SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Did You Score For Fathers Day?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Did You Score For Fathers Day? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Me, a $25 gift certificate to local craft brewer (Sly Fox) and this by Weber, which I love. I'm done with the regular rectangular brush type as these work so much better:

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Vertx shorts. Dang hot these days.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13087 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

plus some cigars, and a good day with family

Posts: 24233 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Son stopped by with a Big Steak and a six pack of my favorite beer.

Nothing super fancy but something I enjoyed.

Posts: 925 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hugs, kisses, and handmade cards from the kiddos. And a 220k BTU propane burner for outdoor fish frys, crab boils, canning, and eventually home brewing.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
A Nice bottle of Woodford's Reserve Double Oak..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9088 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Calls from both sons, the best gift possible.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I was allowed to take 2 naps!!!!

Posts: 2913 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I got my car washed and taken out to lunch at my favorite burger place. That and lots of hugs from my kids. Smile

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Have known about it for a few weeks, but have a pair of F1 USGP tickets on the way!

As for the day, we saw Cars 3 & had a nice dinner.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15981 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have it pretty good most days.

This Father's day I woke up early to take my BIL, niece and nephew to the airport. (Good guy and good kids, I was happy to do it.) then came back home to take my kids and their friend out for a day of lakeside relaxing on the water toys. I came in to light the grill and cook up some burgers and dogs for the family.

My mom and dad came by and I got to enjoy a beer with my dad while watching the sun set.

I'm sure there are days that are both better and worse. That day was just <nice>. Happy kids making happy kid noises, family, and some time with my pop. I'm enjoying it more just writing about it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I scored two phone calls,from sons.
Several more from friends and two from the associates at rac-trac +free coffee.

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Amazon Alexa dot thingy (yeah, it's technical and whatnot, boys, don't hurt yer noodle tryin ta keep up).

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Calls from both sons, the best gift possible.

Yep, and the World's Cutest Granddaughters.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Trip to Philly (well it was already planned, but did fall over Father's day weekend) and a new hat!

Posts: 1701 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
A new electric razor and some books

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Well I ended up with a little rare free time late in the morning. Hopped on the motorcycle and cruised the neighborhood for garage sales.

Found a native American picture of a salmon. It's a copper cut relief, matted and framed with the artist signature. Glass was dirty, but cleaned up real fine. Pretty special score for $3 on fathers day.

cheers~

Posts: 921 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Calls from both daughters and then bought myself an auxiliary fuel tank for the truck.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
First edition of a Stephen King book.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12670 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
S&W Shield 45 for $229 after rebate. Just what I wanted. Wink

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post