SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Lives Matters / Still spending, no accountability. 2023 update.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Lives Matters / Still spending, no accountability. 2023 update. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Shame on those who support this terrorist, thug organization.

May they meet the Karma that awaits them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BLM? Shocking, just shocking.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Par for the course. I would not have expected any less.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Since they can’t seem to find a leader, does that mean all the money goes to the IRS? Seems like that’s what should happen

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11233 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Shame on the media for failing to expose them for what they are from the start. Wokesters with their white guilt jumped on that bandwagon and sent in their donations without having a clue what charlatans they are. I warned some folks early on and got a lot of hate for it. "I told you so" is not strong enough for those dumbasses.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Ya gotta remember how that BLM bullshit got started:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15470 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those signs are just begging to be Photoshopped.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Those signs are just begging to be Photoshopped.

Like "I'm a upper middle class white girl that never been to an all black neighborhood"

If they ever had a BLM march in those areas, these kids would be peeing their shorts.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think that any corporation or individual that donated to BLM should have the donation disallowed under audit.

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If those bastard dems hadn't stolen the election from the people, my thought was always that President Trump would have had black lies matter investigated for tax fraud.

This doesn't surprise anyone with 1/2 a brain. It was nothing but a money shake down and laundering scheme.

Posts: 13037 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12548 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw BLM, I thought what the hell does the Buero of Land Managment
have to do with all of this. Smile

Posts: 948 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
They really need to put a class A grifter on the board to smooth things out. I'd nominate Chelsea Clinton. She sits on boards with no experience while cashing some pretty big checks. This sounds up her alley. And with her mom & dad advising, this thing could really rack some cash.

Paul Pelosi, Jr., the subject to his 6th FIB investigation and no charges sticking so far, could also prove invaluable in navigating the legal issues.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/20...nt-paperwork-n445686

the Attorney General for California sent a letter warning BLM it had 60 days in which to update its annual paperwork required of all charities. Until it does so, the group is not allowed to solicit or disburse funds.

The organization BLACK LIVES MATTER GLOBAL NETWORK FOUNDATION, INC. is delinquent with The Registry of Charitable Trusts for failing to submit required annual report(s),” reads the letter, dated Jan. 31.

BLM is also prohibited from “soliciting or disbursing charitable funds” in California until it submits its 2020 Form 990 and other financial records to the state, the California DOJ informed the charity Monday.

The 990 form was due on 12/31/21 so it’s already a full month late. The state is giving the group just 60 days to submit it or they risk losing their tax exempt status .

tax exempt. what a joke

In addition, failure to meet the deadline means late fees will be imposed for every month or partial month in which BLM has not turned in the forms. At first glance that may not sound like much of a threat to an organization which allegedly has $60 million in the bank. But the letter also contains this warning:

PLEASE NOTE: Charitable assets cannot be used to pay these avoidable costs. Accordingly, directors, trustees, officers and return preparers responsible for failure to timely file the above-described report(s) are personally liable for payment of all penalties, interest and other costs incurred to restore exempt status.

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Co-founder lashes out at critics as BLM faces legal threats from blue states

https://www.washingtonexaminer...ats-from-blue-states

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said she's being targeted by the government for her "long legacy" of activism, her first public remarks since the charity voluntarily shut down its ability to raise funds amid legal threats from blue states.

Cullors, who resigned from her post as BLM's executive director in May of last year, said it was "deeply concerning" that people don't have blind faith in BLM's stewardship of its $60 million charitable bankroll and suggested that her critics in black media aren't "actually black."

"It's this idea that I'm sneaky or I'm doing something nefarious, and that's incredibly anti-black and sexist," Cullors said during an interview Wednesday with Morehouse College. "We have to call it what it is."

Cullors alleged that she and other leaders in the charity sustained "collective trauma" last April after the New York Post revealed that Cullors had purchased four homes across the country for $3.4 million during her time at the helm of the organization, saying she felt betrayed that black reporters covered the controversy.

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said she's being targeted by the government for her "long legacy" of activism, her first public remarks since the charity voluntarily shut down its ability to raise funds amid legal threats from blue states.

Cullors, who resigned from her post as BLM's executive director in May of last year, said it was "deeply concerning" that people don't have blind faith in BLM's stewardship of its $60 million charitable bankroll and suggested that her critics in black media aren't "actually black."

"It's this idea that I'm sneaky or I'm doing something nefarious, and that's incredibly anti-black and sexist," Cullors said during an interview Wednesday with Morehouse College. "We have to call it what it is."

Cullors alleged that she and other leaders in the charity sustained "collective trauma" last April after the New York Post revealed that Cullors had purchased four homes across the country for $3.4 million during her time at the helm of the organization, saying she felt betrayed that black reporters covered the controversy.

