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5411 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4077 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Ok, post-Xgiving social score report: I said I'd keep my mouth shut during Xgiving because of the wife and daughters not wanting to listen to dear old dad, and... it worked. I mostly kept quiet, ate my dinner, said please and thank you mostly, and didn't bring up any stories or talk about anything much.

BUT, both daughters brought their fiances, and those guys wanted to talk to me a little, so I successfully engaged them without talking about anything that raised any hackles with the wimmins, so I think I'm still good on that score.

My wife isn't up yet, but we'll see what she thinks how it went yesterday, if she doesn't say anything about my Thanksgiving performance yesterday, I should be in the clear.

Yippie, Ha !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8756 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Ok, post-Xgiving social score report: I said I'd keep my mouth shut during Xgiving because of the wife and daughters not wanting to listen to dear old dad, and... it worked. I mostly kept quiet, ate my dinner, said please and thank you mostly, and didn't bring up any stories or talk about anything much.

BUT, both daughters brought their fiances, and those guys wanted to talk to me a little, so I successfully engaged them without talking about anything that raised any hackles with the wimmins, so I think I'm still good on that score.

My wife isn't up yet, but we'll see what she thinks how it went yesterday, if she doesn't say anything about my Thanksgiving performance yesterday, I should be in the clear.

Yippie, Ha !

Observing my sister in laws interaction with her husband yesterday, my comment may apply to you or maybe universally: "The best husband is a wife"

Posts: 7520 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nice, Ha !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8756 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post