SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Did You Score For Fathers Day?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Did You Score For Fathers Day? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My wife took me to a local 85c Bakery for breakfast. I hadn't heard of them but they are a Taiwanese based company that specializes in fancy pastries, cakes, savory and sweet bread creations for the common folk. Plus some top notch coffee. Extremely reasonable prices. My favorite was a spicy sausage roll with cheese and sriracha.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
The daughter in law got a ride for my son and me in a beautifully restored C-47, the old Gooney Bird. It was special for us because my dad was an Army Air Force pilot in WWII. He flew them and the C-46. I know he would have enjoyed the flight.

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel

Posts: 1018 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Lobstah! And some smoked salmon. Yum!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15489 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
A shirt given to me that I had bought for to be given to myself, of course.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Amazon card, which I used for golf gloves. And calls from the boys (now men).

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stihl B50 blower. Yeah!

P229

Posts: 3946 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I'd remarked during the first cooking-out session at our new place that I needed a table or something to go beside the grill - attentive ears were listening! Got a small outdoor chair and table set, an outdoor storage caddy, as well as a book and a thermos. And a fine meal with the whole gang at my favorite Mexican restaurant - I am blessed!

Don't know that I can call it truly a Father's Day gift, but I did score a nearly-new Andrews Monarch shoulder holster last week - now to get it adjusted haha! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Calls from the kids. Spent the morning shooting USPSA match with my dad watching, lunch with dad, long nap. Oh and did I mention, a Sig MPX carbine!!! Razz

Posts: 2007 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Dinner at a fine Texas steak house and a nice shirt and shorts outfit.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Got to grill steaks, chicken and hot dogs for my son, daughter, wife and grand kids. Received a book on cooking chile peppers, a little book on Alphabet cats, a Pflueger President spinning reel, fishing tackle and hugs and kisses all round.

Posts: 5748 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Had to work 6P-6A that day and the day before, but in the afternoon before work I got to spend some time with my kids down at the lake, helped the little ones swim. Got the canoe out and caught a few bass with my 9 year-old. Pretty decent day for a work day.

Posts: 9188 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
1 Year of Amazon Prime, A great lunch and dinner at my favorite restaurants. A fantastic day from my Son.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2124 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
A 40v B&D hedge trimmer and weed whip. Now to find the wherewithall to go with it.

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Two Arctic Cool shirts, a gift card, a new Shotshell belt, and a new iPhone 6s Plus.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
My wife got me a Doug Ritter Orange Mini RSK MK1 knifeSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Me, a $25 gift certificate to local craft brewer (Sly Fox) and this by Weber, which I love. I'm done with the regular rectangular brush type as these work so much better:

Only kind I will buy now, I love mine. Weber makes a darn good product.

Happy Father's Day to you and the rest on here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Hugs, snuggles, and playtime with my 2 year old baby girl. She even wished me a "happy Father's Day!" She made me a little drawing that her daycare teacher framed. It's adorable and now has a place of honor on my desk.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
A couple cute handwritten cards and pictures of me from my two oldest kids - 4 and 7 years old.

Then my three year old was extra cuddly and wanted me to play, so i took full advantage of that opportunity.

Here's the collage i made from trying to take pictures with my 4 year old - she kept trying to block my face and laughing.

It was, essentially, a perfect weekend.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Had a great day. Tall ships is in town. Awesome day with the family.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I recently lost a silver money clip that my wife gave me more than 15 years ago. She replaced it with a new one. Both from Vogt

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post