NEW MEXICO'S DEMOCRATIC AG EYES BLM AMID GROWING FINANCIAL SCRUTINY

"What's so effective about the right-wing media disinformation and misinformation strategy is that they deploy it inside the black community," she said. "To see them post about me, and then the black media — I put in quotes, not all black media is actually black — spread those rumors ... I was naive to think black journalists and black media would be interested in talking to me first versus spreading misinformation and disinformation."

Cullors added: "Black people really need to show up for the moment and understand what's happening right now and how the right-wing media is taking any opportunity to undermine all the work that's happened for the last decade."

Cullors argued the newfound scrutiny over the organization is unfair targeting due to her history as an activist.

"I'm being targeted because I'm part of a long legacy of civil rights workers and human rights leaders who have effectively fought and won the U.S. government, both at the local level, statewide, nationally," Cullors said, adding that she has "never done anything illegal."

Cullors said she was shocked that her decision to publish BLM's "Impact Report" in February 2021, which claimed the group ended 2020 with $60 million in the bank, only led to more criticism of her group's finances.

"It backfired because of anti-black racism," she said. "We had a whole impact report where we showed where all the money went, and the question still is where did the money go. That's deeply concerning to me because it means people don't want to believe what's actually true."

However, Cullors also acknowledged that BLM hasn't done a good enough job disclosing what it has done with the $90 million the charity claimed to raise in 2020. Cullors said it was "very scary" to have responsibility for such a huge sum of money and recalled feeling nervous because BLM was "going to have to explain" to supporters what it was going to do with the money.

"People have to know we didn't go out and solicit the money," Cullors said of BLM's unaccounted financial windfall in 2020. "This is money that came from white guilt, white corporation guilt, and they just poured money in."

Cullors did not acknowledge during the interview that BLM had shut down its online fundraising pages last week amid legal threats from California and Washington, instead pivoting to accuse "right-wing media" of weaponizing her trauma in an attempt to drive her into insanity.

"Their job is to drive me to insanity," Cullors said. "Their job is to keep me silent, to shrink me. Their job is to shrink us as a movement."

Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, the charity that serves as the face of the national BLM movement, was ordered to stop fundraising in California and Washington in January due to its failure to report its finances from 2020, the year it raked in tens of millions of dollars amid the nationwide unrest spurred by George Floyd's killing.

The social justice organization is also out of compliance in Colorado, New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Connecticut, Maryland, Maine, and Virginia due to its failure to report its 2020 finances, and Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita announced Friday that he opened an investigation into BLM to find out whether the organization is a "scam."

But black activists had been sounding the alarm for years, registering public complaints that the national BLM group under Cullors's leadership had provided little to no financial support to local BLM activists while simultaneously lacking accountability for the large amounts of cash under its control.

"The BLM10+ (The original 10 signatories and the other chapters and organizers that stand with us) remain steadfast in our open calls for accountability from the BLM Global Network Foundation (BLMGN) and Patrisse Cullors," the activists said under a header that read "Tell No Lies."

CharityWatch Executive Director Laurie Styron told the Washington Examiner that donors need to be careful not to conflate BLM's "subjective and flattering self-reported 'impact' data" with its form 990 tax return and independently audited financial statements, records that BLM has yet to provide for its 2020 fiscal year despite a mid-November 2021 deadline.

"Charity 'Impact' reports rarely amount to anything more than an extension of a charity's marketing or fundraising strategies," Styron said.

BLM, which hasn't had a known leader since Cullors resigned in May 2021, is nearly three months late filing its 2020 taxes to the IRS. The embattled organization listed an incorrect address in its 2019 tax return, a Washington Examiner investigation in late January found.

While Cullors resigned from BLM in May amid scrutiny of her real estate purchases, she spoke as if she had an intimate understanding of the charity's current operations during her interview Wednesday.

Cullors said BLM plans to release information about its 2020 finances and boasted that the group had disbursed $30 million to organizations across North America over the past two years.

"There's so much here. I'm really looking forward to BLM sharing numbers and talking up their leadership because I think it's going to be important for people," she said, adding the disclosures would "help rebuild trust."

Posts: 12548 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Looters one and all.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"People have to know we didn't go out and solicit the money," Cullors said of BLM's unaccounted financial windfall in 2020. "This is money that came from white guilt, white corporation guilt, and they just poured money in."

At least she’s honest on this point.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^except she actually thinks all whites of every generation are guilty.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Didn't something like this happen to Sidney Poitier in the Movie Raisin in the Sun ?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Looks like the IRS, who granted tax-exempt status to this bunch of grafters, would conduct an audit. Nah-h-h
. As tough as the IRS is with some poor guy who forgot add some little item to his return, they (IRS) won’t have the gonads to tackle the BLM.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post