SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What car did you once owned, that you want to obtain again ???>>>>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What car did you once owned, that you want to obtain again ???>>>> Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've owned two '70 Dodge Challengers. I'd love to have a big block 4-speed R/T but the prices for a nice one have just gotten stupid.

Posts: 430 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
1989 Chevy S-10 with the 4.3L V6.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Had a pair of BMW 2002 sedans, a 1969 and a new, 1976. They were real game changers at the time. Handled well, small and easy to park, great little road cars too.

Wish I had my Polaris Silver, 4 speed, 1976 , 2002 back.

A close 2nd would be the marina blue, small block 1965 Corvette Coupe I had for a few years.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
1967 Dodge Dart 2-door with a slant 6.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 425 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Mine are way more boring. I have traded cool cars for cooler cars. But that ones I wish I had kept are my FJ Cruiser (modern) and Honda Ridgeline (for my kids).
But my '04 WRX is the sporty car I miss the most.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a pair of BMW 2002 sedans, a 1969 and a new, 1976. They were real game changers at the time. Handled well, small and easy to park, great little road cars too.

I had a 1970 2002 in Colorado Orange. I have been trying to find one in that color in good condition, so far no luck.

Posts: 18378 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
1993 mustang 5.0. Favorite car ever.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2040 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
87 Cougar. Fantastic car for distance, so comfortable. But, maybe changed out with a newer Ecoboost. That’d be fun, and low profile.

Looked kinda like that. Totaled in 1996.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2395 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I know it's a life of SUV's out there but,
My 1973 914 2.0. God I love that little car.

Posts: 1900 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
When I graduated from high school I bought a 1954 Mercury Monterrey. It was a two door hardtop with some kind of a moon roof, just can't remember. Two tone light green. Damn, that was a neat car.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Midnight blue '68 Mustang convertible. God I loved that car.

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Toyota FJ Cruiser. Had a 2008 FJ 4x4 Trail package for 5 years until I totaled it via my own stupidity. Made a left turn on a yellow and got smacked by an on coming vehicle that jackrabbited around another on coming car. My fault because of failure to yield. Cracked the front frame thus totaled. It was my only vehicle and had to get another one asap and settled on a 2014 Tacoma 4x4. Tried to get a 2015 FJ but you had to wait 4 months for one to be shipped from Japan since the 2015 was the last year for the model. Loved that FJ. Handled great on the highway and was a goat off road. Took that FJ places off road where my Tacoma only dreamed to go. Pissed off at Toyota for discontinuing the line.

Posts: 1069 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
1964 Mercury Park Lane convertible, Anniversay Silver with black top. 390/300hp Super Marauder engine. Bucket seat interior, black, floor shift (A.T.) Narrow white walls, full wheel covers with tri bar spinners. Dual exhaust. My car through my first senior year of H.S.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother's 1964 Chevy Nova SS. He had it for years, sold it to me, and I sold it when I got in a financial pinch. It was like a family member, and I regret it every day.

If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I'd do is track down THAT car, buy it back, and give it back to my bro!

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
'78 Datsun 280ZX.

The 280Z I had for a short time while I was in college. I thought it was a ‘78, but if they were already making the ZXs then, it couldn’t have been. Maybe it was a ‘76, I dunno. The A/C leaked (which was a drag), but it ran like a top, the body was straight, and it drove like a dream. I still miss that car...

Posts: 7095 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three. A Dodge Super Bee, 1968/69. Dodge Omni GLH Turbo 1985/86 vintage and lastly Jeep Cherokee (J) 1979 two door wide Trac with 360 AMC engine, turbo 400 transmission and Quadatrac transfer case.

If down to just one, the Dodge Omni GLH Turbo was the most fun (biggest bang for the buck, biggest sleeper)

Oh yes, 1985 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo in Santa Fe blue...
Good times kicking Mustang GT booty! LoL....

ARman

Posts: 3215 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1954 Hudson Hornet two door hard top. (Hollywood) 308ci flathead motor with twin carbs. Hydomatic transmission. It took a bit of time to get it up 100MPH, but what a comfortable ride.

We totaled it.

1961 VW Beetle with a 1500CC VW large intake port truck motor I had rebuilt at the dealership. With four people along plus pulling a trailer, from Philadelphia to Miami.

I forgot to tell the bank I was leaving Philly. Repo man got it after I sold the motor.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
1986 Toyota MR2. That car handled like it was reading your mind. It was fun to drive, small, but you could put two sets of golf clubs or a weeks worth of food in the trunk.

Posts: 1519 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
1957 Chrysler 300C

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6409 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same car I posted about in the HS thread:
1966 Chevy Impala 327/300. Powerglide. Rallye Wheels. Among its other features it had a cavernous trunk.
Cavernous Trunk war story:
One Christmas, my old man gave me 20 bucks and told to me get a Christmas tree. My HS buddy also got Christmas tree money from his family. We decided to pocket the money and steal a tree. There was a large tree lot in operation in Xenia where you drove among the trees until you saw one you liked and the lot owners would then load it for you. I had my buddy get into the cavernous trunk, the plan being that I would stop near a tree and he would reach out and grab it, haul it into the cavernous trunk and we would make good our escape. All went according to plan. I spotted a tree, hollered at my buddy to pop out and grab it. I expected him to get out of the trunk, get the tree and jump back in.
Here the plan went awry. He opened the trunk, got up on his knees and leaned across the back fender and grabbed a tree. He gave me the go signal and I kicked the Powerglide into action. But... The tree he grabbed.... Was balled in burlap and probably weighed 300 pounds. The sudden acceleration dragged him right out of the cavernous trunk in a violent fashion. I last saw him lying in the road, with the tree lot staff about to descend on him.
I later found him walking a couple miles away. Not only was he the worse for wear from his ejection from the trunk, he was also thoroughly thumped by the tree lot staff!
Merry Christmas!
As others have posted, God, I loved that car!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16390 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post