SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I watched that interview in its entirety last night. If you want to get to the heart of the matter, start viewing at the 21 minute mark and listen carefully what Hanson says at 22:18. Essentially, that the conspirators shall be hoisted by their own petard, by the lowered standards they themselves applied during this bogus investigation.

Also, I find Hanson's observation that Donald Trump is akin to a Sophoclean tragic hero to be remarkably insightful.

If you have the 45 minutes to spare, you should take the time and watch the entire thing, though.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It truly is remarkable Trump has not only survived, but been an effective President (understatement) with all that has been thrown at him, his family, and anyone who would work in his administration.

Any other politician would have been finished when the Grab 'em by the P recording came out.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I find Hanson's observation that Donald Trump is akin to a Sophoclean tragic hero to be remarkably insightful.

When you think about it, it is so fitting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
skip to th 7:30 mark for the most interesting part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ue=230&v=CPftOrA7314

That's interesting what John Solomon said. I don't have any reason to doubt him but wow.

Victor Davis Hanson- That's excellent. I started at 21 and have to go back and listen to the whole thing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am reading the Muelller report and on p82 there are some email addresses.

I was moving my cursor because am also looking at other web sites to avoid terminal boredom from the report.

Suddenly my email opens up and has an email ready to send to an email address. Not sure what is going on.

I look at the "To" address and it is Dimitry Peskova - The Russian govts press secretary.

I canceled it and closed Outlook. Weird.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Conservative Treehouse has an interesting post up:

https://theconservativetreehou...o-media/#more-162722

They note that Buzzfeed wrote that law enforcement sources provided them FBI notes from an interview w Michael Cohen.

"At the time, the sources asked reporters to keep the information confidential, but with the publication of Mueller’s report they have permitted its release"

CTH: It would appear Buzzfeed has inadvertently opened up a solid reason for yet another FBI internal investigation.

Buzzfeed article:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

"Our story was based on detailed information from senior law enforcement sources. That reporting included documents — specifically, pages of notes that were taken during an interview of Cohen by the FBI."

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I am reading the Muelller report and on p82 there are some email addresses.

I was moving my cursor because am also looking at other web sites to avoid terminal boredom from the report.

Suddenly my email opens up and has an email ready to send to an email address. Not sure what is going on.

I look at the "To" address and it is Dimitry Peskova - The Russian govts press secretary.

I canceled it and closed Outlook. Weird.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Too funny!....."I canceled it closed Outlook".

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No clue who this guy is, but it worth a long watch.
Link to original video: https://youtu.be/gn9q7JEscqY

"Jeff Sessions, the former Attorney General, should have never recused himself. Had he not panicked in that period of Russian collusion hysteria....there would have been no Mueller investigation. It would have been all over with." Nailed it!

You know, sometimes I wonder if Sessions was really one of them. Wouldn't surprise one bit, if he was. Or, he was just as dumb as a rock and let himself be manipulated by Rosenstein. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The Trump 2020 campaign raked in $1million in donations after the Mueller report cleared him of colluding with Russia.

The campaign's COO Michael Glassner boasted about the boost on Friday, telling The New York Post that it represented a 250 percent increase in a day.

'The release of the full Mueller report directly led to the campaign raising more than $1 million.

'Relative to our recent daily average, the Mueller news drove a 250 percent increase in fundraising from grassroots donors,' he said.

Glassner added: 'Now it's time to investigate the investigators'. Now, the campaign has raised more than $40million.

It set an ambitious goal of raising $1billion by the time the polls open next year…”

https://mol.im/a/6941161

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
“Know what makes me sick, Mitt? Not how disingenuous you were to take @realDonaldTrump $$ and then 4 yrs later jealously trash him & then love him again when you begged to be Sec of State, but makes me sick that you got GOP nomination and could have been @POTUS," Huckabee tweeted Friday.

Thanks, Mike, for putting that slimy son of a bitch in his place.

Y'know, the Romney/Ryan ticket is the only political campaign to which I've ever contributed money. Thank God that my money was wasted and that this waffling RINO lost. Thank God. And that goes for the impotent Paul Ryan as well.

It's apparent that Romney just can't get past beng passed over by the President and that all these remarks he makes these days are nothing more than sour grapes. But hey, Mitt, at least your personal vendetta is doing nothing to wound and further divide the nation. Right, you petty asshole?

Here's Mitt singing an entirely different tune, when he thought he was going to get something out of it.

Mitt Romney Lavishes Praise on President-elect Trump, Whom He Once Called 'Fraud'

Yeah, Mitt, you're a politician, that's for sure, and I mean that in the most insulting way possible, you slimeball. Donald Trump? He's not a politician, Mitt. He entered the office of the Presidency, doing his best to help this nation. You? Well, you're just another self-serving, say-whatever-is-expedient-at-the-moment PHONY.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Thinking back on it now > we are kind of fortunate to have had BHO. Eek
If we had McCain or Romney in there then we would have had:
1) a continuance in the never-get-anything done and further compromises
2) we never would have had everyone finally filled up with the Democratic tyranny that let to electing the greatest President in modern history.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Yup. Just as Jimmy Carter made Reagan possible.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's apparent that Romney just can't get past beng passed over by the President and that all these remarks he makes these days are nothing more than sour grapes. But hey, Mitt, at least your personal vendetta is doing nothing to wound and further divide the nation.

I'm sure sour grapes are part of it, but do you remember the speech he gave in February of 2016? Romney pretended to be nice after he won, but he is a snake who has always looked down on the President.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Mittens is a useless twatwaffle. Para was being generous.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Mittens is a useless twatwaffle. Para was being generous.
I find it incredible that Utahns elected him their Senator.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
Based on the comments I read on KSL last night, it seems Mitt is drawing strength from a base of supporters who apparently feel the President is not a good person. Apparently he is too coarse for their tastes, and nothing good he does will change their minds.

Guess they'd rather have Hilary. Roll Eyes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I like cruising by Mitt's facebook on occasion. He may be popular in Utah, but people from all around the US make it a point to call it like it is every time he posts something.

This current statement has 60,000 comments. Not views, not clicks. 60,000 people have commented, and 99% of them are calling him the turd that he is.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, I watched that interview in its entirety last night. If you want to get to the heart of the matter, start viewing at the 21 minute mark and listen carefully what Hanson says at 22:18. Essentially, that the conspirators shall be hoisted by their own petard, by the lowered standards they themselves applied during this bogus investigation.

If you have the 45 minutes to spare, you should take the time and watch the entire thing, though.

Well worth watching.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching the video and I'm glad I did. Hanson reminds me of William F. Buckley in many ways. Watch a Buckley video and then a Hanson video and you'll see what I mean. Their intellect and demeaner are almost identical.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I find it incredible that Utahns elected him their Senator.

flashguy

Sometimes the choices are: a. RINO or b. Demokrat. Vote Demokrat if you prefer Chuck You Schumer as Senate majority leader.

For many years the Eastern Iowa Congressman was a RINO, Jim Leach. His opponent was always - you guessed it - a Demokrat. I held my nose and voted for Jim.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post