SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A emergency appeal for assistance from a forum member Login/Join 
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent to Artie. Hang in there!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 766 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Professor Smack-Down
Picture of Protein anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonyny:
Thanks Tony

Totally happy to help. We've all had times of need. I had to send it snail mail, but it should reach Artie's office this week. Best of luck!

----------------------------
Tony

Guns in my collection:

Awaiting next purchase

Posts: 4107 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: October 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks

NRA Life Member

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sent small check to Artie last week.
Hope it arrived OK.
Went through a divorce 40 years ago.
Left with my clothes, the stereo and my sanity.
Hang in there.
Mark

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the tip. I guess I'm looking for conversation but I'll take it out of the post and put it in my profile.
A heads-up Tony: I just looked at your profile and I don't see a phone number.

I expect to be meeting with ArtieS for other purposes on Monday, I'll give him a check for you at that time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Thanks V-Tail. Also I think I figured out how to put my phone number in the profile

NRA Life Member

Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Msfzoe thanks!

NRA Life Member

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks V-Tail. Also I think I figured out how to put my phone number in the profile
Yup. It's in there now.

How are you doing?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking I'm hanging in there and still looking for a place to stay

NRA Life Member

Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Hi all just an update I have a cell phone but what is critical right now is finding a place to stay. Cell phone number is in my profile.I can't keep paying $1600 a month at the motel.
I can afford up to $800 a month until my divorce is finalized.I have tried various services with no luck.If the anyone can help me I will be eternally grateful.

Tony

NRA Life Member

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Tony, I'm sorry to hear of your situation, my ex gave me an "I love you" on a Tuesday night and a "I've taken the baby and filed for divorce" Wednesday afternoon, so I empathize with you.
With child support to ex, and two kids, plus the second wife looking at impending layoff and me looking at a looming strike (great non-right to work state...) I'm sorry I can't offer financial assistance, but please know I wish you the best of luck. Please file for spousal support, as it seems you are in a bind without some.

I threw a quick google search out using "apartment orlando florida less than $800 and got a lot of returns at this site:

https://www.apartments.com/orlando-fl/under-800/

I don't know Orlando as to accessibility to transit or "good neighborhoods" but it's a start.

Good luck Sir.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
Mooney thanks for the information! I sent out a number of inquiries to the link you provided.

Tony

NRA Life Member

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Holy cow! Orlando is cheap. I could rent an apartment for what I pay in property taxes alone here, and I own an itsy bitsy house on .25 acre.

2BR for $335.00 per month.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
You're telling me. Glad he sent me the link!

NRA Life Member

Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Tonyny,

Don't know everything you're dealing with, however, in your situation you need to get out of that hotel ASAP. Lots more things you can do with whatever money you have if you're not spending $1600/month on a hotel.

If things are desperate, have you tried all the online rental sites, craigslist, classifieds, etc.? Heck, answer an add for a room in someone else's place for a lot cheaper until you are back on your feet.

In desperate times you don't always have the luxury of waiting for the perfect situation to come around. Get something you can afford now and work to improve your situation as the funds allow.

Good luck my friend.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a proud gun-bearing American and a strong Second Amendment Supporter. I applaud SIGforum for what they stand for. I know everyone has the right to Freedom of Speech, but when I see someone using their right to con or dupe others, I just cannot stand by and watch it go on.

So here goes…the wonderful people of this group have given their kindness and generosity to a member. Recently funds upwards of $3700 have been given away to a someone whom claims they have been wrongly treated by their spouse.

It breaks my heart to inform that this person put themselves in the situation they are in by verbal abuse to their spouse, which ultimately turned into her being shot at not once, but twice inside her home. It is claimed by the member, that this was an accident.

We can only assume that the judge believed the same as there is currently a Domestic Violence injunction against this member.

I also noticed questions regarding the member’s absence from the forum in January, this was due to the member being jailed for violation of the Domestic Violence Injunction.

As a gun owner myself, I can see one shot being an accident, however…. when the first shot is at the floor and the second shot is in the direction of a human in their own home…I personally do not believe it to be an accident.

All I am saying is, your hearts are in the right place, but people please be aware of who you support.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Wow. This is about to get weird.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
What a first post!

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you're his ex wife's new lover or . . .???? WTF man.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post