SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Trump’s USMCA Agreement

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mps-usmca-agreement/

The Senate overwhelmingly approved the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement on Thursday, delivering President Donald Trump a major legislative victory in a presidential election year.

Lawmakers voted 89 to 10 to pass the legislation ratifying the agreement, sending it the White House for the president’s signature. The development comes one day after China agreed to purchase an additional $200 billion in U.S. goods and services over the next two years as part of their “phase one” trade agreement.

“Today the Senate will send this landmark agreement to the president’s desk,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement prior to the upper chamber’s vote. “Quite a week of substantive accomplishments for the nation, for the president, and for international trade.”

The House approved the agreement 358-41 on December 19th, following more than a year of talks between White House officials and congressional leaders.

The USMCA maintains much of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), but will usher in new trade considerations, such as 75 percent of vehicle parts must be made in the three countries to be tariff-free. Additionally, 45 percent of car parts must be made by workers earning a $16 hourly wage. Further, the deal will expand U.S. farmers’ access to Canada’s dairy market.

President Donald Trump signed the deal with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and then-Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto in November of last year. At the time, the president called it the “largest, most significant, modern and balanced trade agreement in history.”

U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer lauded the agreement’s signage, saying it is expected to create up to 589,000 American jobs and spur additional economic growth.

“House passage of the USMCA with such huge bipartisan support is a major milestone and shows just how much President Trump is successfully changing U.S. trade policy so it works for the benefit of American workers, farmers, ranchers, and businesses,” said Lighthizer. “The USMCA is expected to create between 176,000 and 589,000 new American jobs and substantially increase economic growth. The International Trade Commission’s analysis shows that USMCA will have a more positive impact on our economy, jobs, and wages than any other U.S. trade agreement ever negotiated.”

EconomyPoliticsUSMCA

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh blow me, you ho. Then again you'd probably like it.
Roll Eyes

quote:

Kamala Harris

@SenKamalaHarris
The Senate is receiving the articles of impeachment against President Trump today. We should not advance any more judicial nominees while we take on this solemn responsibility of the president’s trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Senators that voted against USMCA

Crying Cuck Schumer
Kamala Harris
Kristen Gillibrand
Spartacus Booker
Ed Markey
Sheldon Whitehouse
Brian Schatz
Bernie Sanders

Republican Pat Toomey Mad

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
As they say, all the usual suspects. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:

Crying Cuck Schumer
Kamala Harris
Kristen Gillibrand
Spartacus Booker
Ed Markey
Sheldon Whitehouse
Brian Schatz
Bernie Sanders

Ed Markey Sen. from MA is going to be in for a big reelection fight this year. Young Joe Kennedy III is running in the primary against him. I'd put my money on Kennedy. Markey is a fraud. I don't even know if there will be a Republican running for this seat.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. If this is a treaty, why is the House voting on it at all?

IIRC, per the US Constitution, the Senate ratifies treaties. The House is not involved. Or am I having a senior moment?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Toomey is a little shitweasel these days. I have ZERO respect this this guy and probably will vote against him just out of spite.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Oh blow me, you ho. Then again you'd probably like it.
Roll Eyes

quote:

Kamala Harris

@SenKamalaHarris
The Senate is receiving the articles of impeachment against President Trump today. We should not advance any more judicial nominees while we take on this solemn responsibility of the president’s trial for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Nah, you (nor anyone else here) can't advance her career and make her POTUS, so she's not interested.

She only jumps in bed for money and power.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
impeachment pens

I can't help but wonder how much We the People paid for those pens.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Toomey is a little shitweasel these days. I have ZERO respect this this guy and probably will vote against him just out of spite.

Correction - Toomey is a rather big shitweasel!

He voted against PDJT's emergency funding for a border wall, at the time when 10K-15K were on the march up thru Central America and Mexico to invade the U.S.A.

Of course, he is also one of the poster child soy-boys for ever oh so 'reasonable' gun control.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Fascinating listening to Schumer describe how we can’t let foreign governments and individuals interfere with our US elections but his home state of NY is registering non-citizens to vote. That Schumer is a real straight shooter for sure.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Words are important. Shitweasel!! I have been looking for a fitting term for Chuck Schumer and his ilk. I believe I have found it. Chucks Schumer, Shitweasel. It has a certain ring to it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote: Kamala Harris

@SenKamalaHarris

RGB must really be sick, worse than we know.. Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think you mean RBG.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Kamala is a dolt.

Trump wasn't charged with high crimes or misdemeanors. It was obstruction of Congress and whatever the other one was.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bernie Sanders

I heard a great new nickname for Bernie today: Bernie Sandals.

Perfect for the old hippie.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
impeachment pens

I can't help but wonder how much We the People paid for those pens.

I want Trump to ask her to give him one, that way he can always remember the day she got him reelected...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from CTH

https://theconservativetreehou...chedule/#more-181061

Adopted today by unanimous consent:

A Summons to the White House notifying them of the impeachment trial will be issued by the Senate and delivered by Saturday January 18th, 2020, 6:00pm,

The House of Representatives (impeachment managers) have a deadline of 5:00pm Saturday, January 18th, 2020, for the filing of their impeachment brief to the Senate.

The White House (defense lawyers) have a response deadline of 5:00pm Monday, January 20th, for their response to the House impeachment brief.

The House of Representatives (impeachment managers) have a deadline of Noon Tuesday, January 21st, for their rebuttal brief to the White House defense brief.

The Senate Trial begins at 1:00pm Eastern, Tuesday January 21st, 2020.

Senators will not be allowed to bring their cell phones or any electronic device into the Senate chamber while the trial is underway.

Following Thursday’s senate swearing-in and administration of oath, Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he will try to force votes on witnesses on Tuesday. Democrats have called for subpoenaing four witnesses including former National Security Advisor John Bolton and acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney.

However, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is keeping the construction of the senate impeachment resolution, laying out the rules, quiet. As of this moment no-one knows the details of the resolution being assembled by the Senate majority.

CTH has been warning those who are interested, since last year, not to underestimate the scheming and planning of the Democrats and Lawfare in the Senate phase. The entire apparatus of the resistance network within government is aligned with the impeachment effort. Nothing is happenstance and everything unfolding in the media is pre-planned.

Just like the media worked hand-in-glove with the DOJ, FBI, CIA and intelligence officials to construct the fraudulent Russia conspiracy case against Trump; and just like those same administrative state officials and media worked hand-in-glove with the Mueller investigation to advance the fraudulent special counsel effort; those exact same participants are working together to frame the appearance of criminal conduct within this impeachment effort. Same people, same purposes and intents.

All of the media headlines are pre-scripted by narrative engineers who have been given advanced notification and copy of the needs. All of the players within the headlines are working in unison; this includes the resistance operative inside government offices such as the DOJ. All media stories are pre-engineered, sequenced, and scripted with a template provided by political operatives.

It took a long time for President Trump’s allies to realize the 2018 Pelosi rule changes were directly connected to the 2019 activity and the construction of a fraudulent whistle-blower complaint. Many people, unfortunately including most on our side, just don’t grasp the amount of time and energy the resistance operatives put into the pre-planning.

The recent discovery of Mary McCord working on behalf of the impeachment effort should have been a bucket of cold water in the face of those who keep downplaying the risk. I hope the independent researchers and new-media have awakened to the reality that surrounds all of us.