SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What car did you once owned, that you want to obtain again ???>>>>
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What car did you once owned, that you want to obtain again ???>>>> Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I wish I could get my first truck, a 1991 Ford Ranger back. Not a 1991 Ranger. That one specifically. It started as my dads then became mine and then my little brothers.

All three of us took our current wives out on our respective first dates in that truck. It’s also the truck me and my brother learned to drive in.

Unfortunately my dad gave it to my shitbag step-sister and she sold it almost immediately. He gave it to her so she’d have a vehicle but drugs were more important to her so it was gone within a week and she can’t, or won’t, tell us who it went to. That was years ago so it’s gone now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Had a 2001 F250 7.3L powerstroke that I reluctantly sold to a friend that needed it pretty bad.
It now has 550k miles on it with the original engine and transmission. That was probably the best vehicle we ever owned.

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
My '85 Toyota 4x4. Simple, standard, stock, manual-locking hubs, single axle front end. Carburetor. I did all the work on it myself over the 18 years I owned it. That demon rust got it in the end.

Sometimes I think I'd like to have my '69 Beetle again, but probably not as an only car; plenty of routine maintenance to keep up with. Modern cars are soooo much better in that regard.

mine was an 82,

or my 79 celica,

or my 2013 Cooper S that an asshole crushed when he rear ended me,,,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
My 1973 914 2.0. God I love that little car.

I had the same car and that was going to be my answer to the question. I had the car for three years and then someone else liked it enough to steal it. Never saw or heard about it again. I was devastated at the time.

Posts: 796 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
1972 911T. I bought it in 1973 when I was living in Chicago. It was stolen, of course. When Allstate Insurance reimbursed me for the theft they promised, in writing, to let me have first crack at re-purchasing it if it was recovered.

Fast forward a couple of years, I was doing a consulting job for the Chicago PD. Interviewed various departments re their computer use, looking to integrate systems. When I got to the department that handled vehicle thefts they were going to demonstrate for me, so I said, "Enter this VIN -- 9111110661." My stolen Porsche, recovered and sold at auction, had been purchased by a restoration shop in Wisconsin. So much for Allstate's commitment to give me first crack at buying it.

In any event, it would have been really great to have that car back again.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

No money to purchase any car, but my first car was an 1953 MG-TD. Not so great in the rain due to having side curtains instead of windows, and a weak vacuum operated wiper system. But here in AZ it would be a beautiful classic to tool around in. The only problem is fighting the Lucas devil. I had to always park mine on a hill, due to a weak spot on the starter, which Murphy made it always come to rest at that point. It would easily roll start in 1st or reverse, with very little slope/roll.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1987 Porsche 930. I had to get rid of it because we had a baby on the way. You know, diapers, formula, college, etc. It was so fun but my son ended up being pretty rewarding tooBig Grin

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
1969 AMX, dark green, no racing stripes, 390ci, tan interior. Sold prior to heading to Korea.
Or,
1988 Chrysler Conquest TSI, White with Burgundy leather. Traded for a truck.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chp37
posted Hide Post
Wish I could have kept this 1961, but I was still in college and my wife and I were expecting our first child, so it had to go. Great memories

url=https://postimg.cc/image/ytceun1f3/] [/ur

Posts: 586 | Registered: October 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Porsche 924 Carrera GT (937). Loved that car but had to sell it when times got tough.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My '74 Mercury Capri. I could still do most all the work on it myself.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3634 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
2002 WRX.
First (US) gen was best gen.

Posts: 5228 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My '65 Mustang

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
None. I did miss my STI an awful lot for years but I replaced it with something better. I do miss a motorbike I owned but it too got replaced with something better so no regrets.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Dodge SRT-4 (Yes, it’s a Neon).
2003 Pontiac GTO 5.7 (Yes, it’s a Holden).

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1955 DeSoto black and white exterior and B&W interior. A real muscle car and drove like riding on a cloud, not like these buppity things today.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Back in the late 70s.

Currently.

Since I lost most of my hair, I figured, I lose the top...

(the guy that owns the red Mustang, is a good friend who I hung with when I built the first one in 1978-79. The guy behind the '85 SS is a friend that I served with in the USAF in the mid eighties.)

Somethings in life are good. The quick passage of time, notwithstanding.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1961 3000 Austin Healy TWO(2) seater, not the one with "jump seats in the back". It had a removable hardtop and the convertible top, side curtains, etc. I really loved that car, but just new the next car would be better.....it wasn't!!

Posts: 6719 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
My 1998 Championship White Acura Integra Type R. Such a cool car and it would be just as cool today. It was stolen in 2000 and stripped of the performance parts. Makes me sad just thinking about it.

JC

Posts: 1305 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
my '62 Olds

455 Rocket

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post