SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mortgage Rates, Wow
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mortgage Rates, Wow Login/Join 
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
FYI I have connections for great rates in Florida, I am a real estate attorney here. I do the closings and can run title at a Sigforum discount.

Just send me a PM to get the ball rolling. No purchase necessary of course.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
To all of you people who are smarter than i am about this, if my loan is at 5.25% and I have 18 years left on my loan, would it be worth doing a refinance to 3.25% on a 20 year loan, or would it be even better to do to a 15 year at 3,25%?

I would venture to say YES. Check what closing costs are and other fees. You can look on any mort. calculator and get the results for yourself. It is amazing the difference.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Whats a Mortgage? Just asking...

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
FYI I have connections for great rates in Florida, I am a real estate attorney here. I do the closings and can run title at a Sigforum discount.

Just send me a PM to get the ball rolling. No purchase necessary of course.

Email sent but kicked back. Please contact me at my email in profile

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 2.75 on a 30yr VA a few weeks back. Seems like I did pretty well. Now all I have to do is move and fix the old place up to sell.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at a 2.625 on a 15 year fixed, purchase not refi. Does the forum wise see the rates going any lower or are we are rock bottom?

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New market Houses here in tiny town
Are averaging at 12 day turn around time Eek

Last year at this time, it was a month,

Spoke to a seller yesterday,
He put a f.s.b.o. sign in the front yard and had four " I will take it's" in 12 hours

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54646 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seattle area- 2 weeks ago a coworker sold his house in 1 day. He was planning on selling before the corona hit and got his pre-corona price.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
Looking at a 2.625 on a 15 year fixed, purchase not refi. Does the forum wise see the rates going any lower or are we are rock bottom?

No, I dod not see the 15 year breaking through 2.5%. I doubt we ever see a 30 year conventional (unsubsidized) fall below 2.875%

Here locally, refi's are running 1/4 over original, but the fees have been creeping up. I refinanced in May of 2019 to 4% happily, but I paid .45 points. Now, I can refinance to 3.5%, but the points are .78. It pushes the cross over (breakeven) past 18 months.

My advise is to watch the rates and points for the APY. 15 year APY under 2.7% is a great deal, and even if it does go down, it will be negligible.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:

No, I dod not see the 15 year breaking through 2.5%. I doubt we ever see a 30 year conventional (unsubsidized) fall below 2.875%

Here locally, refi's are running 1/4 over original, but the fees have been creeping up. I refinanced in May of 2019 to 4% happily, but I paid .45 points. Now, I can refinance to 3.5%, but the points are .78. It pushes the cross over (breakeven) past 18 months.

My advise is to watch the rates and points for the APY. 15 year APY under 2.7% is a great deal, and even if it does go down, it will be negligible.

I just went over it with my loan guy and I'm at 4.125. He said it'd be $3,500 no matter what then we discussed how long I planned on being here, how many years I have left on the loan, etc. His advice, fuck a refi. Keep making that extra 1-2 payments per year and leave it alone. And this is coming from a guy that does this all day everyday and has for decades.

I am definitely going to do a HELOC at some point this summer and get the rest of my remodeling done. I want to be living in a liquid, ready to sell at any time property. I'll get to enjoy the remodeling for 5 or so years then cut bait and move out to the country in another state where I have 2 areas picked out.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Chase today and rates were higher than expected. They said the rates were lower 2 weeks ago.

Must be slow as they called me 5 min after I electronically submitted the form.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
To all of you people who are smarter than i am about this, if my loan is at 5.25% and I have 18 years left on my loan, would it be worth doing a refinance to 3.25% on a 20 year loan, or would it be even better to do to a 15 year at 3,25%?

Yes. Refinance. You’ll get a much lower rate. Go 15 years. You can probably make the same payments if you want. Or much less.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rates continue to trend downward.

I'm getting a 30 year USDA RD loan for my new house at 2.25%. Eek

Back in March when the rates first dropped and I had just started working with my lender and looking for a home to buy, it was at 3.0. Then 2.875 shortly after. Then 2.75 several weeks later. Then 2.5. Last week it was 2.375. And now 2.25.

There may still be room for rates to continue to go slightly lower, but there's a certain point where the lender still has to make money off it, so it probably doesn't have much further to go before leveling off (or climbing again).

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Navy Federal has been holding pretty steady around 2.75%.

If they drop another .25+ I’ll probably try a refi.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Just closed on a 15yr at 2.65%

We were on a 30yr at 3.8 I want to say.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
We're closing Monday. No appraisal and this process has dragged on so long that we've made three mortgage payments since we started this. So our payoff statement will be way off. We'll get a lot of money back that we really didn't want, but we'll throw it at taxes or principal or something that will make life easier in the future.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are refinancing our 2nd home...locked in 2.875 for 15 years....love it.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Whats a Mortgage? Just asking...
the thought of a 30 year mortgage makes me throw up in my mouth. Yeah yeah I’ll pay it off in 15 sure.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Last year we took on a 30 year at 4%.
Wells Fargo has offered 3% to stay with them. It appears closing costs will be minimal, 2%. I have asked for the appraisal fees to be waived which will get it down to the 1.5% range. The monthly savings will pay off the closing costs in 16 months.
I think I’ll take the 3% even though I wish I could score a 2.5.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you can lower your current rate at minimal cost (no points, no origination fees), you should do so. If you’re choosing between 15 and 30 years with both at the same rate, you would have more flexibility by picking the 30 year and making the payments at the 15 year plan.

But 15 year plans are generally lower rates than 30 year plans. The question then is whether you can swing the 15 year plan.

Another tactic is switch to a lower rate and continue making the payment you’re currently doing. You retire the loan that much sooner.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post