SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vivek Ramaswamy on Shawn Ryan
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vivek Ramaswamy on Shawn Ryan Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
This is the first long form interview I've watched with Vivek. I'm impressed. As things stand, he would have my vote. Breath of fresh air to hear a politician speak plainly and give direct answers and solutions. I think Vivek is our guy.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3607 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Jordan Peterson interview is good, a real deep-dive. What I really love about Peterson is that he knows how to listen and not interrupt- something which the cable new talking heads seem to not comprehend. Granted, they are working in commercial TV and with greater constraints on time, but their inability to allow someone they are (supposedly) interviewing to finish their thoughts is egregious.

Posts: 107735 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’ve listened to a little bit of it and it’s good so far. I read somewhere he’s angling for a VP spot under Trump. That makes sense the way he navigated talking about Trump’s mistakes during his presidency.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those two would be formidable in charge of turning our country in the right direction.

Posts: 3601 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Some here seem skeptical for some reason. I like the dude. Seems smart, honest, humble, etc. He impress's me. I still think DJT needs to kaatn. But this guy could be a huge help to move our country out of the deep dark hole these crooks have placed us in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He says all of the right things. He is prudent with his contrast. He doesn't attack to distinguish himself from the rest. That is a most attractive characteristic. Chris Christie is the opposite. He attacks like a child compensating for a lack of message and principles. Vivek may not be the man of the hour, but he is on the radar. He may even be sharper than Jordan Petersen.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29732 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like the guy. He is my Goldilocks VP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
He is the first person to explain to me WTF is going on with the wokeplosion that has infected every fiber of our lives. His explanation is clear and correct. And the solution is only to be had from the top. This can't be ignored. We're already left without choices as it's jammed and rammed into every product we buy, every movie that's made. And I presume, ALL THROUGH THE SCHOOLS.

Posts: 11396 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
He's ChatGPTs version of a candidate. He's talked about how he's running in order to weaken DeSantis, Giuliani is saying how he's a great addition to the campaign, alluding to him actively working for the Trump campaign, and now he's going off talking about feds being on board the planes on 9/11. He says whatever he thinks will get him the best feedback in the moment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobtheelf,

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He may be the most intelligent POTUS candidate in my lifetime. Whether that translates into electoral success is another matter. I listened to the JP interview the other day and was really impressed. I could be very happy with him as our candidate if Trump isn’t.

Posts: 8962 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Flavor of the month to weaken Trump. Here's another view.

https://theconservativetreehou...tpp-trade-agreement/

Vivek Ramaswamy Aligns with McConnell, DeSantis, Club for Growth and Wall Street Promoting U.S. to Reenter TPP Trade Agreement

FTA:

The multilateral trade agreement known as the Transpacific Partnership (TPP), is a massive pacific rim trade agreement favored by Wall Street, the US Chamber of Commerce, Club for Growth, Ron DeSantis (voted to approve) and now candidate Vivek Ramaswamy.

President Trump famously took the U.S. out of the TPP agreement around the same time he took us out of the Paris Climate Agreement. As noted by President Trump and his economic team at the time, Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) are beneficial to the USA when they are bilateral between the U.S. and another singular nation. Multinational trade agreements end up serving the interests of the least common denominator nation and are detrimental in their finished outcome to U.S. consumers.

Wall Street loves multinational trade agreements because they provide greater flexibility for the profit opportunities of global corporations, multinational corporations and banks. However, Main Street USA suffers from lost manufacturing jobs, lowered overall wages, and cheap imported durable goods that are an outcome of the lowest cost manufacturing priority.

During a Twitter spaces discussion yesterday presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy said he was in favor of reengaging the U.S. in the TPP trade agreement. This is a non-starter for any America First economic platform.

“I think we should re-enter it,” Ramaswamy said to Musk about 94 minutes into the conversation on Twitter. “I think this is a little bit different than what, you know, the course of action taken by Trump in exiting the TPP [Trans-Pacific Partnership]. I think that was actually a poor decision.” (link)

This should be a disqualifying position for any consideration in the Trump administration...

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some here seem skeptical for some reason.

I'm naturally a bit skeptical of slick-talking new comers. I prefer a track record over hearing what I want to hear.
The jury is still out on Vivek.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24176 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Alright, good to have specifics. Thanks guys. More info is better. Appreciate it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I like what I hear from Vivek, and although I don’t agree with everything I think that perfect is the enemy of good enough.

However, talk is cheap. We’ve all seen at some point in our lives someone who makes the right sounds with their mouth but fails to follow through with actions.

One of the things that made President Trump so attractive to me is he actually had the balls to follow words with bold actions. One small example of this (but happens to be in my wheelhouse) was his decision to kill Solemani. Starting with Bush there’s been this weird resistance to punch back against the Iranians. They did terrible things to us in the early days of Iraq… kidnapping & murdering US soldiers, Sadr city escapades, etc. Yet it was US policy orthodoxy that we couldn’t do anything serious militarily or we’d spark a wider war. I cannot overstate how mind-blown & confounded many experienced generals were when Trump ordered that strike. I was 100% in support, do bold things! Who Dares Wins and all that. Turns out Trump was right. Iran tossed some TBMs at us and I was part of that thing, but ultimately they lost their nerve to escalate.

Bottom line, I like Vivek and I like that he makes the phony RINO candidates uncomfortable. And if he actually followed through with dissolving the FBI I’d be elated. But again, talk is cheap and I’ll be supporting Mr Trump.

Posts: 2405 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Some here seem skeptical for some reason.

Well, there is some reason for this. And I was, and to a certain extent still am, interested in him as a politician. Yes, he checks all of the boxes for a lot of MAGA/conservative stuff. Trump likes him, and he is careful not to attack Trump. He comes off as intelligent, personable, and is very good in interviews and the campaign trail. I like the guy.

But some things to think about- until recently, he has never been a political animal, hell he didn't vote in most of the elections in the last 20 years. He literally came out of nowhere. He has made his fortune in pharma, perhaps one of the slimiest industries in the world. He was associated with the Soros Foundation in his post grad fellowship. His current take on policies, whether with increased legal immigration, cutting off support to Israel, re-entering the TTP agreement, etc. are things I eye with a little bit of suspicion.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
He is the first person to explain to me WTF is going on with the wokeplosion that has infected every fiber of our lives. His explanation is clear and correct. And the solution is only to be had from the top. This can't be ignored. We're already left without choices as it's jammed and rammed into every product we buy, every movie that's made. And I presume, ALL THROUGH THE SCHOOLS.
Probably because he wrote a book on the topic 2 years ago.
https://www.amazon.com/Woke-In...ustice/dp/1546090789

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Holy cats I dislike the term ’woke’. It’s the wrong conjugation for the application. It tells me all I need to know about the people who generated the movement.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29732 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Liking this guy more and more. I hope he's not got any skeletons. You know the Dems are working frantically to dig some up.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I like him, too, but he has nowhere near the background and savvy to deal with foreign trade and leaders, foreign policy, domestic economics as Trump. As president Trump brought one helluva lot to the table.

Posts: 2790 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Liking this guy more and more. I hope he's not got any skeletons. You know the Dems are working frantically to dig some up.

Personally, unless he is a serial killer or pedophile, I don't give a rats ass about his past.

The Democratic party is chock full of career criminals and nobody bats an eye! Just look at President Creeper. He's the fucking perv king and they bought him the damn office.

Posts: 5156 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post