SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Black Lives Matters / Still spending, no accountability. 2023 update.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Lives Matters / Still spending, no accountability. 2023 update. Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
without doing a single bit of research just because of the name

Huge corporation fell all over themselves to send millions in 2020 to get in on the political correctness train.

They got the tax benefits so they could care less where it went. Unless they are connected by name to a fraud, they will watch those funds go into certain people's pockets.

Beyond paying for shirts and signs, I have no idea what good they ever did.

From their website....

quote:
have mobilized millions to take action toward dismantling both overtly and subtly racist norms and policies entrenched in American life

But did they EVER "take action" against the same people getting cut down daily in those Democratic cities? Not a peep.

All they do is organize GoFundMe sites to get money....but none of their own.

Odd that some states have such an interest in the NRA and their finances but not with these frauds?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the rev. jackson and sharpton are fuming mad they didn't get in on this

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I'll bet the rev. jackson and sharpton are fuming mad they didn't get in on this

What makes you sure they aren’t??

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

What makes you sure they aren’t??

Those two old thieves wouldn't have let this happen, gutting a cash cow like that

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the headline I thought millions had died in a shipwreck. What a disappointment.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Jerry was in trouble during an audit for donating to a bogus charity, something about Krakatoans displaced by a volcano? Any chance of BLM's donors having to redo their taxes and not be able write off those donations to BLM? Or do donors get a pass on their deductions when a 501(c)3 turns out to be bogus?

I don’t know the answer to your question.

There is at least one outfit (guidestar) that verifies that a non-profit is in good standing. Community Foundations (and probably other foundations) use guidestar as part of their due diligence to insure they are giving to a valid charity.

In a just world, I’m not sure that donors who used established procedures to make sure a non-profit was in good standing should be penalized. I could certainly see heads rolling at the IRS for not doing their due diligence, but we all know the chances of that happening…

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, I would prefer that the money be stolen. Just think of the potential harm avoided due to the money not being available for BLM "activities".

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
Actually, I would prefer that the money be stolen. Just think of the potential harm avoided due to the money not being available for BLM "activities".

Very good point. I also take some Schadenfreude in BLM's donors feeling like they got screwed. I think my sister is one of them.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Only those who live in fantasy land are surprised or disappointed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I sure the Justice Dept will be all over this one. *snicker*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Black Lives Matter, But greenbacks are phatter!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is more complicated than it appears . BLM is actually a conglomeration of many different organizations . A Global Network is what they call themselves . They are not a charitable organization themselves . All donations are funneled through a " legitimate " charity called ActBlue .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Isnt ActBlue just a service website?

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I'm going to settle for mild amusement I guess.

Considering the money donated was not going to be spent in order to benefit one black (or any color) life, what changes if it was stolen?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I'm going to settle for mild amusement I guess.

Considering the money donated was not going to be spent in order to benefit one black (or any color) life, what changes if it was stolen?

^^^^^^
Absolutely.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
There are enough of us here that are shocked and appalled at this totally unexpected turn of events that we could claim victimhood and stuff and get like money because our panties are in a bunch. Who's with me? Mad

no wait, never mind. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The bright side of this story is that the BLM leadership is probably pillaging their own treasury to live the lifestyle of the rich and famous -- to the point where they won't have much money left to sow mayhem, support the election of woke DAs, pay for murderers to get out on bail, etc.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's more enthusiasm for BLM amongst corporate HR Depts, the spouses of the wealthy and every university dorm room. All the heads within BLM have all run-off with truck loads of money, those affiliated with the leadership are rapidly distancing themselves from them, cocooning themselves in their own 1-person organizations. Big Grin
quote:
BLM spent most of the year essentially borrowing the charitable status of two other California-based charities, Thousand Currents and the Tides Foundation, which served as BLM's fiscal sponsors.

No surprise to see these two Leftist heavyweights involved.
Before all this George Floyd-shit, Tides was one of the leading anti-gun financing operations in the country. While Bloomberg and Soros get all the headlines, Tides was one of the major partners providing financial and organizational advice to a variety of Leftist causes and 'activation partners'.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
Isnt ActBlue just a service website?
ActBlue is a 501c3 registered charity organization .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These people are so full of shit...and then there's the dummies who are so gullible they'll either sign a check or, follow in lock-step preaching the message.
After quitting BLM, co-founder Patrisse Cullors is healing: ‘I really thought I was gonna die’
quote:
“I really thought I was gonna die,” said the co-founder of the Black Lives Matter Global Network. “I thought I was either gonna get killed by a crazy white supremacist — you know, they’re gonna show up to my house — or I was gonna kill myself. I was really preparing for death.”

Cullors had endured threats and criticism for years, but the turning point came in April 2021, when news outlets reported that Cullors had been on a personal “million-dollar real estate buying binge.” She was denounced by the usual critics on the right. But the stories also generated anger from inside the movement, including from family members of people killed by police.

Cullors denounced the reports as misleading but stepped down from the Black Lives Matter Global Network a month later. Five weeks after that, in July, she entered treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post