SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mehmet Oz is running for US Senate in my state Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
I don't know much about the guy but I've read a book that he wrote a forward to and I've seen him on a tv interview. Some say he's a bit kooky but I've not seen anywhere that mentions him being corrupt. If that's the case, I've no issue with him being a senator for PA.

He wants to debate Fauci, which is never going to happen, but the challenge has been made.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/...a-debate#toggle-gdpr

What the deal with. Dr. Oz and can we trust him?

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't trust TV personalities.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I don't trust TV personalities.
Ok, but why him specifically?

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Not a chance would I trust him.

He seems like a giant squish to me. When asked about abortion, the guy couldn't even answer directly and honestly. I would have no use for someone like that.

Furthermore, does he even live in Pennsylvania?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, but why him specifically

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is he not practicing medicine? I did like Marcus Welby MD.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Furthermore, does he even live in Pennsylvania?
According to him, yes.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Not in a million years

Balzé Halzé, man, reduce the size of your signature, please. Look at all that real estate you're taking up each time you post. Pick one of those four quotes and remove the rest, please.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Ok, but why him specifically

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why is he not practicing medicine? I did like Marcus Welby MD.
Are you saying he's not?

So far my opinion is he can't possibly be worse than Toomey. At worst, it'll be more of the same. I'm not saying I'm for the guy, just that I'd like to know more about him.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He wouldn't vote with his party. He would vote with his religion.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He wouldn't vote with his party. He would vote with his religion.
Ah, I see. I had to look it up but I see what you mean. From what I've seen he claims to be both Muslim and a member of a fringe Christian sect.

Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Since I live in PA, I am starting to learn more about him. I liked the well done interview he had a while back with Jordan Peterson. He seemed to be in agreement with a lot of what Jordan said, and the fact he even interviewed him at all was a good sign. He seems "ok" on guns, but he does support red flag laws unfortunately. He owns property in PA but doesn't live here. Residence is not a requirement to run for Senate here. I'll be following his candidacy, but I think there will be others better aligned with my values and principles.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd trust gas station sushi before I'd trust him.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Balzé Halzé, man, reduce the size of your signature, please.

Done.

quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
According to him, yes.

Well, last I checked he lives in New Jersey.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Since I live in PA, I am starting to learn more about him. I liked the well done interview he had a while back with Jordan Peterson. He seemed to be in agreement with a lot of what Jordan said, and the fact he even interviewed him at all was a good sign. He seems "ok" on guns, but he does support red flag laws unfortunately. He owns property in PA but doesn't live here. Residence is not a requirement to run for Senate here. I'll be following his candidacy, but I think there will be others better aligned with my values and principles.
You've already learned more about him than I have. If you have any links or videos to share, I'd appreciate it.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Didn't he get his TV start as Oprah's doctor, appearing on her old talk show?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
You've already learned more about him than I have. If you have any links or videos to share, I'd appreciate it.

Sure. Here's the uncut video of his interview with Jordan Peterson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVjWUCIbAc

Here's his candidate page:

https://doctoroz.com/

Some coverage on his 2nd Amendment views:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...oz-gun-control-ideas

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Too early to tell how he will pan out.
At least let him speak his views.
It's easy to dismiss just to be viewed as "discriminating".
You just have to compare him to the whoever is opposing him in the primary.
Certainly a better choice than ANY Dem.
Let it play out.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
... Certainly a better choice than ANY Dem. ...
It's a good point.

I'm watching the Jordan Peterson interview now. It's good to watch. It's 6 hours long so I should add "so far". Wink

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I personally know the whore. Oz never passes on an opportunity to make a buck, has promoted bad medicine many times and is greasier than any Cuban felon released by Castro.

No fucking way should anyone in PA or elsewhere vote for this small, self-centered quack.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
I personally know the whore.
Oz never passes on an opportunity to make a buck, has promoted bad medicine many times and is greasier than any Cuban felon released by Castro.

No fucking way should anyone in PA or elsewhere vote for this small, self-centered quack.

Perhaps you could elaborate rather than bloviate?

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post